Sign in to follow this  
Lego2016Lego

(HELP) Buggy motor setup

If you can afford, Definetely 8475! I've had my eye on one for about 3 years now, and haven't truely found a deal, but if you have the money, it's worth it.

If you can afford, Definetely 8475! I've had my eye on one for about 3 years now, and haven't truely found a deal, but if you have the money, it's worth it.

I don't have the money but I can dream :wink: I may just buy the battery box, cable's, remote, and motors. That is all I need right? Is there a receiver? Edited by Lego2016Lego

I wouldn't bother with the sets. They are a bit pricy. Look for the motors first and decide if you want to control them via the old remote and battery box/receiver or just a SBrick.

I know they're useful for fast builds, but there's something that feels a bit untoward about using a 10 year old part in a new model—given the price/scarcity of the parts, it makes it much harder for others to duplicate one's MOCs.

I wouldn't bother with the sets. They are a bit pricy. Look for the motors first and decide if you want to control them via the old remote and battery box/receiver or just a SBrick.

You can do it with a sbrick then that is connected to a new battery box?

I know they're useful for fast builds, but there's something that feels a bit untoward about using a 10 year old part in a new model—given the price/scarcity of the parts, it makes it much harder for others to duplicate one's MOCs.

I have bad MOCs no one would try to build one of them is http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=127261 Edited by Lego2016Lego

I'd look for the set as it cheaper (from what I have seen) than buying all the parts separately.

You can do it with a sbrick then that is connected to a new battery box?

Yes, you can connect 1 RC motor to 1 regular battery box. Note that the performance will be slightly less than connecting it to the RC receiver due to current limits on the newer battery boxes. In my opinion, It's still better to use the SBrick and battery setup as the RC receivers are bulky, expensive and the antenna is prone to bending.

Yes, you can connect 1 RC motor to 1 regular battery box. Note that the performance will be slightly less than connecting it to the RC receiver due to current limits on the newer battery boxes. In my opinion, It's still better to use the SBrick and battery setup as the RC receivers are bulky, expensive and the antenna is prone to bending.

Ok thanks and dose the buggy's motor cables go on the sbrick?

You can get one of these or one of these and attach one end to the motor itself, and then attach the other end to the Sbrick port. You will also need on of those cables to connect the Sbrick to the battery box.

You can get one of these or one of these and attach one end to the motor itself, and then attach the other end to the Sbrick port. You will also need on of those cables to connect the Sbrick to the battery box.

What are the cables?