Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #138: Fade To Black

kvu8ShS.png

"I'm not too surprised that it's not your taste, Flynn - I think it's drivel, to be honest, but hey, good "training manual.""

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Karie and Jinnipher come back to their senses, dishelved... They look around, and saw that the terrain returned to normal, and the people they had encountered were gone. Unfortunately, the old man who they had sent out to save was dead, perhaps of a heart attack. Perhaps what he saw in the fog overwhelemd him...

Would Karie and Jinnipher head to Cenauri?

kvu8ShS.png

"I'm not too surprised that it's not your taste, Flynn - I think it's drivel, to be honest, but hey, good "training manual.""

"For some people, I suppose. I expect I'll be getting most of my 'training' "on the job"."

Karie and Jinnipher come back to their senses, dishelved... They look around, and saw that the terrain returned to normal, and the people they had encountered were gone. Unfortunately, the old man who they had sent out to save was dead, perhaps of a heart attack. Perhaps what he saw in the fog overwhelemd him...

Would Karie and Jinnipher head to Cenauri?

Karie comes to her senses, looking her dagger over. She looks around in a panic, only to realize the old man lying dead. She can't help but shake the feeling she's being watched from the shadows.

"Jinnipher, come on, let's get out of here. We need to make it to Cenauri. There's nothing more we can do here." Karie states, sounding concerned and a little frightened.

Warlen grimaces at the mention of the novel. He remembers the time he'd thought it was an adventure novel of some kind, picked it up to flick through, and just as he realised the content of the book, a little old lady walked up behind him.

"No thanks. Although I do know a guy who might want it...

Actually, I don't suppose you've got any other knick-knacks for sale?"

Jinnipher walks over to Karie. Her face was covered in dirt and ash and her eyes seemed watery. There were cleaner spots on her cheeks, as if she had been wiping away tears.

She cast a somber look on the corpse before turning away.

"Jinnipher, come on, let's get out of here. We need to make it to Cenauri. There's nothing more we can do here." Karie states, sounding concerned and a little frightened.

"Yeah, let's go..."

"Yeah, let's go..."

Karie wanted to ask Jinnipher if she wished to speak to her about something, but decided to let it slide for the time being. She looked towards the north, somewhat unsure of what lay ahead.

"Lead the way, Jinnipher." Karie replies, motioning her to go ahead of her and sounding troubled. Karie looked like she'd seen a ghost, constantly looking to the ground.

Edited by Kintobor

Actually, I don't suppose you've got any other knick-knacks for sale?"

kvu8ShS.png

"Besides the book and the drinks, 'fraid not."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karie and Jinnipher trek across Moone. They spot their companions in the windows of the half Moon Bar and walk inside, ragged - reuniting the party.

kvu8ShS.png

"These your associates, fellas?" says the man behind the bar.

At that moment, Sandman strides out from the backroom, looking as neutral, concentrated, and emotionless as ever - albeit a bit sweatier than usual.

Yyu6Ryp.png

"You're unwell." He notes, in regards to Karie and Jinnipher. There was no greeting, and no concern in his voice - more of an observation than anything.

Karie and Jinnipher trek across Moone. They spot their companions in the windows of the half Moon Bar and walk inside, ragged - reuniting the party.

"Was it a trap?"

kvu8ShS.png

"These your associates, fellas?" says the man behind the bar.

"Yep. Madam Alderflask, and Princess Jenny."

Karie simply walks in and sits at the bar, ignoring Lind and the Sandman's inquiries. She looked strained and emotionally drained.

"A drink. A stiff one." Karie told the bar keep.

Karie soon finds a glass of strong ale in front of her. Next to her glass is the Sandman's helmet, sitting vacant at the bar. The man was currently preoccupied organizing his equipment - Karie could inspect the helmet if she liked.

Edited by Endgame

Karie soon finds a glass of strong ale in front of her. Next to her glass is the Sandman's helmet, sitting vacant at the bar. The man was currently preoccupied organizing her equipment - Karie could inspect the helmet if she liked.

OOC: You mean his equipment?

Karie looked pensively at her drink before making sure the Sandman was preoccupied. She picked up the helmet and looked it over, taking particular note of the inside.

OOC: You mean his equipment?

Karie looked pensively at her drink before making sure the Sandman was preoccupied. She picked up the helmet and looked it over, taking particular note of the inside.

English is hard. :wacko:

Karie notices the initials G.C. engraved on the inside of the helmet.

Karie put the helmet down gently, taking to her drink. "Thanks." She tells the barkeep. She occasionally looks behind her, as if expecting someone.

Karie put the helmet down gently, taking to her drink. "Thanks." She tells the barkeep. She occasionally looks behind her, as if expecting someone.

kvu8ShS.png

"Not a problem."

Sandman goes back to the bar. He stares at the helmet, seemingly contemplating something, and then puts it on.

7YdqKPh.png

"Did you encounter anyone? Are you afraid they're following you back?" says Sandman, apparently noticing Karie's skittish demeanor.

Jinnipher let out a sigh of exhaustion and relief as she took a seat at the bar. She slapped 10 gold on the counter. "Mead."

Jinnipher let out a sigh of exhaustion and relief as she took a seat at the bar. She slapped 10 gold on the counter. "Mead."

Troy slides a mead over to Jinnipher.

kvu8ShS.png

"Enjoy."

Sandman goes back to the bar. He stares at the helmet, seemingly contemplating something, and then puts it on.

7YdqKPh.png

"Did you encounter anyone? Are you afraid they're following you back?" says Sandman, apparently noticing Karie's skittish demeanor.

Karie stares at the counter for a bit, trying to think about an answer.

"The old man we found trapped under the rubble died." Karie responds, not making eye contact. "I believe you guys should know that in the fog I... encountered someone. Someone who shouldn't of been there, because he's dead."

"The old man we found trapped under the rubble died." Karie responds, not making eye contact. "I believe you guys should know that in the fog I... encountered someone. Someone who shouldn't of been there, because he's dead."

7YdqKPh.png

"...Then it is reasonable to assume that the fog makes you hallucinate.

I will confess that I've been having them as well, only starting after I visted Heroica Hall, but I didn't want to mention it, as it could be misleading. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm... wired differently, from the rest of you, so I was under the assumption the fog's effects on me would be... Unique. It would seem that is not the case"

"Care to elaborate? If we're dealin' with hallucinations, we should setup some sort of system, code, pattern or somethin' so we can keep track of what's real and what isn't."

7YdqKPh.png

"...Then it is reasonable to assume that the fog makes you hallucinate.

I will confess that I've been having them as well, only starting after I visted Heroica Hall, but I didn't want to mention it, as it could be misleading. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm... wired differently, from the rest of you, so I was under the assumption the fog's effects on me would be... Unique. It would seem that is not the case"

"And what sort of 'wirin'' would that exactly be?"

"Care to elaborate? If we're dealin' with hallucinations, we should setup some sort of system, code, pattern or somethin' so we can keep track of what's real and what isn't."

Karie looks around, knowing he's probably listening in some corner or shadow.

"I... don't really want to." Karie finishes her drink, but it was clear she was still spooked by something.

"I deal you a red card, it's real, I deal you a blue card, it isn't..."

Karie looks around, knowing he's probably listening in some corner or shadow.

"I... don't really want to." Karie finishes her drink, but it was clear she was still spooked by something.

Jinnipher nodded at Karie, and continued to focus on the bottom of her mug whose contents were drained rather quickly. It seemed the two finally had some common ground, discovered during their silent walk over to the tavern.

"We need to find this Sputnik guy. It seems the fog is the key to the dragon's power," she stated to the party shortly. Then turning to Troy, "Where can we sleep in town?"

OOC: My activity will be limited until Friday. Should still be able to post at least once per day, but if I'm holding things up WBD can control Jinnipher's actions.

"And what sort of 'wirin'' would that exactly be?"

7YdqKPh.png

"Your brain has chemicals that slosh around in it to make it tick, or so the theory is. Apparently I'm missing a couple." Sandman shrugs.

"Where can we sleep in town?"

kvu8ShS.png

"There's an inn nearby - go down the street from here and turn right, you wo't be able to miss it."

Edited by Endgame