Sign in to follow this  
AstroNutz

Moomin Minifigures

My kid has gotten into both LEGO and the Moomins, characters created by Tove Jansson. (This Moomin series is over 70 years old.) After finding Moomin pencil caps when visiting Moomin World I came up with a crazy idea. I created my own Moomin minifigures.

Snufkin and Little My were created using standard minifigure parts. Moomintroll and Snork Maiden heads are cut from a pencil topper. The toppers were easily found in several tourist stores in Finland.

21713829546_dd99d24fec_n.jpg

Left to Right - Moomintroll, Snufkin, Snork Maiden, and Little My

21728329812_5154c99fee_n.jpg

Snufkin

21713829486_e9a857bb61_n.jpg

Little My

21553064139_97d497ac14_n.jpg

Moomintroll

21749263581_9f39c8df63_n.jpg

Closeup of the head. I cut off the head from the small body that came with the pencil topper. The hole for the pencil was the right size but needed to be drilled deeper. I used a Dremel tool for all of the cutting. I only bought two pencils so I was a little nervous about trying to clean up the edges.

All in all. I'm happy with the results. I'm thinking of trying this again if I find other interesting pencil tops.

These minifigure were developed for my family's enjoyment. The rights to these characters is owned by Moomin Characters Ltd. Maybe someday LEGO will look to license them.

That's great! I was a big fan of the Moomin cartoon as a kid over here in the UK (I think it was the Anime one?) These figures bring back a lot of memories!

The pencil toppers work great, to be frank they look just like you'd expect to see from a licensed Moomin range :)

Nice work on Snufkin and Little My too, nice use of the Green Ninja Torso for Snufkin! :laugh: