Sign in to follow this  
IAmWillGibson

Modular Corner Deli MOC/Mod

Here's a link to the Flickr of my MOC/Mod of the Corner Deli, as an attempt to Modularize it. I've never done anything close to this before, so be gentle if I've made any blunders!

[i just spent about 45 minutes trying to insert photos into this thread, before my computer froze on me, so I'm just linking the gallery for now. I'll add in proper photos when I have a bit more time and patience.]

Thanks for looking!

Very nice! :thumbup: It's a good mod on the base set. The interior is very nice! My suggestion, if permanently lining up with the $150+ Expert sets, is to bump up the roof height of the 1st floor by about 4 brick heights.

Very good advice. I was trying to convince myself size variance is a real thing in cities... but it won't be that hard to just add another brick height to the top floor and a few to the bottom. I'll have to tweak the back stairs, but that shouldn't be too bad.

I'm also gonna raise the entire building off the baseplate by at least a plate or two. That's an easy cheat.

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Here's the post-reno Bob's Kabobs. I took the advice and made it higher. It's still the short guy on the street, but it fits much nicer than before. I raised the whole thing a brick and a plate off the ground, and added at least a brick at each level. The roof is now about the same height as the Detective's Office, on the short side. I'll try to insert photos now. Most of these are from the first version, but the internal details barely changed.

The little deli at the end of the street in Bricklyn Heights.

26235552650_39001f1b56_c.jpg

The Bobs.

26440317041_7a2c588fc9_z.jpg

Front.

25901509224_f9115c258f_z.jpg

Rear. I am fond of my garbage can and banister.

26480464266_ec6548841d_z.jpg

26348579486_da2888c15e_z.jpg

25769654544_6fedc74093_z.jpg

26101643160_ce44ee9472_z.jpg

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Looks better after the raise. I like the shawarma and the stovetops made from Speed Champion rims. Around the rear, I feel like the umbrella table is weird and out of place....who wants to eat next to a dumpster?

...But maybe that's just what you get when you eat at the "short man on the block."

Great mod.