Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

1950's Classic Space car - 6 wide 21108 (Ecto 1) MOD

(I'm not sure where to put this model, as it's town, but based off a licensed set in a classic space color scheme!)

23931957309_e8120d30a4_z.jpg

This classic car was inspired by my previous car for Benny the 1980-something space guy, and partially by set 21108. (that's the Ghostbuster's Ecto 1) With the Ecto 1, I removed the front hood, shortened the car's length and width to make it about the same size my usual CITY-scale vehicles at a acceptable 24 studs long and 6 studs wide. I then added the front hood and grille work which was originally inspired by set 4728 (Escape from Privet Drive).

24004200020_77cf75e03c_z.jpg

The rear of the car features twin exhaust pipes, and a license plate that in all likelihood is a vanity plate saying "BENY84". (as 1984's the year our favorite blue Classic Space astronaut was introduced)

30363pb021.jpg

(picture from Bricklink)

Also, the 4x2 slope should feature the print above (link to Bricklink: http://alpha.brickli...63pb021#T=C&C=7 )

22055750674_47b35f5ab3_z.jpg

Anyway, the car looks like it could fit a figure, but it can't as of right now... It probably could work but would require substantial body work MODs that I frankly don't want to do right now. (sorry!) The car will be built by summer, and will replace the car seen in the above picture.

LDD file: http://www.moc-pages...1452458064m.lxf

Edited by Murdoch17

I like this. Nice job on the tailfins and especially rear bumper.

But I keep thinking it would look better with quad headlights, one pair above the other.

Edited by Space Police XVIII

I like this. Nice job on the tailfins and especially rear bumper.

But I keep thinking it would look better with quad headlights, one pair above the other.

Thanks, I'll have to see about the headlights.