r5-j2

Simplified Iron man Helmet..good or bad?

Which Iron Man Helmet Do You Prefer?   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which Iron Man Helmet Do You Prefer?

• 2012 MCU Helmet Version
    • 2017 "Classic" Helmet Version
    • I like both versions of the Iron Man Helmet

When I first saw the original helmet, I thought it was ridiculously over-sized and that they should have used a printed head (like the SDCC exclusive). Over time, it grew on me and I am quite fond of it now.

The new one, I very much dislike. We have gone from a helmet that had texture (eye holes shown, a shaped jawline) to one that is totally smooth on the front. It just looks too plain. I do, however, like the art style used for the print. I just wish they'd used it on the hold helmet.

On 2/3/2017 at 7:44 PM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I feel like people would like this new one better if it had the classic comic iron man face printed on it, and no I don't count the weird micros version.

100% true

I like the fact that the simplified one represents the comics version, while the detailed MCU version is still retained for MCU-related sets. It's a nice delineation in style, and I think it fits. Plus, as we've seen, the new one is very, very versatile, meaning we can now get characters that would have required complex new helmet molds in the past.

Edited by legozebra

I didn't know this thread existed. But I HATE HATE HATE the new mold. It looks fine with the cartoony one from Mighty Micros and on other people like Vulture and Detroit Steel. But for that new Iron man :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

But I will say this, if that was the original mold that they came out with I would have no problem with it. But because I love the one we have, that actually has a function, I don't see why this mold is necessary... Having molded detail is much better than printed detail. 

19 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I didn't know this thread existed. But I HATE HATE HATE the new mold. It looks fine with the cartoony one from Mighty Micros and on other people like Vulture and Detroit Steel. But for that new Iron man :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

But I will say this, if that was the original mold that they came out with I would have no problem with it. But because I love the one we have, that actually has a function, I don't see why this mold is necessary... Having molded detail is much better than printed detail. 

Even Vulture doesn't look good at all imo.

15 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I totally agree, if we didn`t know better then it would be o.k...but I just see it as Lego "being cheap", going for an easier production option. That said;there are complicated prints ,which it would be suitable for, but over-all it isn`t for me.

Kenny.

I, for one, like the old helmet style that LEGO used in "Age Of Ultron," because of the fact that the helmet is actually movie-like. The new helmet...eh,...not so much. 

But I also think that the helmet is usefull for some things, like "Spiderm: Homecoming" vulture helmet. Oh, and also the MARK I and MARK II ironman helmets also fit with these designs. So does MARK LI, but not the other ones, especially not MARK LXXXV.