Sign in to follow this  
DTom

25 years later...

Hi all,

I'm Thomas, nearly Forty, back to the Lego Fun after about 25 years...

I enjoy hacking some small project out of Raspberry Pi or small uController as a way to discover and learn new things.

I'm back to Lego Technic because of them. A few months ago, at a friend's place, I was showing him "Scratch" from MIT as a fun way to learn his kids to code.

I knew you could control some uC from "Scratch", as his son had a cargo plane set on a shelf, we googled scratch + lego, that was it, I dived again in the lego world.

Seeing amazing technic sets and MOCs, EV3/NXT projects, etc. Back at home I kept watching them on Youtube.

It's been 2 month and I have bought an insane amount of used or new Technic and Mindstorms sets, some to build, some for the parts.

Work + Babies keep me from using them as much as want, but I'm learning LDD preparing my first MOC, a big attachment for the Xerion, I hope I will be able to show it soon.

I will explain in a dedicated post but registering with Eurobricks was a huge pain (1 week and 3 email accounts needed) at it sounds Google doesn't like your validating email.

Cheers

Thomas