Sign in to follow this  
rodiziorobs

[Challenge 5] [Cat B] Five Old Guys in a Boat

Dona Flor had heard the news and couldn't wait to tell everyone: the three biggest corporations in the galaxy were hosting a series of games, just for them! The Space Geriatric Games.

Did I mention Dona Flor was a little hard of hearing?

Anyway, it wasn't hard to put together a five-man rowing team from the local homesteaders, and Dona Flor herself would be the coxswain. When the team arrived to claim MANTIS sponsorship, the MANTIS agent was sure that rowing wasn't an actual event, but after checking the rules, it simply said "boat race" and had only a size requirement, not age. "Why not," he thought to himself. "At the very least, it'll give those NBC morons some more human interest crap for their broadcast," and he signed them up. Besides, he had learned not to ask too many questions.

29115807716_e9ec766fbc_c.jpg

"Did he say to put on our tuxedos?"

29148745545_050423b2f9_c.jpg

"I want some taquitos!"

29071133931_e85efa6c81_c.jpg

"Look, ma! I'm on TV!"

Pictures to show size. The red buoys mark every 5 studs from the dock to the yellow buoys, exactly 20 studs, and there is a space of 10 studs between the rows.

29115824896_4c076737bc_c.jpgBoat Race by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

29071131651_baa74100e4_c.jpgBoat Race by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

Yeah, this boat is definetly my favourite, as Pombe's Mitgardian.

Never underestimate the power of old sailors especially if they were trained at Oxford or Cambridge

Rowing powaaaaaaaaaaa !

Haahha! I love this! As Professor Thaum mentioned, your idea and Pombe's stand out hilariously for your interpretation of the contest. The boat is nice and smooth, but of course... not quite as fast as some other boats! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat