simonwillems

New Set Town Plan

The groom has even got the old style torso, but I can't tell if it's a sticker. It doesn't appear to be on the DSS, but the torso just looks like it's a sticker.

I jumped out of my seat when I saw this on Lego Shop! The Town Plan just has to be inspired by the Hill Valley town square in the Back to the Future films, which in reality is on the backlot of Universal Studios in California. It's got the clock tower, the movie-theater, the water fountain, and a service station, all very reminiscent of the films. Lego's so sly! :)

Town Plan

10184-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Well... I can't really see the purpose of this thread, it is just a statement.

But to go into details: The original Town Plan set this new one is based on, predates the Back to the Future sequence. So it's actually a remake of a Legoset. It may be very similar to the movie but that presumably was not the orginal intention of the creators. Maybe it's the other way around: the creators of the film might have looked at the Legoset and thought: 'hey, that's a good idea'.

:-)

Ha! You sure have a point there! Come to think of it I just wached the films yesterday and it is quite astorunding! :-D Great Find!

Stauder

I'd like to see pictures of the original Town Plan set.

Sorry if I shouldn't have created a thread; I just thought it was a cool parallel to Back to the Future. Maybe it's more a case of the original Lego set AND BTF successfully mirroring what a lot of town squares looked like in the 1950s. Even so, I'm heavily tempted to save up for this set and then build a Lego Delorean to go along with it. :)

I'll merge this with the Town Plan discussion thread as the set itself was discovered some time ago...

I'd like to see pictures of the original Town Plan set.

Even so, I'm heavily tempted to save up for this set and then build a Lego Delorean to go along with it. :)

I am saving up as well, what a great set it is! *sweet*

I'm sure there are more clearer images of the original set but this is the best I can find at the moment.

725-3.jpg

Interesting how it was a mix of Lego bricks and toy cars. The gas station looks quite a bit like the one in the new set.

Interesting how it was a mix of Lego bricks and toy cars. The gas station looks quite a bit like the one in the new set.

Town plan was more of a theme than one actual set and the new Town Plan is based on that series... :-$ I think...

Although I seem to remember a set that is very close to the current one, except that there was a church instead of the town hall...move in the PC police!

:-D

810-2.jpg

and this is the european version of town plan.

1309-1.gif

here's your church, hink! :-P

more pictures of essentially the same set but with diff design and diff kids

810-2.jpg

810-2.jpg

810-4.jpg

810-2.jpg

Thanks Nate Lite Soda! That's the picture I remember being referenced...

That's the picture I remember being referenced...
Yes that's the picture that's referenced on the front of the new Town Plan box. The neat thing is, that little boy is actually Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen!

Thanks Nate Lite Soda! That's the picture I remember being referenced...

yeah, :-D that building by the boy's elbow. there's the church you were looking for. :-D ;-)

edit: actually by his left arm. his elbow is on the gas station, so it seems.

edit: actually by his left arm. his elbow is on the gas station, so it seems.

no freakin' manners :-D

PHEW!!! for a min there i was so, so, so lonely. glad to have someone share the same thoughts too. :-P

i think she died. someone earlier said she did. maybe you can google it to find out.

Dear Friend,

The lovely young girl in the old Town plan was Hanne, the little sister of Kield and Gunhild.

In a tragic car accident under severe rain on the 30th. October 1969, after returning home from a movie, Hanne (aged 18) died and Kjeld (aged 22) was so seriously injured that it took almost six months to heal.

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen never talked about that tragedy since.

This tragedy so shook their father, Godtfred Kirk Christiansen, that he seriously considered selling the company.

Indeed, even today, TLG staff avoid speeking about little Hanne.

Warmest regards!

Armando