msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

Hello Calabar,

first right Thank you very much for your help!  Through your tip Everything now works properly.  

Greetings Ches

Hi,

I've just stumbled across this (OK, a few years too late) and tried to get it running without success. I suspect it's either a Java version issue or my graphics card is ancient but it's hard to tell without the source code. I'm an enterprise Java architect by trade and would love to see the code to this as I've never done anything desktop or graphics related. It looks amazing. If you ever want a small group to help you out, let me know, I might have skills.

Here's the command line output and stacktrace

Windows 10, Java 8 build 122

This is trying load https://bricksafe.com/files/LegoOri/31058---fish/Fish02.lxf

Operating system detected: Windows
Starting Blueprint v0026.. Good luck!
Current folder: C:\Users\gvh12\Downloads\Blueprint0026
Initializing database..
Database is located in: C:\Users\gvh12\AppData\Roaming\Blueprint\database\brickcache.db
Cache is up to date (1x777)
OpenGL version:      3.2.0 NVIDIA 436.30
OpenGL vendor:       NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer:     GeForce GT 710/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL shading lang: 1.50 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Loading brick 87747 TOOTH Ø3.2 SHAFT

Loading brick 3747 ROOF TILE 2X3/25° INV.
Model parsed in 3121ms
Model loaded. 124 parts, 1 groups.
Total mem: 60534784
Total mem after new page: 60534784
Total mem after build pages: 60534784
Total mem after build steps: 60534784
Rendering assembly x5
null!!!
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at blueprint.Blueprint.g(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$3(WinApplication.java:177)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at blueprint.c.f.recalculateImage(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.c.f.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.c.b.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.a(Unknown Source)
        ... 8 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at blueprint.opengl.d.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.d.a(Unknown Source)
        ... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at blueprint.opengl.d.b(Unknown Source)
        ... 14 more

PS I noticed experiments with iText for PDF building. I know this project is dead but read the iText licence options very very carefully...

Hi everyone, I really appreciate your work in inserting the new parts in ldd. It is very useful to me to build lego technic models with the new parts!
But I have a dilemma, I use blueprint to generate the instructions, but this software asks me for the db.lif file in order to work, the problem is that the file in question does not contain the new parts, so what I ask you is if is there a way to regenerate the dib.lif file with the new parts in it? Thank you very much and congratulations again for your work!

20 hours ago, HL2 said:

Hi everyone, I really appreciate your work in inserting the new parts in ldd. It is very useful to me to build lego technic models with the new parts!
But I have a dilemma, I use blueprint to generate the instructions, but this software asks me for the db.lif file in order to work, the problem is that the file in question does not contain the new parts, so what I ask you is if is there a way to regenerate the dib.lif file with the new parts in it? Thank you very much and congratulations again for your work!

you may try with LIF-Creator:

Thanks a lot M2m, I solved the problem thanks to your software! Congratulations on your work and thanks again!

As the author does not care to update this tool for many yrs now I guess it would be great if he could actually post his src files somewhere so someone else could possibly (fingers crossed) take over with the updates - just saying.

Edited by Leninizator Monofack

@MrGibbage

If it was aimed at me, then NO, you cannot: it is one of the most terrible piece of software I come across - I stick to my beloved LDD + with the ability of adding ANY NEW BRICK I WANT there is absolutely no need to try to use and learn that sh*t, sorry (and I actually did before only to run back to LDD ASAP).

Really, if author do not want to update his older software, he could release his source files so some experienced Java programmer could continue as Blueprint has too many mishaps or purely done stuff there (I even don't know where to start, gee).

I don't disagree that they should release the code so others could continue with the updates.

I am sorry that you have trouble with Stud.io. I've been using it for many years now, and I know a lot of people that use it. And the kids on my FLL team use it. But I know what you mean--it's happened to me before. I have tried using software that everyone else seemed to love, but for whatever reason, I could not get it working properly. I sure don't have any vested interest in Stud.io. I'm just a regular user.

I wish you the best of luck!

Skip

@MrGibbage

No problem, pal. ;-)

I hope the author would really do that - releasing its source code for the Blueprint - cos it has great potential, it's just he did not invested in it what it deserves I would say as the idea is really very good but the making is quite terrible to be honest.

Edited by Leninizator Monofack