Mesabi

[K-A06] Turbulence pt. 2

Tags: Civil building

Continuing from last week's adventure

30219552030_80a914526c_z.jpgWeek 66 by North White, on Flickr

"Come on, we need to find Rusty, and then figure out where the crew went." Said Captain Mesabi.

"I am coming, maybe slow down a bit?" Replied Bo'sun Jacobs.

Suddenly,

30401389362_b6124b51bf_z.jpgWeek 66 by North White, on Flickr

"Move and die," Yelled Rusty.

"Oh hey Rusty," said Captain Mesabi. "Nice Spatula."

"Oh it's you guys." Said Rusty.

30401390852_1984787f2d_z.jpgWeek 66 by North White, on Flickr

"Not cool man." Muttered Bo'sun Jacobs

"Quit your lollygagging, we need to get to the bridge."

30517683605_fb7631709a_z.jpgWeek 66 by North White, on Flickr

FIN

C&C appreciated, especially from better builders.

I don't think I qualify to comment :look: but I will anyway :grin:

I like the story and the characters--it made more sense after rereading last week's. However, I feel like I want to see more of the build, and it looks like there is more that we're not seeing, particularly in that third shot.

When I don't have time or pieces to build a long hallway, I try and position the pics so that you can't see the edge of what I've built. Sometimes I'm not as good at this as I would like, but I think it helps sell the illusion of a large space when you can't see the borders.

I want to see what happens next...

14 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I like the story and the characters--it made more sense after rereading last week's. However, I feel like I want to see more of the build, and it looks like there is more that we're not seeing, particularly in that third shot.

When I don't have time or pieces to build a long hallway, I try and position the pics so that you can't see the edge of what I've built. Sometimes I'm not as good at this as I would like, but I think it helps sell the illusion of a large space when you can't see the borders.

I want to see what happens next...

I agree with all of this, especially about looking the story and characters :thumbup: 

I don't know if you forgot to put a tile at the top of the build above the window or if it was intentional, but I think it would definitely look better if the whole row of studs was tiled.

Flickr says you used your phone for the photos and I don't know what capabilities it has, but if it has a timer function, you might want to consider making yourself a stand out of Lego and using the timer to reduce the blur in some of the photos. Alternatively, keep retaking them until you get one that isn't blurred, if you have the time :classic:

Thank you for the feedback! I'll try to make sure the pictures are less blurry. I'm glad you guys like the story so far, it's something I thought I'd try with my limited parts in college. :classic: