Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #138: Fade To Black

7YdqKPh.png

"...Then it is reasonable to assume that the fog makes you hallucinate.

I will confess that I've been having them as well, only starting after I visted Heroica Hall, but I didn't want to mention it, as it could be misleading. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm... wired differently, from the rest of you, so I was under the assumption the fog's effects on me would be... Unique. It would seem that is not the case"

"Yeah, and not the kind of stuff you hallucinate when you huff Pixie Dust. Trust me, I know enough about that stuff to tell you all to avoid it and the fog like the plague." Karie stands up from the stool and stretches, looking strained.

"I need sleep. Anyone else coming to the inn with me?"

OoC: Should Lind rest and heal up, loosing Encouraged but achieving full health, or should he not rest, and stay Encouraged?

You won't lose the Encouraged effect. You lose it at the end of a combat, or if you get KO'd.

"Yeah, and not the kind of stuff you hallucinate when you huff Pixie Dust. Trust me, I know enough about that stuff to tell you all to avoid it and the fog like the plague." Karie stands up from the stool and stretches, looking strained.

7YdqKPh.png

"I'm more of a Seventh Heaven type of guy."

You won't lose the Encouraged effect. You lose it at the end of a combat, or if you get KO'd.

Umm...
Invader's Armour (SP: 3, wearer is encouraged when their current health is at half or below the wearer's maximum level)
I'm at 1/2 health. If I rest, I'll recoup my health, thus I won't be encouraged...

"And we'll figure out what to do next in the morning. I for one need to sleep."

QM Note: The update will come later on tonight - I've had a busy past two days, so updates have been sparse. Sorry!

QM Note: 12 hours late, but onwards nevertheless!

Cautiously leaving the Half Moon and forging their way through the fog, the party follows Troy's instructions, navigating the practically desolate streets of Cenauri to reach an inn, hoping to relax and catch some rest before seeking out Sputnik near the Cathedral.

The party steps inside the inn, and find themselves in the midst of a rather hostile situaion.

LyhVML0.png

"Trying to rob these people in their time of need - despicable! Out, you bastards, out!"

3a4Clef.png

"Fat chance, old man-"

The masked man turns around, glaring at the heroes. It seems his cohorts had not yet noticed the heroes yet...

wwJfaTv.png

LyhVML0.png

"You're not with these crooks, are you?"

3a4Clef.png

"Piss off. Mess with the Zodiac, and we'll slit your throats and rob you blind, just like the rest."

Edited by Endgame

The masked man turns around, glaring at the heroes. It seems his cohorts had not yet noticed the heroes yet...

wwJfaTv.png

3a4Clef.png

"Piss off. Mess with the Zodiac, and we'll slit your throats and rob you blind, just like the rest."

Lind yawned. "I call dibs on the crossbow."

Flynn targets Red Hood Guy from the back row with his Darker Ethereal Deck.

Lind yawned. "I call dibs on the crossbow."

Flynn targets Red Hood Guy from the back row with his Darker Ethereal Deck.

Karie steps back.

"By all means, these men are yours."

3a4Clef.png

"And the Zodiac would be whom? A bit extreme of a reaction, no?"

"Let's just deal with these clowns so I can go to bed." Jinnipher looked bored, surveying the room casually. Still, a hand rested lightly on the pommel of her sword, ready to draw it swiftly.

"Thanks for the backup..." :hmpf:

"Hey, if you want to go headlong into fights without hearing what the other side has to say, be my guest. Just remember I'll be the one healing you when you get creamed." Karie muses, crossing her arms.

"Hey, if you want to go headlong into fights without hearing what the other side has to say, be my guest. Just remember I'll be the one healing you when you get creamed." Karie muses, crossing her arms.

"..." :hmpf:

The Munchkin gestured around the room. "Let me attempt to summarize the scene.

In front of us, we have a bunch of angry humanoids that are not only violently threatening a frightened innkeeper, but are offering to rob us and slit our throats if we don't leave.

I'm not sure how they could be more obviously evil without their visibly doing unspeakable acts to cute kittens and wearing big signs around their necks that read "Honk if you love Evil!"."

"From their saying "Mess with the Zodiac, and we'll cut your throats," I'm assuming that it's the name they picked when one of them said "Hey, dudes! Sitting here drinking beer is boring! Let's go rob someone!

Yeah, but Joe! We totally need a cool street name, so everyone will know we're tough!

Ooh, ooh, I know! We'll be the Megablokskickers!

Awesome, bro!

Yeah, but, that's like, fifteen syllables.

So?

That many syllables are, like, totally feygeles, man.

Hey, dudes! Guess what my horoscope is!

Dude. Horoscopes are, like, totally feygeles.

What's the swirly animal thing on the back?

It's called a Zodiac, or something.

Dudes! We should be the Zodiac!

Awesome, bro!

Awesome!"

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Karie rolls her eyes towards Lind as she steps forward, looking determined and serious, clearly wanting to one up Lind.

"I'm going to give you all one chance to get the hell out before my cohorts and I throw you out. Forcefully. I'm going to give you all to the count of ten. One, two..." Karie continues to count down.

The red hooded man recieves a throwing card to the head, dealing some damage. he collapses to the ground, the watery man rushing to hi side to help him.

3a4Clef.png

"I can tell problems when I see 'em. Unless you want to join in on this heist, get out."

"Let's just deal with these clowns so I can go to bed." Jinnipher looked bored, surveying the room casually. Still, a hand rested lightly on the pommel of her sword, ready to draw it swiftly.

3a4Clef.png

"A Moon Elf, eh? Must not be around these parts if you've never heard of us..."

LyhVML0.png

"2 years now, they've run amuck in Mermont!" says the innkeeper bitterly, ducking under his desk for cover.

"..." :hmpf:

The Munchkin gestured around the room. "Let me attempt to summarize the scene.

In front of us, we have a bunch of angry humanoids that are not only violently threatening a frightened innkeeper, but are offering to rob us and slit our throats if we don't leave.

I'm not sure how they could be more obviously evil without their visibly doing unspeakable acts to cute kittens and wearing big signs around their necks that read "Honk if you love Evil!"."

3a4Clef.png

"Nah, not evil - oppurtunists, maybe. Let me put it this way. A big dragon comes roaring through town, burns down a bunch of homes. So these homeless people, they rush off to shelter- this case, an inn. And what do the newly evicted bring with him? Their valuables, the things that matter most, that are worth most. Jewelry, gems. Precious metal worth a lot. Rob 'em, and make a pretty penny."

The masked man walks by Lind and sharply jabs him in the ribs with the hilt of his sword after his tirade, sending him tumbling into a stool, the breath knocked out of him.

"I'm going to give you all one chance to get the hell out before my cohorts and I throw you out. Forcefully. I'm going to give you all to the count of ten. One, two..." Karie continues to count down.

3a4Clef.png

"You think you worry me, girl?" says the masked man, brandishing his blade.

3a4Clef.png

"Nah, not evil - oppurtunists, maybe. Let me put it this way. A big dragon comes roaring through town, burns down a bunch of homes. So these homeless people, they rush off to shelter- this case, an inn. And what do the newly evicted bring with him? Their valuables, the things that matter most, that are worth most. Jewelry, gems. Precious metal worth a lot. Rob 'em, and make a pretty penny."

"Dudes! I've got, a like, totally awesome new name for you - the Cliched Clique!
The masked man walks by Lind and sharply jabs him in the ribs with the hilt of his sword after his tirade, sending him tumbling into a stool, the breath knocked out of him.

"...Dibs...on the...crossbow..."

OoC: Am I KO'd?

Karie looked down at Lind and briefly stops counting.

"Told ya so." She turns back to the masked individual, drawing Sexy.

"Five, six, did I mention I've slain demons? Seven..." Karie stumbles on seven. It seems something has caught her attention. She shakes her head and clutches her head with her left palm.

"Not now, you little prick." She mumbles to herself.

Edited by Kintobor

QM Note: No, unless you want to start the battle stunned for RP reasons, you're unaffected. You pulled of a Critical Hit on the Archer (and I'm only allowing that because the Archer's back was turned, by the way :tongue:) so he'll be missing some health.

"Five, six, did I mention I've slain demons? Seven..." Karie stumbles on seven. It seems something has caught her attention.

3a4Clef.png

"Slain demons but can't count to ten without seizing up and panicking, eh?"

"Well I've heard enough." Skrall unholsters his crossbow and levels it at the man, prepared for battle. "I'd suggest ya leave, but I've got a feelin' that ain't goin' to happen."

The ogre glanced down at Lind, "Ya'd best be gettin' up now, less jabberin' next time."

Karie seems to come out of some trance as she opens her eyes. She can feel her heart trying to rip itself out of her chest. She glances around, not sure what to do or say.

"Um... okay. We'll skip the rest of it and go to ten." Karie readied herself for combat. "Sir behind the counter, get down, please!"

Warlen draws his blade.

"I used to know a blonde woman. Very good looking, and always wore leathers. Very good at fighting. Whenever she'd get into a fight the was this thing she'd say. What was it..."

A grin spread across his face.

"Oh yes. Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!"

Karie looked down at Lind and briefly stops counting.

"Told ya so."

*cough* "Worth it..."

The ogre glanced down at Lind, "Ya'd best be gettin' up now, less jabberin' next time."

Lind stood up, rubbing his side. "Indeed so, sir, bad habit of mine...

Ready for action."

3a4Clef.png

"A Moon Elf, eh? Must not be around these parts if you've never heard of us..."

"Am I supposed to? Soon no one will remember you, so I'm not too worried about it." Jinnipher drew her blade, ready for a fight.