Sign in to follow this  
BrickSev

Jar Jar wages war on Ewoks (Parody Brick Comic)

Hello fellow AFOLs and Star Wars fans,

I really like Brick Comics and in the past I made several one panel Jar Jar parody ones. You may have run into them here on EB :classic:

This time I made an actual Jar Jar inspired parody comic story (19 pages and 76 panels).

It's the first chapter in a series and I'm already planning the next chapters and even spin offs.

Allow me to present you:

"War of the Space Teddies. Chapter 1: First Contact"

It may looks simple but it took me a lot of effort to make this comic. I even spent time in editing the photos of each panel to create better/more realist light conditions etc, so if you like the story or if you have any feedback feel free to post your comment.

It means a lot to me to hear your opinions :classic:

I hope you'll enjoy this story.

May the Brick be with You :classic:

Edited by BrickSev

Fantastic work! Jar Jar may be despised by most but he has given the internet so many lols. I can appreciate the work you have put into this. Do you have any plans for publishing future comics in print media? I would contact several of the Lego enthusiast print mags. I can see (smaller versions of) your comics would be a perfect regular feature in something like Brick Culture.

Fantastic work! Jar Jar may be despised by most but he has given the internet so many lols. I can appreciate the work you have put into this. Do you have any plans for publishing future comics in print media? I would contact several of the Lego enthusiast print mags. I can see (smaller versions of) your comics would be a perfect regular feature in something like Brick Culture.

Thank you so much for your words :classic:

You really made my day. Thanks again :classic:

Jar Jar gave, and still gives, many Lols indeed. I think we should be thankful for that. Without Jar Jar we would have missed a lot of fun lol :classic:

Thank you very much for your offer. I don't know if we can legally print comics. As far as I know there wouldn't be any copyright infringement since it falls under the "parody category". Beside I didn't use any Logo and since I bought the Minifigures and set I should be able to use them but it always better be careful about such thing.

If you have any info on the matter, please let me know, since I'm very interested about it.

I don't know if there is a place on the internet where Brick Comics enthusiasts shares their works.

I really put a lot of efforts in making this works but often I can't make it reach a wider audience. The internet is a vast place and sometimes things get lost :classic:

If you have suggestions of info they would be greatly appreciated. I started my "Brick comics career" just few months ago so any help and advice means a lot to me.

Thank you again for your kind words, they really made me happy :classic:

Fantastic work, BrickSev :classic:

I really enjoyed reading your Jar Jar comic. It was nice seeing that you combined Star Wars, Marvel and DC universe in one comic. The storyline was great and I loved it. Especially the dialogues from Jar Jar where hilarious and reminded me of Jar Jar in the movies. You did a fantastic job in editing the speech bubbles, creating the story and photographing the pictures.

I'm looking forward reading the resumption :classic:

Edited by Balbo

LOL. Good work. I was wondering what happened to you and your Jar Jar. I think you could deep link a picture or two in your post to entice people to click your link. To see more, click here sort of thing. :wink:

Thank you so much for your words :classic:

You really made my day. Thanks again :classic:

Jar Jar gave, and still gives, many Lols indeed. I think we should be thankful for that. Without Jar Jar we would have missed a lot of fun lol :classic:

Thank you very much for your offer. I don't know if we can legally print comics. As far as I know there wouldn't be any copyright infringement since it falls under the "parody category". Beside I didn't use any Logo and since I bought the Minifigures and set I should be able to use them but it always better be careful about such thing.

If you have any info on the matter, please let me know, since I'm very interested about it.

I don't know if there is a place on the internet where Brick Comics enthusiasts shares their works.

I really put a lot of efforts in making this works but often I can't make it reach a wider audience. The internet is a vast place and sometimes things get lost :classic:

If you have suggestions of info they would be greatly appreciated. I started my "Brick comics career" just few months ago so any help and advice means a lot to me.

Thank you again for your kind words, they really made me happy :classic:

HI BrickSev,

No problem, I'm glad I could make you happy : ) I don't have any further info for you unfortunately but I think your work could be a good fit for either Bricks or Brick Culture, two very high quality sister publications (print and online) from the UK that started this year I think. If I were you I would contact the publishers to see if they are interested in your work. I don't know if we are allowed to link but if you search <BricksCulture> on Facebook you will find their page. Cheers.

Thank you to everyone for your nice comments :classic: After all the efforts I put in making this comic is truly a pleasure to read these words :classic:

Fantastic work, BrickSev :classic:

I really enjoyed reading your Jar Jar comic. It was nice seeing that you combined Star Wars, Marvel and DC universe in one comic. The storyline was great and I loved it. Especially the dialogues from Jar Jar where hilarious and reminded me of Jar Jar in the movies. You did a fantastic job in editing the speech bubbles, creating the story and photographing the pictures.

I'm looking forward reading the resumption :classic:

Thank you very much for you words. They truly mean a lot to me :classic:

I tried to recreate the Jar Jar style from the movies while adding something original. I'm glad you liked it.

There will surely be more stories. Jar Jar has an entire Multiverse to interact with and there are other characters that deserve a spin off :classic:

I want to show what happen to Red Headpiece too, for example.

LOL. Good work. I was wondering what happened to you and your Jar Jar. I think you could deep link a picture or two in your post to entice people to click your link. To see more, click here sort of thing. :wink:

Thank you very much :classic:

I was working on the comic so I had less time to make the one panel Jar Jar comics :wink:

Deep linking a picture is indeed a good idea. The only problem is when I resize those pics to the "forum size" they lose a lot of their quality.

I was thinking to upload a couple of preview pics to my Flickr account.

Since you are a Flicker user too you can help me about this doubt: Do you know if Flickr allows us to post links to external sites in the images' descriptions? I mean putting that sort of "to see more click here" :classic:

HI BrickSev,

No problem, I'm glad I could make you happy : ) I don't have any further info for you unfortunately but I think your work could be a good fit for either Bricks or Brick Culture, two very high quality sister publications (print and online) from the UK that started this year I think. If I were you I would contact the publishers to see if they are interested in your work. I don't know if we are allowed to link but if you search <BricksCulture> on Facebook you will find their page. Cheers.

Thank you for the info. I'll give it a look then. I never thought about that possibility but it looks very interesting. Beside, giving a try won't hurt :classic:

The main problem I run in is often my works get lost in the vastness of the web. I know it's not easy to reach a wide audience when you start, so I'm always very happy when I get some feedback :classic: