Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #146: Red is the Bloodiest Color

Annienal nods her head. "Mayor Morris. It's good seeing you again. I, um, do have some questions. Can you tell us a bit about the individuals responsible for these attacks? I remember hearing about mercenaries, but I don't believe it's been elaborated upon."

lacylane.png

Lacy makes her way over to the group and takes her husband's hand. "Hello, Annie, Warlen." A warm smile comes from her as she notices Avalanche and Calamity. "I must say, you have to be warm there, sir. And, miss, I may have some clothing options for you. Actually all of you. Ask me at any point if you need to see my shop. And mentioning my shop-"

"Um, no, no thank you. I'm quite alright thank you." Annienal shuffled awkwardly, rubbing the side of her helmet with one hand. "I, um, like what I'm wearing, thank you."

"Pleased to meet you," Avalanche takes the mayor's hand in his massive paw and shakes it heartily, "Only one question: exactly how experienced are these militiamen? Are we talking about simple villagers, or do they have some battle training?"

Annienal nods her head. "Mayor Morris. It's good seeing you again. I, um, do have some questions. Can you tell us a bit about the individuals responsible for these attacks? I remember hearing about mercenaries, but I don't believe it's been elaborated upon."

williammorris.png

"I myself am not so sure on their experience, I've been too busy running the day-to-day functions of the town," he replies to the yeti. "Captain Greyson, our militia leader, would be able to answer that better. He served in a small mercenary company over in Dastan before settling down here. Greyson recruited a few people from the town who had aptitude and has been training them, but there's only so much he can do. Some have fought off a few raiders but they're are now too many of them to fight, and we don't have enough soldiers to defend every ship that leaves our port."

Turning to Annie to answer her question, he replies, "I've been lucky, or perhaps unlucky, to see a few of these men. They've mainly done hit and run attacks when they do come ashore. Most of the time they stick to the sea and harrass our ships. We've lost thousands of gold worth of cargo since they started attacking. Basically, we're dealing with a large group of pirates. I've never heard of anything like it. My bet is there someone is higher up pulling the strings, but I'm at a loss at just who it would be. Surely it's nobody in Eubric."

"Clothing options?" Calamity picks at her black robes. "What's wrong with this? Very well, show me, then."

lacylane.png

"Here you go," Lacy responds to the mage.

Supplies for sale

heroica-potion.jpg

Potion
(Restores 10 health to the target.) Costs 7 gold.

heroica-remedy.jpg

Remedy
(Removes all negative effects from the target.) Costs 11 gold.

heroica-holybomb.jpg

Holy Bomb
(Causes 5 points of
Light
-elemental damage to all enemies.) Costs 15 gold.

heroica-elixir.jpg

Elixir
(Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target.) Costs 25 gold.

Tridentian Cape
(Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear). Costs 40 gold.

Nondescript cape
(SP: 3; protects from Cursed effect; suitable for rogues; backwear). Costs 40 gold.

Elaborate Robe
(SP: 2; Max Ether +4; protects from Enamored and Doomed; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear). Costs 60 gold.

Avalanche grins as she enquires about his warmth, "I get that a lot, but I'm fine actually. As for the shop, I'm a bit skeptical as to whether random villagers would feel comfortable buying from a giant white furry thing, but I'd be happy to help."

lacylane.png

"Really?" she asks excitedly. "That would be so helpful. I'm moving my shop to a new location in a few weeks, and I want everyone in the town to know. Here are seven posters you need to put up around town. Here is the list you need to place them at." She hands Avalanche the items. "You can finish this at anytime you are able to before you head back to Eubric."

poster.pngLacy's Information Posters (7), quest item

Locations to place:

Mary Lancaster's Bakery (1)

Pillars at Dock (2)

Animal Pens (2)

Old Man Kendall's Back (1)

Shrine of Ennoc (1)

"Mary Lancaster's bakery is down the street. You've already been to the docks so you know where that is. The animal pens are just outside of town. See that man stumbling around? That's Old Man Kendall. The Shrine is around back. You might not be able to complete everything at once; you may have to get some help."

Edited by KingoftheZempk

"Really?" she asks excitedly. "That would be so helpful. I'm moving my shop to a new location in a few weeks, and I want everyone in the town to know. Here are seven posters you need to put up around town. Here is the list you need to place them at." She hands Avalanche the items. "You can finish this at anytime you are able to before you head back to Eubric."

poster.pngLacy's Information Posters (7), quest item

Locations to place:

Pillars at Dock (2)

Animal Pens (2)

Old Man Kendall's Back (1)

Shrine of Ennoc (1)

"Mary Lancaster's bakery is down the street. You've already been to the docks so you know where that is. The animal pens are just outside of town. See that man stumbling around? That's Old Man Kendall. The Shrine is around back. You might not be able to complete everything at once; you may have to get some help."

Avalanche, noticing the old man stumbling around near him, quickly takes a poster and attaches it to his back, surprised at the man's lack of comprehension that he was being used as a walking billboard. He hurries back to Lacy, "One down, six to go!"

oldmankendall.png

"What's this?" Old Man Kendall exclaims, ripping the poster from his back and handing it back to Avalanche. "Get away from me!"

lacylane.png

"You might need to get someone to distract him," she advises. "Using traits suitable to you may help."

Calamity nods to the shopkeeper, indicating that she would think about purchasing something later. She moves towards Old Man Kendall. "Can you believe that? Pinning notes to unsuspecting passersby? What a world we live in."

"What's this?" Old Man Kendall exclaims, ripping the poster from his back and handing it back to Avalanche. "Get away from me!"

Avalanche rolls his eyes in exasperation and turns to Lacy, "You implied that he wouldn't mind it!"

"You might need to get someone to distract him," she advises. "Using traits suitable to you may help."

"Good idea - Annie, mind using some Diplomacy on him?"

Calamity nods to the shopkeeper, indicating that she would think about purchasing something later. She moves towards Old Man Kendall. "Can you believe that? Pinning notes to unsuspecting passersby? What a world we live in."

"Errr... why are we sticking notes onto his back?"

"Good idea - Annie, mind using some Diplomacy on him?"

"What? Um... okay... but I don't know why you wouldn't get Warlen for this. I mean, he's as qualified as I am..."Annienal approaches the old man and tries speaking to him diplomatically, raising her helmet's visor and ensuring her armour looks clean before approaching him. "Um... excuse me? Sir? I'm, um, looking for some assistance in finding an establishment in town. Could you perhaps help me?"

"What? Um... okay... but I don't know why you wouldn't get Warlen for this. I mean, he's as qualified as I am..."Annienal approaches the old man and tries speaking to him diplomatically, raising her helmet's visor and ensuring her armour looks clean before approaching him. "Um... excuse me? Sir? I'm, um, looking for some assistance in finding an establishment in town. Could you perhaps help me?"

oldmankendall.png

"What's that?" he asks, leaning in to hear her better. "Help? I need help? I'm not that old! Oh, you need help? That makes more sense. What do you need? You look like a decent fellow."

oldmankendall.png

"What's that?" he asks, leaning in to hear her better. "Help? I need help? I'm not that old! Oh, you need help? That makes more sense. What do you need? You look like a decent fellow."

Avalanche surreptitiously hands the poster to Calamity, making sure that Old Man Kendall doesn't see him, "He'll notice me, maybe not you."

"Sure, I mean, he didn't notice me speaking to him earlier too." Calamity quickly sticks the poster to the man while Annie is talking to him.

Old Man Kendall seems to not notice Calamity's action.

oldmankendall.png

"Oh, um, yes, I'm looking for the nearest inn. Do you know where I could find it?" Annienal asks, noticing Calamity plaster the note to the old man's back.

Avalanche mouths to Annie, "Ask him for directions to Mary Lancaster's Bakery instead."

"Oh, um, and where's Mary Lancaster's Bakery... as well. I, um, like pies." Annienal hastily adds in.

"Oh, um, yes, I'm looking for the nearest inn. Do you know where I could find it?" Annienal asks, noticing Calamity plaster the note to the old man's back.

"Oh, um, and where's Mary Lancaster's Bakery... as well. I, um, like pies." Annienal hastily adds in.

oldmankendall.png

"Well the inn is right behind you, missy," the old man says as he directs his cane. "The bakery is about three blocks south from here. You'll easily see it." He does not notice the sign on his back.

The inventory now looks like:

poster.pngLacy's Information Posters (6), quest item

Locations to place:

Pillars at Dock (2)

Animal Pens (2)

Old Man Kendall's Back (1) - Completed

Shrine of Ennoc (1)

Avalanche heads off in the direction of the bakery, feeling too embarrassed to speak to Old Man Kendall.

marylancasterhouse.png

Avalanche finds himself greeted at the door by a somewhat stern looking woman. The smell of fresh pies and bread waft out from the open door.

marylancaster.png

"May I help you?" she asks in a condescending tone.

Calamity finds that the inn is closed for rennovations.

"Um... guys? Guys?" Annienal stood alone after speaking to Old Man Kendell. She looked at the flyers in her hands and turned to Lacy. "Um... can you direct me to the Animal pens, Lacy?" Out of all the areas around town, the animal pens sounded the least dangerous. That and the potential to see young animals made her feel a little better after embarrassing herself in front of the older gentleman.

"May I help you?" she asks in a condescending tone.

"Are you Mary Lancaster? The Mayor's wife is moving the location of her shop and she has sent me to put up posters around the town detailing the new location. Since your bakery is so renowned and frequented by the townsfolk, she was wondering if you would be so kind as to allow her to put a poster outside your bakery?" Remembering his failure with the old man, Avalanche tries to be as polite and flattering as possible, while inwardly rather disgruntled by her treatment of him.

"Um... guys? Guys?" Annienal stood alone after speaking to Old Man Kendell. She looked at the flyers in her hands and turned to Lacy. "Um... can you direct me to the Animal pens, Lacy?" Out of all the areas around town, the animal pens sounded the least dangerous. That and the potential to see young animals made her feel a little better after embarrassing herself in front of the older gentleman.

lacylane.png

"Of course, dear," Lacy responds, genuinely enthused to help. "See this main road here? This road takes you to the forest if you go far enough. If you follow the road, there's a fenced in pasture where most of the animals graze. It's just before you take a fork to go to the forest."

"Are you Mary Lancaster? The Mayor's wife is moving the location of her shop and she has sent me to put up posters around the town detailing the new location. Since your bakery is so renowned and frequented by the townsfolk, she was wondering if you would be so kind as to allow her to put a poster outside your bakery?" Remembering his failure with the old man, Avalanche tries to be as polite and flattering as possible, while inwardly rather disgruntled by her treatment of him.

marylancaster.png

The baker lets out an angry grunt. "Oh, Lacy Lane Morris," she says in a mocking tone. "Lacy, Lacy, Lacy. Always getting help from other people, always snatching up the good men. She wants my help now? Puh-lease."