Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

(MOC) S1 Switcher

Hello! It's been awhile since I posted anything in this forum, but I wanted to show some of the progress I've made on a layout I've been working on by showing off the engine I'm going to use on it, namely an S1 Switcher.

S1%20Switcher%201_zpsi6m83j5c.jpg?t=1464119356

The engine itself still needs a bit of work on it, namely the height, but it does look nice working the harbour I've built.

S1%20Switcher%202_zpscab8ciwq.jpg?t=1464119359

Building the nose of the engine proved somewhat troublesome, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

S1%20Switcher%204_zpssjzoq0rg.jpg?t=1464119359

The back needs a bit of work done to it, but I'm relatively happy with the cab. The image above shows how the cab roof comes off in order to place figures inside.

I've also built a transfer caboose to go alongside this engine that I hope to have posted soon. Feedback would be appreciated! :classic:

I like it, but, at the same time, for this particular loco, because of its already diminutive size, I feel like this is really where the 6-stud width starts to show its profound weakness. I get the distinct sensation I am looking at a narrow gauge switcher sitting on broad-gauge track.

Nice work capturing a prototypical locomotive. You can definitely see the elements of the S1 that you've replicated perfectly and as you say there's room for some improvements around the height. I'd suggest building up the hood some more.

So I decided to build up the cab a bit and also heighten the engine a bit. I think I managed to get the shape of the engine a little bit better, although I'm probably going to tinker with it a bit more.

S1%20Switcher%20V2%201_zpsdtcn0dua.jpg?t=1464547589

Feedback's appreciated, as always. :classic: