davidmull

Very happy man but sad wallet! Misb heaven :)

now you need Santa fe full set!! it is one of the best looking train from Lego

Was thinking the same but Iv enough for now. Also is it hard convert the Santa Fe to power functions?

I think the emerald night is the best :)

Santa fe really is a mega investment. The price will go one way. No way I was doing it so i went customer with changes and new grey, looks amazing or will when done. But to get it in boxes will not be cheap. Enjoy the ones you have they are all greate. I also like the EN

Be glad some folks prefer opening high value MISB - if not for them, you wouldn't see as much demand, they wouldn't become as scarce, and thus those who keep them MISB as an "investment" wouldn't see nearly the rate of returns on investment we currently do.

I understand getting the MISB sets, but the cost puts me off from it. I have bought a couple small 9v era supplemental sets like the snowplow and maintenance truck along with some 4.5v sealed track with plastic wrap but that's it. I will only by a train sealed if it is a good deal or the same price as a used set. I envy you for selling some technic sets to be able to buy these enjoy them!

Have fun!

-RailCo

P.S. @1974 I understand that yes, he did buy a lot of sealed sets but i think he worked hard to get these. Probably selling some prized technic sets of his and he is trying to get into the hobby. Plus not everyone can MOC especially when he is just starting out. I just want to say we are all mature enough to not be so rude. I just want to keep this a friendly forum to share and have fun! I just wanted to say that and clear that up not trying to cause any arguments!

Edited by Rail Co

Thanks rail co. And yes I had to sell a few technic sets not that I need to explain :)

I'm not really into mocs to be honest only like official sets.

Just build one of the horizon expresses. Nice build lovely looking train :)

Edited by davidmull

I hope you enjoy building them, it's just as expensive to build your own creations, over the last month I have spent £595 on building my own mocs which include1 Steam Locomotive based on the LSWR Class 415 Adam Radial 4-4-2 Steam Locomotive, 1 10 Ton Goods Van based on SR 10 Ton Goods Van, 1 bogie coach based on LBSCR 48 Ft Bogie Coach, 2 Platform end modules for my preserved SR Railway Station (each module is 35 studs long), 1 Train Station Master Mini Figure, and enough parts to make 25 Custom Minifigures and 100 pieces of Lego for future mocs, plus 16 straight RC Train Track and 16 curves RC Train Track, luckily halve of the cost was combined xmas money and birthday money.

Very nice hull davidmull. I'd hate to even think of what this cost you (your LEGO included). So, the general consensus is to leave the shed set in box? :classic:

Very nice hull davidmull. I'd hate to even think of what this cost you (your LEGO included). So, the general consensus is to leave the shed set in box? :classic:

Yes I'll try leave the shed in it's box as it quiet rare or maybe I'll just build it :)

Technic sets I sold paid for half of the lot so not too bad.

Shed was €349

I am a little envious, but have just completed Bricklinking the emerald night (exc the windows which i swapped out for standard tan as i want to build 5 carriages). I am with you and am not into Moccing trains and enjoy building the original sets (i do like mocking buildings and landscapes though). I have half the parts for the maersk but don't want the truck so i have excluding those parts. Once again i think i will build 5 carriages or so.

Train shed i once considered but feel its a little small so will most likely build a moc that is influenced by its style while skipping the expensive bits.

The problem is we want everything now and when you are buying buildings as well it adds up quickly.

I get the feeling you were not showing off but wanted a place to share your passion with like minded people. Enjoy