Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #138: Fade To Black

3Nvylnk.png

"I have instructed Captain Armstrong to ferry you to Moone. His boat is The Excelsus. Do try to not tear each other to shreds... And please, I beg of you. Kill Vorpalis, and save Moone."

"I can all but guarantee the the second, Sir King, with such a crowd of...heroes, as has been gathered. The first...

Well, hope does spring eternal, as they say."

The heroes climb up the ladder that the captain's first mate throws down, finding themselves on the deck.

iMMcn9g.png

Er9SFkx.png

"Hah! More of you hero types. You folks are an interesting sort - despite what those sea monsters did to the sail last time, we've repaired her up all nice. Just to haul heroes across the sea and attract more trouble!" The man guffaws. "Nah, jus' joking. Name's Bruce. Can I interest you in a game of high tide, low tide?"

"Not too tough, right? One round has me drawing two cards, you drawing one, and then flipping the coin. Depending on how many rounds you think you can win consecutively, the bigger of a turnout you'll get for beatin' me..."

"It certainly seems like a fascinating game, but, unfortunately - probably for the better, knowing my luck - I am somewhat light of pocket. But many thanks for the offer."

The Munchkin stretched, and looked around about the crowd of heroes. "So - shall we organize our gear, so that we are all armed as best as we may be, or shall we just remain with whatever we're carrying, ne'er mind the party's strength as a unit?"

And Kinto - could Karie lend me the Oculoid Palm? I could just keep throwing my decks and retrieving them, but with my 1/6 chance of Assassination, it's in the party's best interest if I don't have to keep wasting every third turn.

No. It's physically implanted onto her arm as a tattoo. If there's any other items you want, besides Sexy, the Blazing Palm, or the Oculoid Palm, I'm cool with that.

"The name's Jinnipher." she announced to the party. "And before long you won't forget it. I guess I'll need to know your names so I can tell the coroner."

"In any case, I'm ready to go. My King, I'll have that dragon's head for you on a silver platter."

Jinnipher's face started to turn red with anger. "Get this through your thick skull right now. I am not a part of a team, this is not my first quest, and I am not WEAK." She started to ventilate heavily, but remembered she was still in the prescence of the King so she tried to calm down. "You'd better be careful of what you say, kid. I have a lot of years and experience on you, and you're just an adolescent human. And do NOT call me that unless you want to wake up with no tongue."

"Oh, I can already tell this is going to be highly entertaining. She has to be compensating for something." Karie sneered to Warlen, ensuring he was the only one who could hear him, lightly poking him with her elbow and winking cheekily.

ixvKNNds.png

"Getting pretty sick of hauling you Heroicans across the sea, but nothing personal... I'm Armstrong. I recognize some of you from the Citadel incident, so hopefully you know what to expect from this old girl. Come on, heroes, climb aboard."

The heroes climb up the ladder that the captain's first mate throws down, finding themselves on the deck.

"Ah, Captain Armstrong. Someone who I can actually trust." Karie states. "What have you been up to as of late? Anything of interest?" She asks.

Er9SFkx.png

"Hah! More of you hero types. You folks are an interesting sort - despite what those sea monsters did to the sail last time, we've repaired her up all nice. Just to haul heroes across the sea and attract more trouble!" The man guffaws. "Nah, jus' joking. Name's Bruce. Can I interest you in a game of high tide, low tide?"

Karie takes a seat, flexing her knuckles.

"Surprisingly, I feel lucky today, Bruce. I do hope you at least remember me?" Karie asks sociably. "Why don't we play a short game to begin with, and we'll see where it goes from there?" She gingerly counts 10 gold on the table.

Edited by Kintobor

No. It's physically implanted onto her arm as a tattoo. If there's any other items you want, besides Sexy, the Blazing Palm, or the Oculoid Palm, I'm cool with that.

K. Could Karie loan Lind the Medal of Valor for a couple of battles? Also, would it be helpful for Karie to be wearing Lind's Anniversary Medal, (+3 to all stats(+4 in just a month), Immunity to Fire, accessory)? You'd have to give up Sealed, but the extra +3/+4 stats might be useful in battle...

Jinnipher gives a nod to her King, then a small bow. "<I will not disappoint.>" She gave a traditional elvish parting phrase before boarding the ship.

With not a single coin on her person nor the care to play games with such a serious matter at hand, Jinnipher opts to talk with Armstrong. "So captain, I'm sure you're aware of what's happening in Moone, right? Anything on this ship that can fight off a dragon?"

Continuing to ignore Lind's gibberish, Jinnipher replied to Skrall.

"Oh I'll complete the mission alright, don't you worry about that. Skrall, right? I don't see any other ogres around."

"Aye, that's me. Ya sound like ya've done a bit of heroing before, though I can't recall ever seein' ya around the hall."

"I can all but guarantee the the second, Sir King, with such a crowd of...heroes, as has been gathered. The first...

Well, hope does spring eternal, as they say."

"It certainly seems like a fascinating game, but, unfortunately - probably for the better, knowing my luck - I am somewhat light of pocket. But many thanks for the offer."

The Munchkin stretched, and looked around about the crowd of heroes. "So - shall we organize our gear, so that we are all armed as best as we may be, or shall we just remain with whatever we're carrying, ne'er mind the party's strength as a unit?"

"I've been thinking about that a bit, might be best if each of ya was carrying one of these." The ogre handed a Phoenix Incense to each of the fellow party members. "Just in case we get into a tight pinch. Aside from that my dear... Whisperer is it? Lookin' at our capabilities, not sure such distribution is really goin' to be makin' that much of a difference."

"Aye, that's me. Ya sound like ya've done a bit of heroing before, though I can't recall ever seein' ya around the hall."

She looked away from the captain and Skrall for a moment to look at the deck. "I have. There were many before your time in Heroica I imagine, unless a few remained after... well, you know." She went on as if she assumed Skrall knew what she was talking about. "Anyway, I'm in it for the coin. Heroica doesn't pay as well as others since we're supposed to be helping people for free, but so much for that." She giggled to herself a little, but quickly remembered her purpose in Moone, and added solemnly: "Not that it's all about the gold..."

"I've been thinking about that a bit, might be best if each of ya was carrying one of these." The ogre handed a Phoenix Incense to each of the fellow party members. "Just in case we get into a tight pinch. Aside from that my dear... Whisperer is it? Lookin' at our capabilities, not sure such distribution is really goin' to be makin' that much of a difference."

The Munchkin dipped his head in thanks for the loan of the Incense. "Yes, it is, although from what I've gathered, I apparently decided, while bottom-of-the-barrel drunk, that I'd be going incognito and signing as an Elf street magician named Flynn Flisperer. So I'm going by that name for the moment...

You're probably right on the gear. I was thinking - if the Mystic Knight isn't going to be majicking up my shield, the Moon Elf should probably use it - it's better than her current gear and it absorbs electricity. Otherwise, not much else - although I thought perhaps our Witch could use the extra ether from my Anniversary Medal? And, if she feels like making the loan, I believe I could make good use of her Medal of Valor."

The ogre handed a Phoenix Incense to each of the fellow party members.

Karie tosses hers back, still focused on the game.

"I don't need it, Skrall, but the thought's appreciated. I've got two on me."

"Otherwise, not much else - although I thought perhaps our Witch could use the extra ether from my Anniversary Medal? And, if she feels like making the loan, I believe I could make good use of her Medal of Valor."

"I don't need your Anniversary Medal, but if you want the Medal of Valor, I'm going to have to ask you take care of it. You lose that medal, Lind, and I promise you that whatever you hallucinate in Vopralis's fog will be nothing compared to what I will do to you." Karie replies, turning to Lind. She doesn't smile or look at all sarcastic about what she's saying. She reaches into her bag and hands the medal to Lind.

"I don't need your Anniversary Medal, but if you want the Medal of Valor, I'm going to have to ask you take care of it. You lose that medal, Lind, and I promise you that whatever you hallucinate in Vopralis's fog will be nothing compared to what I will do to you." Karie replies, turning to Lind. She doesn't smile or look at all sarcastic about what she's saying. She reaches into her bag and hands the medal to Lind.

The Munchkin equipped the Medal. "If I'm still standing, it won't be lost," he said simply, looking Karie straight in the eyes as he said it.

"I guess, if our Witch and our Hunter don't need the Medal, the Mystic Knight doesn't want the medal for some reason, and I'd prefer to wear the Medal of Valor for the moment, then Princess Jenny should probably be the one to wear it, at least for a bit."

Lind slipped up to the Moon Elf, and shoved the shield and Medal into her hands before she could refuse them. "Before you start on about not needing anything, think a minute. Do you want to be ignominiously lying in the dust, because your gear was less impressive than what you could have been wearing? Because that doesn't seem to reflect on your "proud elvish heritage" as well as you might think.

You want to think you're from a superior race? Fine. Do it while wearing gear that'll keep you standing."

"Uh...did we interact last night, or something?

Also, nice ring."

"You might say that..."

The Munchkin shrugged. "I'm sorry to have to be the one to break this to you...but for better or worse, you are part of a team. Or whatever it is we are...

Solo acts don't work. Trust me, I know from experience.

Everyone wants to think that the story is all about them. It isn't. It's about all of us. You may have your own motivations, your own wishes, your own plans - but you're still a part of a team-group...thing."

"So they all tell me."

"Battle actions speak louder than words."

"Whatever you wish, Princess Jenny."

"Be wise of you to take your own advice, Lint.

Jinnipher raised her hand to slap Lind across the face, but decided it would only encourage him. She turned to Warlen as calmly as she could.

"Half-elf, huh? What made your elf-kin decide to lay with a human?"

Warlen wasn't surprised at Jinnipher's anger at the Munchkin. He was at her not going through with it.

"Mum and Dad, huh?", asked Warlen with a wistful look. "Don't suppose I'll ever know. Mum, the human, was slain by an enemy of my dad's, him being one of my people's generals. Great guy, Dad. Pity the birdhouse got him."

"Oh, I can already tell this is going to be highly entertaining. She has to be compensating for something." Karie sneered to Warlen, ensuring he was the only one who could hear him, lightly poking him with her elbow and winking cheekily.

"I was just thinking the same of him, if you know what I mean...

"I don't believe we've met. I'm Warlen. I'll say this of our capabilities so far; I think only you and Karie are sane here. The king too, of course, but the rest are quite mad."

"I lay the same threat down, except I'll do it if you're racist again."

The Munchkin equipped the Medal. "If I'm still standing, it won't be lost," he said simply, looking Karie straight in the eyes as he said it.

"Good luck being still standing."

"I guess, if our Witch and our Hunter don't need the Medal, the Mystic Knight doesn't want the medal for some reason, and I'd prefer to wear the Medal of Valor for the moment, then Princess Jenny should probably be the one to wear it, at least for a bit."

Lind slipped up to the Moon Elf, and shoved the shield and Medal into her hands before she could refuse them. "Before you start on about not needing anything, think a minute. Do you want to be ignominiously lying in the dust, because your gear was less impressive than what you could have been wearing? Because that doesn't seem to reflect on your "proud elvish heritage" as well as you might think.

You want to think you're from a superior race? Fine. Do it while wearing gear that'll keep you standing."

"Superior to you, at least."

Karie tosses hers back, still focused on the game.

"I don't need it, Skrall, but the thought's appreciated. I've got two on me."

"Sure thing. I'd take care Lind, she means it."

"I don't believe we've met. I'm Warlen. I'll say this of our capabilities so far; I think only you and Karie are sane here. The king too, of course, but the rest are quite mad."

Skrall smiled, "You're includin' yerself with that lot?" The ogre tipped his hat. "Skrall, good to meet ya Warlen."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

ixvKNNds.png

"After all the top of the Citadel went boom and that huge, black creature slithered out, all of his ground forces got much stronger - the Ameobosses especially. One of them wreaked havoc on the poor ship... I've been fixing it since. it barely handled the voyage back to Eubric, but she's fine now."

Er9SFkx.png

"Course I remember ya - I remember everyone who boards this ship. My job, yeah? Now, speaking of my job, here comes my favorite part... the gambling bit!"

Karie VS Bruce: Short Game

Bruce's Cards: 8, 13

Karie's Card: 13

Karie's card is equal to/between Bruce's... Karie loses.

Er9SFkx.png

"Tough."

With not a single coin on her person nor the care to play games with such a serious matter at hand, Jinnipher opts to talk with Armstrong. "So captain, I'm sure you're aware of what's happening in Moone, right? Anything on this ship that can fight off a dragon?"

ixvKNNds.png

"Big black dragon, apparently - him and his mysterious fog. No, we lost a lot of our artillery on an expedition to the North. The Excelsus isn't in tip-top condition for a fight, especilly versus an Elder Dragon."

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The party redistirbutes their loot - by the time the game finished and the aritfacts were distributed, an hour had already passed.

Er9SFkx.png

"The Excelsus doesn't pack a punch anymore, but with that sail the Sand Queen gave us, she can clip through the sea no problem. Won't be long til' we reach Moone. Helps that the wind today is perfect, too."

Sandman, who had been minding his own business, speaks for the first time.

7YdqKPh.png

"Something's bubbling in the water. May be a geyser, they're common in this stretch of sea. May be a sea creature who is getting ready to board."

Sandman switches his guitar for his handcannon, pointing it at the water.

7YdqKPh.png

"I'll tell you if I spot anything else."

ixvKNNds.png

"Better not be anything big." grumbles the captain.

The Party:

skrall.jpg

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 42.4 *Natural Respite* *Favors Vermin and Beast enemies* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, Confused, Weakened* *Special Guard*

Power Bonus: +2 WP for bows and crossbows, +2 power

Defense: 8

Health: 56/56

Gold: 3242

GP: 3

Equipment: Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12, double WP against beasts, fire, ice, wind, and darkness-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear),Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"; accessory), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Immunity to Weakened)

Inventory: Oversized Greatsword (WP:16, double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, greatsword), Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP,light,lightning,water, wood, and earth-elemental; bow), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from battles, accessory), 2x Potion, Phoenix Essence, 3x Phoenix Incense, Fenghuang Incense (After being consumed, automatically revives all party members with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out.), 10 Meads, 5 Nostrums, 3 Remedy, 5 Smelling Salts, 7 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 9 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Rudra Bomb (Deals 100 lightning-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), Spyglass (Reveals if there are spies and eavesdroppers in the vicinity when used; tool), 6 Bone, Blind Fury, Wolfgang Insignia, Black Goo, Grating Stone, 1 Grand Potion, Level-Up Mushroom, 2 Neutralizers, Paper Doll (User is immune to Hexed, accessory)

3115F468-B66C-4A75-AFDE-6F4965288ECA_zps6r5hllhh.jpg

Warlen Melimane, Eulalia's Knight (The Chosen Minifigure) *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Ether Reduction* Physical attacks pierce SP!

23 year old male half-elf Mystic Knight

Level 16.33

Power: 27 (16+8+3).

Health: 37/30(5+16+1+3+5+7*)

SP: 10 (3+3+4)

Ether: 35/35 (5+15+4+3+5+1)

Gold: 46

Equipment: Sean Cole's Sword-Cannon (Can be used as a longsword or handcannon, WP: 8 - defies SP in sword mode, deals Bleeding 1 in cannon mode), Eagle Shield (SP: 4, prevents ether reduction), Fenarian Robes of the Vampire (SP:3, Max. Ether +4, Immune to Darkness, backwear),

Inventory:

Weapons: Plasma Shield (SP: 3, absorbs electricty, belongs to Lind), Healing Staff (WP: 5, staff, heals instead of damaging),

Artifacts: Lethauros Ring (Health and Ether +5. Suitable for anyone, accessory), Magician's Glove* (+10 spell power) Counterstrike Gloves, Locustoid Grevaes (+4 ether, immune to Earth Class, can be used by any ether user), 7 10-gallon Hats (Grants wearer tourist effect, causing no one to take them seriously),

Spellbook: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Garnet, Opal, Topaz, Diamond, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Antimagic

Must Be RPed: Lightning Ball (25 electric damage to all enemies, bomb), Small Frost Ball (10 ice damage, bomb)

Consumables: Potion x2, Grand Potion x3, Health Core, Tonic x2, Remedy x3, Mead x2, Smelling Salts x3, Nostrum x2, Banana, Smoke Bomb, Milk x2 (+15 HP and Ether) 5x Hurricane (Grants Hilariously and Luckily Drunk - if wearer makes pun every round, the strength of their attack is doubled.) Viper Scale (worth 40 gold to a certain someone), Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense

Other Junk: Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Bones x6, 2 shiny gold rocks (worth 1 gold at most stores, 5 at magic stores).

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask-Cour, A True Hero (Kintobor)

24? Year Old Human Female Witch

Level 30.75 *Permanently Nimble* *Immune to Sealed*

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 47/47

Defense: 2

Ether: 35/35

Gold: 2003

GP: 36

Equipment: Blazing Palm (WP: 14, Fire Elemental whip, successful hits lower the target's level by 1), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE, and FREE HITS, suitable for women only, body wear), Ethereal Cloak (SP: +2, Max Ether: +4, back wear), Mage's Muffler (Provides immunity to sealed, accessory, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

*Weapons: Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lower the target's level by 1, whip) Spring Staff(WP: 12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount, water elemental staff), Grumpy's Staff (WP: 10, staff), Sexy(WP: 11, disregards SP, longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3, dagger), Rusty Dagger (WP: 2, deals the poisoned by 10, breaks after 3 uses) Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to dark-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only; shield.)

-Minstrel Weapons: Angelic Trumpet (WP: 5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant's Guitar (WP: 5, user is lucky, instrument), Fine-tuned Guitar (WP:15, user is lucky; instrument)

*Artefacts: Glittering Dress (The users job traits are replaced by those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee, and Money Maker, suitable for women only), Skull Mask (SP: 1, wearer can pose as undead, headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes user's appearance into that of an elf of the same gender, accessory), Snake Eyes Charm (Provides immunity to petrified, accessory, suitable for anyone) Paper Doll (Provides immunity to the Hexed effect, accessory),

*Minstrel Artefacts: Encore Plectrum (If the same song is sung for more than one round of combat in a row, the song's ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable for minstrels, accessory)

*Gems: Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind)

*Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Newtity

*Battle Songs: True Loves Serenade (restores 50 health to the rest of the party, costs 10 ether, Battle Song), Murder on the Dancefloor (Has 1/6 chance of instantly knocking out each opponent (unless immune to sudden death) when sung; costs 30 ether per round; Battle Song)*Consumables: Grand Potion x10, Tonic, Grand Tonic x10, Remedy x9, Phoenix Essence x5, Phoenix Incense x2, Nostrum x3, Smelling Salts Pumpkin Bomb (causes poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Fire Bomb, Neutralizer x3, Herbal Infusions x3 (Removes Negative Effects and causes Blessed and Transcended effects), Oculoid Miasma, Elixir x2, Tiger Balm, Ether Core, Health Core, Potion, 2x Mead, 16 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, Jinxy Juice, Love Potion, 2x Bone

*Tools: Magic Compass, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Decamodifier

*Sheep: Baaffy (Pet Sheep; whenever unleashed deals the fast asleep effect to one random opponent once per battle, unlimited use)

Quest/Roleplay Items: Masson's Journal Entry #11, Map of Brendenton, Spider Coin (worth 1 gp), Forest Journal, Blue Syndicate Outfit, Kayla's Mask, Ulric's Letter

18778734752_c16ece0935_t.jpglindwhispererv.jpg

Flynn Flisperer, Lind Whisperer, The Grey Foxer *Encouraged at half health* *Free hits have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent*

21-year-old elf male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Assassin

Level: 17.5

Defense: 3

Health: 29/29 (7+17+5)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon), Invader's Armour (SP: 3, wearer is encouraged when their current health is at half or below the wearer's maximum level), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent; Backwear, suitable for anyone), Medal of Valor (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience in battle. Accessory)

Inventory: Plasma Shield (SP: 3, user absorbs electric attacks), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory), Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Darker Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon)

• Bedroll, Shovel

•Mead, x3 Potions, Remedy, Bone

• Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

Loaned Out Gear: Akrone Fez (Artifact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone) ~ Loaned out to Jinnipher Buchaire

Loaned Gear: Phoenix Incense x1 ~ Loaned by Skrall

catava-knight.jpgJinnipher Buchaire (JimBee)

76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

Level 1

Power Bonus: 3

Health: 13/13

Defense: 6

Gold: 0

Equipment: Crescent Sword (WP:3; longsword), Plasma Shield (SP: 3, absorbs electricty, belongs to Lind), Anniversary Medal (SP+3, Power+3, Ether+3, Health+3, immune to Fire, accessory, belongs to Lind).

Inventory: 2x Potion, Bedroll, Phoenix Incense, Full-Moon Shield (SP: 2)

7YdqKPh.png

Sandman, Level 30 Sniper *Immune to Sleep/Deep Sleep*

HP: 45/45

SP: 4

Gold: 300

Lethality: 1/6

Equipment: Somnamblast (WP: 13, 1/6 chance of inflicting Sleep on succesful hits, handcannon), Sandblasted Helmet (SP: 2, immune to sleep/deep sleep), Sandblasted Robes (SP: 2)

Inventory: Grand Potion x3, Sleep Bomb, Old Guitar (WP: 0), Phoenix Incense

QM Note: Hopefully I got the loot distribution right? :blush: And yes, the first battle approaches...

Edited by Endgame

"What is with you and being so sure I'm going to be the one lying face down in the ground? From the sounds of it you'd better tread lightly if your don't want to be tossed overboard by more than one of us." Nonetheless, she equipped the gear. "I'll be sure to send these down with you."

Warlen wasn't surprised at Jinnipher's anger at the Munchkin. He was at her not going through with it.

"Mum and Dad, huh?", asked Warlen with a wistful look. "Don't suppose I'll ever know. Mum, the human, was slain by an enemy of my dad's, him being one of my people's generals. Great guy, Dad. Pity the birdhouse got him."

She nodded, trying to be nice to the half-elf. "What's your name, kiddo?"

ixvKNNds.png

"Big black dragon, apparently - him and his mysterious fog. No, we lost a lot of our artillery on an expedition to the North. The Excelsus isn't in tip-top condition for a fight, especilly versus an Elder Dragon."

Er9SFkx.png

"The Excelsus doesn't pack a punch anymore, but with that sail the Sand Queen gave us, she can clip through the sea no problem. Won't be long til' we reach Moone. Helps that the wind today is perfect, too."

"So if the dragon decides to fly over and burn us to a crisp before we even get there, there's nothing we can do. Great. Hope you have some other tricks up your sleeve, captain."

ixvKNNds.png

"We got a sniper on board, but yeah, we'd be in a tough spot if he decides to do a fly-by.

From what Faust told me... he doesn't breathe fire. He somehow leaves things blown to smithereens or as piles of ash, but he doesnt spew fire. It's bizzar-"

Sandman cuts off the captain.

7YdqKPh.png

"More movement in the water - four sea creatures, by the looks of things."

Sandman turns to Jinnipher.

"I specifically requested that Faust not select you, you know - although you were strong at one point, I have a suspicion that your skills have atrophied. You will have a chance to prove your mettle shortly if the targets I've spotted decide to make a move. Faust has instructed me to take hits for you people. You'd do well to remember that."

Edited by Endgame

Skrall smiled, "You're includin' yerself with that lot?" The ogre tipped his hat. "Skrall, good to meet ya Warlen."

"Well Skrall, I wouldn't know, but considering all I've seen, I'm probably mad. Or dead. Or a figment of my own imagination. So, yes, I'm more likely than not mad, considering my last sentence."

[/color][/font]

She nodded, trying to be nice to the half-elf. "What's your name, kiddo?"

Snapping out of his daze, Warlen extended his hand. "Warlen Melimane, knight of the Lady Eulalia."

ixvKNNds.png

"We got a sniper on board, but yeah, we'd be in a tough spot if he decides to do a fly-by.

From what Faust told me... he doesn't breathe fire. He somehow leaves things blown to smithereens or as piles of ash, but he doesnt spew fire. It's bizzar-"

Sandman cuts off the captain.

7YdqKPh.png

"More movement in the water - four sea creatures, by the looks of things."

Sandman turns to Jinnipher.

"I specifically requested that Faust not select you, you know - although you were strong at one point, I have a suspicion that your skills have atrophied. You will have a chance to prove your mettle shortly if the targets I've spotted decide to make a move. Faust has instructed me to take hits for you people. You'd do well to remember that."

Skrall popped open a mead and downed it while strolling over to Sandman and indicating the water. "Seen anything like 'em before?" The ogre removed one of his lightning bombs and tying it via some twine to a bone tossed the contraption a good dozen yards to the port side seeing if any of the ship's pursuers would break off.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

ixvKNNds.png

"After all the top of the Citadel went boom and that huge, black creature slithered out, all of his ground forces got much stronger - the Ameobosses especially. One of them wreaked havoc on the poor ship... I've been fixing it since. it barely handled the voyage back to Eubric, but she's fine now."

Er9SFkx.png

"Course I remember ya - I remember everyone who boards this ship. My job, yeah? Now, speaking of my job, here comes my favorite part... the gambling bit!"

Karie VS Bruce: Short Game

Karie loses.

Er9SFkx.png

"Tough."

"Well, I'm at least relieved to know that you managed to handle all that. We never did get to speak to you much on the return trip." Karie comments. She looks at the cards as she seemingly loses the game.

"Bugger... well, good game... I guess."

Karie stands up and moves to the railing, watching Skrall and the Sandman do whatever it was they were doing. "Ugh, I hate ships..."

Skrall popped open a mead and downed it while strolling over to Sandman and indicating the water. "Seen anything like 'em before?" The ogre removed one of his lightning bombs and tying it via some twine to a bone tossed the contraption a good dozen yards to the port side seeing if any of the ship's pursuers would break off.

Skrall's contraption lands with a plop... one of the shapes darts towards it, enticed by the bone, only to recieve a shcoking surprise. With a burst of electricity, green pieces of gore burst from the water...

7YdqKPh.png

"Looks like a tentacle burst out of the water..."

The three shapes burst from the water, landing on deck...

S4Ol6Om.png

Three octopi, holding rusty weapons. They advance towards the heroes...

Er9SFkx.png

"There was a shipwreck 'round here few years ago, but for fish to get clever enough to ue the weapons that sunk with it...?"

QM Note: Battle starts within a few hours!

Edited by Endgame

Snapping out of his daze, Warlen extended his hand. "Warlen Melimane, knight of the Lady Eulalia."

She clasped his hand. It was good to have someone to relate to on board, even if it was only half of an elf. "Jinnipher. Who or what is that?"

Jinnipher joined Skrall on the deck. "Ooh, scary. Guess we'll just have to chop their limbs off one by one." She drew her sword and raised her borrowed shield towards the octopi.

OoC: I'll post soon - apologies, I've been on a car trip - but I should only be wearing the Medal of Valor and the Invader's Armor. I need 1.5 more battles before I can equip a third artifact. Sorry I didn't update that in my stats - I thought I'd be back sooner.

"You might say that..."

"...Sorry...?

I blacked out hard - all I remember is what I've been piecing together from comments..."

"Ouch. That's...that's just rough, man.

Wait - birdhouse?"

"I was just thinking the same of him, if you know what I mean...
The Munchkin shrugged calmly. "You want to see proof of my 'manliness'? Just say the word, I've got nothing to hide."
"Eh, a little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
"Good luck being still standing."
The Munchkin intentionally missed the sarcasm. "Best of luck to you as well."

"Sure thing. I'd take care Lind, she means it."

"Trust me - no lack of belief on that front..."

[/color][/font]

"What is with you and being so sure I'm going to be the one lying face down in the ground? From the sounds of it you'd better tread lightly if your don't want to be tossed overboard by more than one of us." Nonetheless, she equipped the gear. "I'll be sure to send these down with you."

"Whatever, just so long as you're armored..."

"Well Skrall, I wouldn't know, but considering all I've seen, I'm probably mad. Or dead. Or a figment of my own imagination. So, yes, I'm more likely than not mad, considering my last sentence."

The Munchkin began to quietly sing a tune. "Are we figments of our gin..."

Karie stands up and moves to the railing, watching Skrall and the Sandman do whatever it was they were doing. "Ugh, I hate ships..."

"Heartily seconded - give me good solid land any day.

Are we long-lost orphaned kin..."

"What the?" Skrall unstrapped his bow. "Ya might want to get up here mates!"

"On it!" The Munchkin rushed up and took a careful battle stance in the back row.

"Or the mad descendants of a writer's pen...No one's sane behind their mask, ask what you really want to ask..."

7YdqKPh.png

"This won't take long."

The octopi, using their pilfered tools, take clumsy swipes at the party... The battle was on!

9OODu0t.png

Orange Octoraider, Level ?? Aquatic

HP: 500/500

Specials:

Clumsy Cutlasses: The Orange Octoraider clumsily swings his cutlasses, halving the hero's current HP but also inflicting Bleeding 10 to itself.

Tentacle Grab: The Octoraider grips the hero who rolled Special Damage, inflicting them with Poison 3 every turn until defeated.

Specials decided randomly.

Passive Specials:

Poison Rupture: Succesful hits rupture the poison sac inside the Octoraider, turning its poison against itself. All succesful hits inflict Poison 10 upon the Octoraider.

Octoped Opponent: The Octoraider's level is equal to the attacking hero's level plus 8.

Drops:

Brine Blade, 50 gold

4WxBYRO.png

Blue Octoraider, Level ?? Aquatic

Specials:

Hammer Slammer: The Blue Octoraider shakes the deck with his constant hammer smashes. All heroes have a 1/2 chance of being stunned.

Tentacle Grab: The Octoraider grips the hero who rolled Special Damage, inflicting them with Poison 3 every turn until defeated.

Passive Specials:

Poison Rupture: Succesful hits rupture the poison sac inside the Octoraider, turning its poison against itself. All succesful hits inflict Poison 10 upon the Octoraider.

Octoped Opponent: The Octoraider's level is equal to the attacking hero's level plus 8.

Drops:

Potion x3, 50 gold

xcMNlry.png

Silver Octoraider, Level ?? Aquatic

Specials:

Shield Bash: The Silver Octoraider topples the hero who rolled Special Damage with a shield bash. The hero takes damage equal to their level plus 8 and becomes Confused.

Passive Specials:

Drops:

Potion x3, 50 gold

The Party:

skrall.jpg

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 42.4 *Natural Respite* *Favors Vermin and Beast enemies* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, Confused, Weakened* *Special Guard* *Encouraged!*

Power Bonus: +2 WP for bows and crossbows, +2 power

Defense: 8

Health: 56/56

Gold: 3242

GP: 3

Equipment: Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12, double WP against beasts, fire, ice, wind, and darkness-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear),Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"; accessory), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Immunity to Weakened)

Inventory: Oversized Greatsword (WP:16, double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, greatsword), Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP,light,lightning,water, wood, and earth-elemental; bow), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from battles, accessory), 2x Potion, Phoenix Essence, 3x Phoenix Incense, Fenghuang Incense (After being consumed, automatically revives all party members with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out.), 9 Meads, 5 Nostrums, 3 Remedy, 5 Smelling Salts, 7 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 9 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Spyglass (Reveals if there are spies and eavesdroppers in the vicinity when used; tool), 6 Bone, Blind Fury, Wolfgang Insignia, Black Goo, Grating Stone, 1 Grand Potion, Level-Up Mushroom, 2 Neutralizers, Paper Doll (User is immune to Hexed, accessory)

3115F468-B66C-4A75-AFDE-6F4965288ECA_zps6r5hllhh.jpg

Warlen Melimane, Eulalia's Knight (The Chosen Minifigure) *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Ether Reduction* Physical attacks pierce SP!

23 year old male half-elf Mystic Knight

Level 16.33

Power: 27 (16+8+3).

Health: 37/30(5+16+1+3+5+7*)

SP: 10 (3+3+4)

Ether: 35/35 (5+15+4+3+5+1)

Gold: 46

Equipment: Sean Cole's Sword-Cannon (Can be used as a longsword or handcannon, WP: 8 - defies SP in sword mode, deals Bleeding 1 in cannon mode), Eagle Shield (SP: 4, prevents ether reduction), Fenarian Robes of the Vampire (SP:3, Max. Ether +4, Immune to Darkness, backwear),

Inventory:

Weapons: Plasma Shield (SP: 3, absorbs electricty, belongs to Lind), Healing Staff (WP: 5, staff, heals instead of damaging),

Artifacts: Lethauros Ring (Health and Ether +5. Suitable for anyone, accessory), Magician's Glove* (+10 spell power) Counterstrike Gloves, Locustoid Grevaes (+4 ether, immune to Earth Class, can be used by any ether user), 7 10-gallon Hats (Grants wearer tourist effect, causing no one to take them seriously),

Spellbook: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Garnet, Opal, Topaz, Diamond, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Antimagic

Must Be RPed: Lightning Ball (25 electric damage to all enemies, bomb), Small Frost Ball (10 ice damage, bomb)

Consumables: Potion x2, Grand Potion x3, Health Core, Tonic x2, Remedy x3, Mead x2, Smelling Salts x3, Nostrum x2, Banana, Smoke Bomb, Milk x2 (+15 HP and Ether) 5x Hurricane (Grants Hilariously and Luckily Drunk - if wearer makes pun every round, the strength of their attack is doubled.) Viper Scale (worth 40 gold to a certain someone), Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense

Other Junk: Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Bones x6, 2 shiny gold rocks (worth 1 gold at most stores, 5 at magic stores).

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask-Cour, A True Hero (Kintobor)

24? Year Old Human Female Witch

Level 30.75 *Permanently Nimble* *Immune to Sealed*

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 47/47

Defense: 2

Ether: 35/35

Gold: 2003

GP: 36

Equipment: Blazing Palm (WP: 14, Fire Elemental whip, successful hits lower the target's level by 1), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE, and FREE HITS, suitable for women only, body wear), Ethereal Cloak (SP: +2, Max Ether: +4, back wear), Mage's Muffler (Provides immunity to sealed, accessory, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

*Weapons: Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lower the target's level by 1, whip) Spring Staff(WP: 12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount, water elemental staff), Grumpy's Staff (WP: 10, staff), Sexy(WP: 11, disregards SP, longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3, dagger), Rusty Dagger (WP: 2, deals the poisoned by 10, breaks after 3 uses) Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to dark-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only; shield.)

-Minstrel Weapons: Angelic Trumpet (WP: 5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant's Guitar (WP: 5, user is lucky, instrument), Fine-tuned Guitar (WP:15, user is lucky; instrument)

*Artefacts: Glittering Dress (The users job traits are replaced by those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee, and Money Maker, suitable for women only), Skull Mask (SP: 1, wearer can pose as undead, headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes user's appearance into that of an elf of the same gender, accessory), Snake Eyes Charm (Provides immunity to petrified, accessory, suitable for anyone) Paper Doll (Provides immunity to the Hexed effect, accessory),

*Minstrel Artefacts: Encore Plectrum (If the same song is sung for more than one round of combat in a row, the song's ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable for minstrels, accessory)

*Gems: Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind)

*Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Newtity

*Battle Songs: True Loves Serenade (restores 50 health to the rest of the party, costs 10 ether, Battle Song), Murder on the Dancefloor (Has 1/6 chance of instantly knocking out each opponent (unless immune to sudden death) when sung; costs 30 ether per round; Battle Song)*Consumables: Grand Potion x10, Tonic, Grand Tonic x10, Remedy x9, Phoenix Essence x5, Phoenix Incense x2, Nostrum x3, Smelling Salts Pumpkin Bomb (causes poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Fire Bomb, Neutralizer x3, Herbal Infusions x3 (Removes Negative Effects and causes Blessed and Transcended effects), Oculoid Miasma, Elixir x2, Tiger Balm, Ether Core, Health Core, Potion, 2x Mead, 16 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, Jinxy Juice, Love Potion, 2x Bone

*Tools: Magic Compass, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Decamodifier

*Sheep: Baaffy (Pet Sheep; whenever unleashed deals the fast asleep effect to one random opponent once per battle, unlimited use)

Quest/Roleplay Items: Masson's Journal Entry #11, Map of Brendenton, Spider Coin (worth 1 gp), Forest Journal, Blue Syndicate Outfit, Kayla's Mask, Ulric's Letter

18778734752_c16ece0935_t.jpglindwhispererv.jpg

Flynn Flisperer, Lind Whisperer, The Grey Foxer *Encouraged at half health* *Free hits have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent*

21-year-old elf male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Assassin

Level: 17.5

Defense: 3

Health: 29/29 (7+17+5)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon), Invader's Armour (SP: 3, wearer is encouraged when their current health is at half or below the wearer's maximum level), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent; Backwear, suitable for anyone), Medal of Valor (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience in battle. Accessory)

Inventory: Plasma Shield (SP: 3, user absorbs electric attacks), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory), Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Darker Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon)

• Bedroll, Shovel

•Mead, x3 Potions, Remedy, Bone

• Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

Loaned Out Gear: Akrone Fez (Artifact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone) ~ Loaned out to Jinnipher Buchaire

Loaned Gear: Phoenix Incense x1 ~ Loaned by Skrall

catava-knight.jpgJinnipher Buchaire (JimBee)

76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

Level 1

Power Bonus: 3

Health: 13/13

Defense: 6

Gold: 0

Equipment: Crescent Sword (WP:3; longsword), Plasma Shield (SP: 3, absorbs electricty, belongs to Lind), Anniversary Medal (SP+3, Power+3, Ether+3, Health+3, immune to Fire, accessory, belongs to Lind).

Inventory: 2x Potion, Bedroll, Phoenix Incense, Full-Moon Shield (SP: 2)

7YdqKPh.png

Sandman, Level 30 Sniper *Immune to Sleep/Deep Sleep*

HP: 45/45

SP: 4

Gold: 300

Lethality: 1/6

Equipment: Somnamblast (WP: 13, 1/6 chance of inflicting Sleep on succesful hits, handcannon), Sandblasted Helmet (SP: 2, immune to sleep/deep sleep), Sandblasted Robes (SP: 2)

Inventory: Grand Potion x3, Sleep Bomb, Old Guitar (WP: 0), Phoenix Incense

QM Note: Also, you may decide (either in character or out) who shall be party leader.