Sign in to follow this  
EpsilonEta

[Challenge 3][Cat A][K-B06] Landing at Station 9

This is a remake of mediumsnowman's Landing at Station 6.

Landing at Station 9

BEGIN TRANSMISSION 02: SPECIAL FORCES JEBEDIAH O'REILLY TO KAWASHITA HQ

SECURE CHANNEL 459867

30 MAIAN AD 3815

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a lengthy space journey I have arrived at B06. I don't know why HQ would have wanted me to come here. Well, at least the landscapes comes to life as I'm about to land at Docking Port 9 of Operative Q's brand new facility. Oh look, here he is with my supervisor, Agent Raven.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END TRANSMISSION 02

23643722044_57a6d55363_c.jpg

B06 Facility

23643722024_67e8a2085d_c.jpg

Facility Top

24271932325_0020006b26_c.jpg

Landing 1

24245818556_3c31f490a8_c.jpg

Honored Colleagues

23645133303_5da6d9d534_c.jpg

Defense Tower

24271932185_6b618388f9_c.jpg

Water

24245818336_21e2893931_c.jpg

Interceptor

24163790662_2f8d0c0712_c.jpg

Interceptor Back

24189411641_ed6fbd7ec7_c.jpg

Platform Empty

First of all, I love this challenge!

In the past I have made two micro versions of others spaceships (and a few of mine) but this time I got to do it in full scale.

When I found Landing at Station 6 their wasn't any point in continue looking. It had a spaceship (which was what I searched for) but also a landing pad, a gun platform as well as two guest appearances! I meant to use OperativeQ and MikeS but as medium used his own character as a guest in his category A I realized I could do the same. (And Raven, like Pombe, would end up as CEO)

I also really liked the shape of this spaceship and I knew I wanted to build it as similar as possible but with completely different pieces / techniques. So, first of all I had to make a copy to use as reference. Here are a few comparisons:

24271932005_505ac59e51_c.jpg

My ship is two studs longer but otherwise they are very similar in size.

24189411571_c47f894d85_c.jpg

A few more pictures of the ship.

The underside:

24245818186_fb3374ff11_c.jpg

and the seat:

23904112599_2a1cc008f7_c.jpg

When I started I knew I just had to use that car wash piece (2473), as the Octan gas station (6397) was a favorite from my childhood. (and still I'm playing for Kawashita? Well, I have even more nostalgia towards Space, especialy M-tron and Spyrius)

And here is Jebediah in his Kawashita uniform.

24271932415_b9df61cdc1.jpg

I used a different head as that strange expression he use to have make him look like he's up to something, now he look more confident. (and I didn't have that head)

Edited by EpsilonEta

Wow. I'm blown away. Everything is just perfect. :wub: I personally think this one is my weakest build and I tried to do too much with my limited pieces at that time. :laugh: You've fixed everything that was wrong with it. Great SNOT work, everything is tiled, no random pumps... You have my stamp of approval. Excellent presentation as well. Great job. :thumbup:

Those trans-light blue railings (or whatever they're called) are awesome! :thumbup:

The window panels stuck in the lever parts?

Everything is, as the cliché goes, awesome but my favorite bit are the trans-light blue panels too.

Excellent remake!

Thanks!

Love the stripes on those wings..!

The (white / dark red) stripes on the wing was mostly luck (but don't tell anyone)

I use 1x1 brick with one side stud to connect the underside of the wing and I couldn't use an even number of bricks in between. Then I saw it was a cool pattern and “colored” them. They even turned out to match the red stripes on the original ship.

Wow. I'm blown away. Everything is just perfect. :wub: I personally think this one is my weakest build and I tried to do too much with my limited pieces at that time. :laugh: You've fixed everything that was wrong with it. Great SNOT work, everything is tiled, no random pumps... You have my stamp of approval. Excellent presentation as well. Great job. :thumbup:

Good that you approve. You may have tried to do too much (and for a weekly build there is a lot going on) but it only meant I got more things to build.

Funny you should mention the pumps. I thought Kawashita wouldn't have any (and I moved the fuel tank to under the turret). I also skipped the picture from that angle as “wall” wouldn't really have added anything. (yes, all the pictures outside the spoiler are mimicked from the reference)

Those trans-light blue railings (or whatever they're called) are awesome! :thumbup:

The window panels stuck in the lever parts?

Everything is, as the cliché goes, awesome but my favorite bit are the trans-light blue panels too.

Thanks!

Cool that you like the “window in lever base” as transparent railings. I used the same technique for screens in some earlier builds.

It's funny how small details (railings and stripes) can lift a build so mush.

Beautifully done build! I've been really busy with school and exams, but I'm trying to catch up with what's happened.

The SNOT techniques used here really improves the original build (no offense Jeb :wink:), and makes this one stand out (I also like that I'm not completely forgotten yet :grin:)! Great job!

The SNOT techniques used here really improves the original build (no offense Jeb :wink: )

None taken! :classic: I won't fool myself, my original build was... not good. :laugh: