Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #146: Red is the Bloodiest Color

The baker lets out an angry grunt. "Oh, Lacy Lane Morris," she says in a mocking tone. "Lacy, Lacy, Lacy. Always getting help from other people, always snatching up the good men. She wants my help now? Puh-lease."

Avalanche pins the poster to the front of the bakery, "She didn't tell me to ask your permission, I was just being friendly...."

I'll have the update later tonight. Classes already have me working like mad.

Avalanche pins the poster to the front of the bakery, "She didn't tell me to ask your permission, I was just being friendly...."

marylancaster.png

Mary Lancaster rips the poster down. "I thought you Heroes were more intimidating than that. You don't scare me."

pasture.png

Annie and Calamity head to the pens, finding none of the scary creatures, unless a rooster was scary. The animals happily grazed in the pastures, all getting along. Perhaps this was the nicest any animals had gotten along on Tridentia in a long time. Right where a hen was, there looked to be a spot where the two Heroes could place their posters.

Mary Lancaster rips the poster down. "I thought you Heroes were more intimidating than that. You don't scare me."

Avalanche starts laughing, "You want us to be intimidating? Do you know why we're here? We're here to save your town. Scaring the citizens is doing the opposite. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just asking you a question!" He puts the poster back on the wall, this time keeping his paw on it to stop her pulling it down again.

Calamity joins Annie. "Wait up, shouldn't go off by yourself, there's thugs around here, remember."

Annienal felt uncomfortable around Calamity. She still creeped her out, and there was no real reason for the mage to follow her unless she wanted something.

Reaching the pens, Annienal's mood improved. It'd been awhile since she'd seen any sort of farm animals. She placed a note to the fence and stepped back. Hopefully nothing would try and stop them from keeping the note on the wooden structure.

Avalanche starts laughing, "You want us to be intimidating? Do you know why we're here? We're here to save your town. Scaring the citizens is doing the opposite. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just asking you a question!" He puts the poster back on the wall, this time keeping his paw on it to stop her pulling it down again.

marylancaster.png

"You're lucky none of the town guards are around, or I'd call them over here so fast to hang you by your fingers!" She goes inside and slams the door. She shouts "You are not welcome at my bakery!"

Well, at least she kept the poster up...

Reaching the pens, Annienal's mood improved. It'd been awhile since she'd seen any sort of farm animals. She placed a note to the fence and stepped back. Hopefully nothing would try and stop them from keeping the note on the wooden structure.

Of course, nothing is ever easy.

rudyhoff.png

One of the horses goes up and pushes the sign off with his head. The paper falls to the grown as the horse neighs at the Heroes, as if it was trying to say something.

The inventory now looks like:

poster.pngLacy's Information Posters (5), quest item

Locations to place:

Mary Lancaster's Bakery (1) - Completed

Pillars at Dock (2)

Animal Pens (2)

Old Man Kendall's Back (1) - Completed

Shrine of Ennoc (1)

Annienal turns to Calamity. "You, um, wouldn't happen to speak horse, would you?"

Annienal turns to Calamity. "You, um, wouldn't happen to speak horse, would you?"

"Nope. Unless that's a lesser demon of the second circle in disguise, I won't be able to talk to it. Maybe we should appease it somehow. Got any sugar or something?"

"You're lucky none of the town guards are around, or I'd call them over here so fast to hang you by your fingers!" She goes inside and slams the door. She shouts "You are not welcome at my bakery!"

Well, at least she kept the poster up...

Avalanche shrugs and mutters, "Couldn't care less..." as he trudges back down the cobbled street, secretly pleased at having succeeded in putting up the poster. He heads towards the Shrine of Ennoc, wondering where Warlen has got to.

Avalanche shrugs and mutters, "Couldn't care less..." as he trudges back down the cobbled street, secretly pleased at having succeeded in putting up the poster. He heads towards the Shrine of Ennoc, wondering where Warlen has got to.

Warlen looked out from the alleyway where he'd seen something move (probably a cat), and wondered wher Avalanche was. Deciding that he probably entered the bakery, he almost goes inside, before noticing Avalanche's distinctively yeti silhouette, and running after him.

As he ran, he considered what an odd place this was, with its human billboards, and angry store owners. In another place, another life, another time, such a place might exist, yet larger, and with a stupid name, like the Big Apple. Warlen would not live there.

Warlen looked out from the alleyway where he'd seen something move (probably a cat), and wondered wher Avalanche was. Deciding that he probably entered the bakery, he almost goes inside, before noticing Avalanche's distinctively yeti silhouette, and running after him.

As he ran, he considered what an odd place this was, with its human billboards, and angry store owners. In another place, another life, another time, such a place might exist, yet larger, and with a stupid name, like the Big Apple. Warlen would not live there.

Avalanche sees the half-elf running after him, "Oh, there you are - I was wondering where you had gotten to. You missed that - knurdlvarn yelling at me, telling me that I ought to intimidate her, and threatening to call the guards on me. At least she let me put the poster up. Anyway, I thought we'd go to the shrine next, since the girls are taking care of the animal pens. That all right with you?"

Avalanche sees the half-elf running after him, "Oh, there you are - I was wondering where you had gotten to. You missed that - knurdlvarn yelling at me, telling me that I ought to intimidate her, and threatening to call the guards on me. At least she let me put the poster up. Anyway, I thought we'd go to the shrine next, since the girls are taking care of the animal pens. That all right with you?"

"Yeah, sure. I've got no plans in this town, for now at least."

ennocshrine.png

Warlen and Avalanche found the Shrine to Ennoc rather easily. It was a simple thing, more of a totem than a shrine. A gold offering plate sat on the wooden table. What would the Heroes do?

Back at the pasture, the animals just gaze, perhaps confused, at the female Heroes.

Warlen and Avalanche found the Shrine to Ennoc rather easily. It was a simple thing, more of a totem than a shrine. A gold offering plate sat on the wooden table. What would the Heroes do?

Avalanche, seeing nobody in sight, walks over to the Shrine and pins the poster to the grey wall to the right of the wooden table, keeping his paw on it as he does. He looks around warily, expecting some sort of obstacle to their success.

"Nope. Unless that's a lesser demon of the second circle in disguise, I won't be able to talk to it. Maybe we should appease it somehow. Got any sugar or something?"

"I don't understand you. What's with the demon worship, and why are you so open about it? If I were you, I'd ensure nobody knew about that." Annienal leaned on the fence post, picking the note up again.

Calamity picks some grass and holds it up for the horse to eat. She sighs. "I don't worship demons, Annie, I have told you this before. I study them. Knowledge is power. There won't be knowledge if everyone refuses to speak about demons and the void, so I try to change that..."

Edited by Scubacarrot

Avalanche, seeing nobody in sight, walks over to the Shrine and pins the poster to the grey wall to the right of the wooden table, keeping his paw on it as he does. He looks around warily, expecting some sort of obstacle to their success.

The gold offerng plate rattles, shakes. A bright light emmits from the plate, but a glow surrounds the entire shrine, pushing the poster off the wall and back into Avalanche's paws.

Calamity picks some grass and holds it up for the horse to eat. She sighs. "I don't worship demons, Annie, I have told you this before. I study them. Knowledge is power. There won't be knowledge if everyone refuses to speak about demons and the void, so I try to change that..."

The horse happily nibbles on the grass held out by Calamity.

Avalanche smiles at Warlen, "Thanks," before replacing the paper, "Maybe if this doesn't work we should give an offering...."

"You have an odd definition of studying, then." Annienal replies.

The horse happily nibbles on the grass held out by Calamity.

Calamity pets the horse's nose. "Hey horsey, think we can leave one of our posters on your fence?"

"You have an odd definition of studying, then." Annienal replies.

"You'd rather I read books written by Ennoc's followers or something than do my experiments? Seems like a sure way to get killed. It's a surprise if any exorcism done by one of them priests goes right considering the inaccuracy I've found in some tomes."

The paper again falls down, even though Warlen attempted to use magic

---------------------

rudyhoff.png

The horse just looks at Calamity.

Avalanche places the poster on the golden bowl, as an offering. If that doesn't work, he takes a bone from his pack and places that on the golden bowl, and then tries again.

Avalanche places the poster on the golden bowl, as an offering. If that doesn't work, he takes a bone from his pack and places that on the golden bowl, and then tries again.

The poster shoots off from the bowl back into Avalanche's grasp. When he places the bone, the offering plate glows, rattling as if contemplating the gift. As if it wasn't enough, the bone flies back into Avalanche's pack.