LucasLaughing

[MOC / MOD] Imperial Assault Carrier

I've been a fan of the Imperial Assault Carrier since it first appeared in 'Rebels,' so I was very excited to receive a copy of 75106 as a prize for the EB Anthology Contest (Thanks again TLG!).  I wanted to MOD the front windscreen to look more 'in-scale,' but once I started changing things I ended up rebuilding most of the ship (hence the MOC/MOD in the title).

30732814721_998de0ce6d_c.jpg

I don't care about 'play features,' so I rebuilt the TIE launch tubes to be more screen accurate.  I also rebuilt the top so that it's no longer removable.

30185887773_96895217a5_c.jpg

I used some old-style hinge plates to mirror the engines on the bottom of the wings.

30519984330_1ee4952fd2_c.jpg

PicMonkey Collage2.jpg

You can view a few more pics, as well as some of the pics I used as reference, on my flickr.  You can also see the Gozanti in action in my Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka freebuild.

Thanks for viewing!  C & C always welcomed.

I ended up using your build as a basis for mine as well! However I did end up keeping the removable top... thanks!

On 5/2/2018 at 10:55 PM, YodaSkate said:

I ended up using your build as a basis for mine as well! However I did end up keeping the removable top... thanks!

Cool - do you have any pictures of it?  Your micro Resistance Bomber looks great, btw!

Also, I haven't used dropbox before, but I'd recommend flickr if you're still looking for a good image hosting site.

38 minutes ago, Makin Bacon said:

I'd love to see it with a couple of AT-ATs on the bottom

Same.

I really like this mod- I wish more people did them. There’s just a magic to them that’s different than MOCs. 

The thing I like the most is your NPU with the fender over the cockpit- it would have never occurred to me to use that piece. Clever on your part.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:20 AM, LucasLaughing said:

Cool - do you have any pictures of it?  Your micro Resistance Bomber looks great, btw!

Also, I haven't used dropbox before, but I'd recommend flickr if you're still looking for a good image hosting site.

I haven't quiet finished the docking ports yet! So no photos, I more or less kept the mini fig playability but used your model for the basis of the bridge/front section/engines. 

I do own a Flickr account, but since I am also a professional photographer, it's more my portfolio. ;)