Pieces: 174

Price: $19.99

Minifigs: 2

Theme: Jurassic World

Year of Release: 2015

Links:

Box

17159054729_59077585fa.jpg

The front of the box has the Jurassic World logo along with the set number, piece count, etc. Its a decent box size for a $20 set. Here it is compared to a minifigure.

17345520081_639324bcda.jpg

Here's the back of the box. It shows all of the features from the set an ad for the video game.

17344021002_afdcbcda47.jpg

The back also shows a small picture with a silhouette of the dinosaurs from the line, along with their set numbers.

Instruction Booklet

17319946246_5c80ffeea7.jpg

The booklet shows the same thing as the front of the box, nothing more, nothing less.

17344035512_d03d477628.jpg

Near the back of the booklet, there is a picture with all of the characters from the sets.

17159713289_4bf04386a4.jpg

The other page shows all the dinosaurs with a mini box that shows the size comparisons.

The Minifigures

16725707843_e5baeb2b8c.jpg

The minifigures in this set are Simon Masrani and an ACU. Both of them have excellent printing on the front and the back. The gun is the same one from TLM that the SSP used.

17158422390_deec7f933f.jpg

Simon Masrani is the only one with a double sided face. His second face shows a scared/worried exp<b></b>ression. He has a zipped up jacket or jumpsuit with a shirt underneath.

17159785529_206bf0b2ed.jpg

The ACU trooper only has one face which is a scared/worried exp<b></b>ression. I would have a scared exp<b></b>ression too if I was about to get eaten by a dinosaur. He has great detail on his torso and legs. Let's take a look at the vest.

17158457990_d11b35aa8f.jpg

17138600217_7f884dccdf.jpg

The vest is the same mold from the SSP in TLM I think. It has the letters ACU on the front too. The back is nothing interesting.

Pteranodon

16725805873_fe83555bce.jpg

The pteranodon has great printing too. The colors match the ones that the pteranodons from the movie have. The wings, mouth, and head are a rubbery type of plastic and are easily bendable.

17320090226_86159a0fa2.jpg

It uses the same mold from the pteranodon in the 2012 Dino line. Here's a comparison between the two.

Spare Parts

17320100686_ee0cf61249.jpg

The spare parts aren't many, just a few extras.

The Helicopter

17158547820_3e287ee461.jpg

At first the helicopter was 'meh' when I first saw it on the box. Now that I've built it, I've got to say that I really like it. Its my favorite helicopter of all of the ones I've built. Its sturdy and sleek. It's not too bulky either.

17158555410_e766f67563.jpg

The first play feature in this set is the net launcher. It works pretty well, not one of my favorite features but it does what it's meant to do.

17159941799_7641a20863.jpg

The other play feature is on the other side. Its a stud shooter which can be used by a minifigure. You can put it on their hand or you can leave it there and let someone operate it.

17320201786_fcf5e34e3f.jpg

The shooter can fold up inside the helicopter as well.

17158637300_86fb581212.jpg

There are stickers on both sides of the helicopter and they also have the Jurassic World logo with Dino marks.

Final Verdict

Value: 9/10 - For $20 this set isn't that bad. The parts count is a little low for a $20 set but the price is probably because of licensing. Other than that, it's a great deal, I would've hoped for maybe some bait for the pteranodon but that can easily be fixed.

Design: 9/10 - I REALLY love the way this helicopter looks, it's sleekness and design is great. The only flaw this has is the huge net launcher, it's too big in my opinion.

Minifigs: 10/10[/b] - The minifigures are extremely detailed and it even includes an exclusive minifigure.

Playability: 9/10 - There are many things you can do with this set. The swoosh factor is great and so are the play features.

Parts: 10/10[/b] - They're useful parts and there isn't many huge specialized pieces in here either.

Overall: 9/10 - This set is great for fans of Jurassic World, it's also a nice parts pack. There's one exclusive minifigure in here too which makes it even better.

Having a little fun with the set

17346248175_d16a98f49e.jpg

Hope you liked my first review here on Eurobricks! Please leave any suggestions on what to improve, thanks! :classic:

Edited by TheLazyChicken

Thanks for the review! I really like this set. I love the ACU minifigures and the dinosaur is really nice. I think the helicopter has great potential for a SHIELD helicopter. Only suggestion is that some of your pictures are a little bit dark. (Especially the box front one) But really good for your first review! Thanks a lot!

I love the dinos in these sets but aside from that the builds IMO kind of suck just like the last Dino sets. This just has a franchise connected to it. And honestly I hope it does well enough to spark more Dino/Jurassic Park-World interest because I want to see MORE Dino "minifigures". Maybe a Brontosaurus or something.

I will most likely be buying many of the Dinosaur minifigures here. However I doubt I'll buy the actual sets or the genetically altered dinosaur (which can only work for Jurassic World).

This set is IMO average. Love the dinosaur...

Thanks for the review! I really like this set. I love the ACU minifigures and the dinosaur is really nice. I think the helicopter has great potential for a SHIELD helicopter. Only suggestion is that some of your pictures are a little bit dark. (Especially the box front one) But really good for your first review! Thanks a lot!

Thanks!

This set is IMO average. Love the dinosaur...

I love the dinosaur too :wub:

Nice review! Although, that picture of the ad reminded me of how some of the things surrounding Jurassic World (Lego, that is) seems hastily put together. Just look at that the minifig. He is Star Lord's head and hair, Indiana Jones' torso with different arms, and City legs. To me, that seems a bit weak, especially for a video game.

Nice review! Although, that picture of the ad reminded me of how some of the things surrounding Jurassic World (Lego, that is) seems hastily put together. Just look at that the minifig. He is Star Lord's head and hair, Indiana Jones' torso with different arms, and City legs. To me, that seems a bit weak, especially for a video game.

Oh yeah, I just noticed that