Dublad

€125, 18 sets...

So I find myself in an interesting position. I have €125 to spend and 18 sets on my wishlist. If you where in my shoes which combination of sets would you choose and why? I have a fairly good idea how I'm going to go but thought it'd be interesting to see what other people would choose. Sets and prices are:

9500 Sith Fury-Class Interceptor €80

7675 AT-TE Walker €90

6205 V-Wing Fighter €17

7658 Y-Wing Fighter €50

75038 Jedi Interceptor €30

7669 Anakins Jedi Starfighter €17

9498 Saesee Tiins Jedi Starfighter €30

7915 Imperial V-Wing Starfighter €20

8098 Clone Turbo Tank €100

9491 Geonosian Cannon €17

8091 Republic Swamp Speeder €22

8095 General Grevious' Starfighter €45

7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle €45

7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture droid €30

7679 Republic Fighter Tank €90

7753 Pirate Tank €35

8019 Republic Attack Shuttle €45

8128 Cad Bane's Speeder €35

I would go with the Sith Fury Class Interceptor first. And then maybe the Jedi Shuttle, just for Shaak Ti.

Interesting question, But having already got most of them, so knowing what they are like, I'd go for:

And then either:

7295 (which slightly breaks the balance by 5, but is worth it)

Or I'd break the balance by an additional 15 and get:

8095. I'd prefer grievous as his ship in 8095 to me was a really good solid design, and a decent little ship to swoosh.

I'd be gutted at not getting the 9500 though as that is a very decent set, with awesome figs.

Thinking about it, yeah, 9500 and either jedi shuttle or republic attack shuttle (which for 45 euros is actually pretty decent!)

I'm guessing they are used, in which case the pricing seems to be a little on the high side. There's a bunch of sets that have more recent counterparts so unless you are a collector of sorts I would personally skip those. Like pretty much everyone so far I would also recommend 9500! I also like the pirate tank, which features Hondo (who I like as a character), I regret not getting that one.

I'm guessing they are used, in which case the pricing seems to be a little on the high side. There's a bunch of sets that have more recent counterparts so unless you are a collector of sorts I would personally skip those. Like pretty much everyone so far I would also recommend 9500! I also like the pirate tank, which features Hondo (who I like as a character), I regret not getting that one.

I prefer some of the older sets. I've had both 7658 and 9495 in the past and think 7658 looks much better. Most of the sets on the list are sets I owned in the past but sold last year before I moved to a bigger place (and decided if it's not on display it's going to get broken and put in a ziplock). None of the sets from the last couple of years really appeal to me so I'd rather use the cash to pick up older sets I enjoyed than newer ones.

I'm very on the fence about 9500. It looks great and the Darth Malagus MF is great but I have no major connection to the games.

RE the prices: From the few I've bother checking up on they seem pretty much in line with bricklink pricing

I really liked the clone turbo tank, comparing it to the new one just released it seems a lot better. The others on your list that stand out are these 3 which I never got but would really like. That 7679 doesn't seem to appear too often on buy/sell sites so prices can be high.

7679 Republic Fighter Tank €90

7753 Pirate Tank €35

Some of the others like the AT-TE, I'd be more inclinded to get the newer version - 75019. The likes of T4 jedi-shuttle/cad bane's speeder never interested me, but I did buy the minifigs seperately.

for me it's an easy choice

9500 Sith Fury-Class Interceptor €80

for the money I don't see a more rewarding option. I will say that I've been a fan of The Old Republic era since KoTOR in 2001. so I'm likely biased on 9500, but it is a terrific model, very swooshable for its size. the figures are great too (Malgus is one of the best star wars figures ever made) so as an alternate...

7660 Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture droid €30

I was looking at 7660 the other night and there's very little difference between it and 7877 so I think that might be a good call. I also bought 7961 last week so it would go well with that