frikandeloorlog

60fps Smooth Stop Motion Build - Droid Escape Pod

Hi guys, I've just finished and uploaded a new Lego stop motion video, I hope you like it.

It took about 3 hours to shoot and about 7 hours of CGI work and 3.5 hours to make the final render. I made some improvements over the previous videos and I think it gives a better result. First of all i rendered the video in 60fps in stead of 30fps which makes the building effect much smoother. Also I have switched to another software for adding the sound track, the previous was degrading the video somewhat. Now the video is much sharper. 

At last i have been experimenting with telling a (short) story with speech bubbles. What do you think?

12 minutes ago, Captain Green Hair said:

Looks really smooth to me, I like the text bubbles but why does r2 make sound and c3po doesn't? A lot of work for a short video, but well done!

Thanks! c3po actually talks, so there is no generic sound for him like r2d2 has, that is why i did not include any sound for him. Anyway, that's the reasoning i had at the time :) 

I loved that! Probably the best build video I have seen.  All the other are so jerky and this was great so smooth and flowing! I know and can appreciate the work you put into this.....PLEASE do more!

11 minutes ago, INDYcec said:

I loved that! Probably the best build video I have seen.  All the other are so jerky and this was great so smooth and flowing! I know and can appreciate the work you put into this.....PLEASE do more!

i'm on it!