Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Mmmmm... What to get first....

I'm with the Croc/balloon combo guys +CMF. The disney series and the halloween series sold out so quickly in my local area that I never even got to lay eyes on a pack let alone buy one. I'll be picking up all of the CMF's that I want in the first few days of the sets release as Batman is popular and will definately sell out quickly. It also doesn't help that I only have 3 local options for buying CMF's which don't tend to restock after the CMFs sell out. It'll be a challenge, that's for sure. 

Edited by LegoShroom

can someone pls send me an image of the polybag as I cant find it :(

oh, and I am going with batcave, freeze, cmf combo. Maybe balloon escape as well.

8 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

How many Joker's are we getting?! A polybag too? Rather excessive when he's already in a 'cheap' set.

Ya that's a lot! But it's the Joker so no complaints. So there's the Arkham jumpsuit one, the sleeveless one from the Lowrider, 3 coattails ones (Scuttler, Balloon, and Polybag) and potentially Chef Joker and maybe one other in the CMF. So that's what? 6 or 7?

16 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

The new polybag is cool. Fortunately, if it is hard to find it looks like most of it is easily made with existing parts.

I'll put money on this being in every check out aisle at your local Target once theyre released. 

Not too big of a fan of the Scuttler. Seeing I already picked up Mr. Freeze and Lowrider l'll being getting Croc and Catwoman set day one.

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

I don't think that there is a genuinely bad set in this line (except possibly the scarecrow one and this is just my opinion) and I really hope the quality carries over to regular DC sets when this theme comes to an end.

8 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

I don't think that there is a genuinely bad set in this line (except possibly the scarecrow one and this is just my opinion) and I really hope the quality carries over to regular DC sets when this theme comes to an end.

I personally beg to differ. The Joker balloon set is an easy pass, as is The Batmobile. The Tail-Gator I thought wasn't amazing, and I'm not too sold on the Riddle Racer. And jeez that Batcave, it's horrendous if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I personally beg to differ. The Joker balloon set is an easy pass, as is The Batmobile. The Tail-Gator I thought wasn't amazing, and I'm not too sold on the Riddle Racer. And jeez that Batcave, it's horrendous if you ask me.

Why is the Balloon Escape a pass? Who could pass that up? Batman, Joker, new balloon pieces, more, for just $15. 

I guess I can see your points with some of them (i'm looking at you croc), but I genuinely like and want all of these sets.They have their flaws, but I don't mind that. Nothing is perfect.

Edited by robertgorman2505

8 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I thought the batmobile wasn't that great but bought it anyway as I'm buying every set in this line. It was the first one I built of the ones I've bought, and I love it once I've seen it in real life. It's huge, some cool pieces I've never seen before and it's nice to have a two seater batmobile now. 

Why not just get all of them day one in January :tongue: I know it's crazy and it sounds even crazier after you do the math using Brickset's prices as a basis: :sick:

You're looking at $615 for the whole line of already revealed boxed sets. Assuming that the Scarecrow set is $15 it'll be $630. If it;s $20 like the Mr. Freeze set then the total goes up to $640. Assuming that the Arctic Roller is $40 you're looking at $680. If the car is $50 like the Joker Pimp-Mobile then its $690.

This total rises to $770 if you'll also be buying the complete set of CMFs for $80. Assuming that the polybags are the standard $5 each and not promo items we're looking at $780! *huh* ... Plus tax (and shipping if you're buying online) as well as anything that will be released alongside the line such as exclusive minifigs in books, in-store offers, or what have you plus other promo polybags. Not to mention tickets to see the movie itself (hoping that they have a promo for that like they did for TLM) and the 5 other sets coming out in the summer wave and the maybe some others well past that and a possible UCS set?

So you're not looking at anything below $800 for right now. *huh* Depending on how much money you're making as an AFOL in the US with a steady income (including minimum wage) you're working anywhere from a few days to a week to two weeks to almost a month even up to an entire month just to afford these sets... and that is the ideal situation if you're not counting any other expenses for living. Insane!

Compare that to the entire line of Lego Movie sets which was $820 for boxed sets and the CMF series. $1,070 with the Sea Cow; even more if you bought the video game and just a tad bit more with the key-light, keychains, notepads, books and polybags included. 

I don't want this to become a huge discussion about economics and inflation and specialized molds or what not, I'm just pointing this out and letting it sit. Wonder if anybody will do a massive haul day one :wacko: :laugh:

Edited by Legocity2713

9 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Can anyone tell if Croc's truck can do anything? 

I'm pretty sure the wheels turn, making it able for people to push it around. 

8 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I don't want this to become a huge discussion about economics and inflation and specialized molds or what not, I'm just pointing this out and letting it sit. Wonder if anybody will do a massive haul day one :wacko: :laugh:

Thanks for doing the math. Now I know how much I need to save!

8 hours ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Since the Penguin Limo is a retailer exclusive how close to the release date will pictures be shown? 

We won't know when pictures will be shown. But do we have a release date for the Penguin exclusive? Is it 1st January, like the rest of the wave?

4 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

We won't know when pictures will be shown. But do we have a release date for the Penguin exclusive? Is it 1st January, like the rest of the wave?

Yeah I'd assume so

50 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

I personally hope they will give us the last view villains we didn't get before like Hugo Strange, Mad Hatter, Solomon Grundy and maybe a comic accurate Two-Face (just an updated version of the original one) and after that focus on the other Justice League members. With upcoming movies based on the flash etc I think that will be a good possibility. I have to agree with you btw, there are only good sets in this series (at least compared to what we got before, not counting the original batman theme). I really hope the summer wave will be at least as good,  if not better.