anothergol

[MOC] Another AT-ST version 4.5

9 hours ago, Cylo said:

How stable are the legs on it?

Let's say they hold for the camera. I'd put it on a table but not on a high shelf or with pets around.

I've made several display stands and they work well, only they're kinda intrusive. I was thinking of buying a metal one like they used for the movies, one heavy & solid enough to hold the thing from further in the back. I don't think that could be done with Lego. Would be cool to hold it in a pose like on my signature. On one leg like that, it definitely can't hold alone that's for sure. The high-friction joints & the first knee joint are solid but they have their limit.

Edited by anothergol

Another year another version, with a little more non-Lego parts (like those very handy 1x1 bracket plates that I wish Lego had made).
Since I'm now using wedge tiles, I decided to add that extra plate thickness in the back, it looked too thick when I was using wedge plates, but with tiles it's ok. Same thing with the chin's lip.

I decided to put it in the pose I had used for a 3D render last yearn, but obviously it wouldn't have standed by itself on just one leg, so I added the rocky base, onto which it's pinned.

(also changed the interior a lot again, but didn't take pictures)

52406635913_6dbdabe2dc_c_d.jpg

52406126566_43e10c063f_c_d.jpg

52406635798_75ec8a5288_c_d.jpg

It looks good, but I cannot forgive the use of custom parts. That's a definite, indisputable no no in my book. A holy commandment.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:52 PM, Falcrum said:

It looks good, but I cannot forgive the use of custom parts. That's a definite, indisputable no no in my book. A holy commandment.

I know, I used to be a purist too.
But now it has become a game, hunting for special parts, just as I was hunting for rare/not in set Lego parts/recolors.