J4ke

[MOC] Destiny FOTC Hawk Concept

25729203525_1ea3ecae40_z.jpgDestiny FOTC Hawk Concept by Jake, on Flickr

It's no secret that Destiny, while a very fun game, is radically different to how it was conceived. I find perusing Destiny's concept art to be an entertaining pursuit though, since there's some cool stuff that almost made it into the game. Take this ship, for example. In the concept art, it's the above colour scheme, belonging to a faction (Forces Of The City) that was cut from the game. In-game, the white portions are light grey, it's unarmed, and all it does it fly around the main social space.

Now that doesn't stop it looking really freaking cool, so I built it anyway. It's a very interesting design, I love all the wings and fins. Plenty of fun angles too. The wings rotate for landing, and the built-in landing gear forms two of three points. The third is the landing leg at the back. Alas, it can't support it's own weight, but you can barely see the transparent bricks I propped it upon anyway...

Finding decent reference pics of this was surprisingly hard. I went and sat in the Tower for a while and took screenshots as they flew past me, but the rear of this beast is a well-kept secret. There is actually one of these parked in the Lighthouse, the PvP tryhard-only social space, but I haven't been there in years, so I had to watch some kid's youtube video boasting that he was there, muting it, and then pausing it when his character was anywhere near the rear of the ship. So yeah, it's reasonably accurate. That being said, I got a good few reference pics from artstation: <a href="https://cdn1.artstat...jpg?1442243786" rel="nofollow">cdn1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/208/901/la...</a>

Enjoy, let me know what you think, you know the drill. There may be a video to come, but I need to shave first. And collect my thoughts so I don't just ramble on...

(Check the very end of the photoset if you want to see the sorcery that I used to make the front/cockpit work, and a few other cutaway bits.)

Edited by J4ke