Has anyone else noticed that the majority of the recent technic sets have been some form of a dumptruck? If not in form than at least in function.

These include:

42023(small dumptruck included)

42024(dumptruck with chains)

42029(pick em up dump truck)

42030(b model dump truck)

42035(a dumptruck pretending to be a mining truck)

42038(a dumptruck with tracks)

42042(really big dumptruck)

This does not include the unimog(which easily converts to a dumptruck) or the fact that there seems to be at least one dumptruck a year every year. The last year is especially full of them. I get that a dumping bed is an easy and very noticeable function to implement,but having only been into technic for six months or so and buying mostly what's available new,I now own 3 dumptrucks. Is it too much to ask for something different and exciting? Maybe in just complaining but I feel as if the technic gurus around here must feel the same way. There has to other functions that can be implemented into a model besides a dumping bed,and there definitely needs to be fewer sets based on this single function.

Thoughts?

But just think of all the mini linear actuators you'll have! I already own about six times more mini LAs than I have ideas.

...I own exactly six of them.

Honestly I find the linear actuator dumping to nearly always be slow and bothersome,my favorite dumping systems are the mechanically operated ones such as 42035,because its quicker and easier on my fingers.

Has anyone else noticed that the majority of the recent technic sets have been some form of a dumptruck? If not in form than at least in function.

These include:

42023(small dumptruck included)

42024(dumptruck with chains)

42029(pick em up dump truck)

42030(b model dump truck)

42035(a dumptruck pretending to be a mining truck)

42038(a dumptruck with tracks)

42042(really big dumptruck)

This does not include the unimog(which easily converts to a dumptruck) or the fact that there seems to be at least one dumptruck a year every year. The last year is especially full of them. I get that a dumping bed is an easy and very noticeable function to implement,but having only been into technic for six months or so and buying mostly what's available new,I now own 3 dumptrucks. Is it too much to ask for something different and exciting? Maybe in just complaining but I feel as if the technic gurus around here must feel the same way. There has to other functions that can be implemented into a model besides a dumping bed,and there definitely needs to be fewer sets based on this single function.

Thoughts?

I thought that 42042 is a crawler crane??!!

And I've done even my own dumb bed mod for the set 42028 (B model)...

1MroR9d.jpg

Oh dear Lord help me :grin:

Kind of sarcasm, man I ecaxtly know what you mean...

Edited by MacKaiwer

I thought that 42042 is a crawler crane??!!

It is, he was probably meant to say 42043

Edited by Nalyd997

Yeah I meant the new arocs Mercedes. I haven't checked out the full set of features but if it doesn't already have it then it probably isn't hard to do.