TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Quick question, which version of the powerpuff girls are being used in this, the ones of actual quality or the cheap cash-ins currently airing on CN?

11 minutes ago, Realshow said:

Quick question, which version of the powerpuff girls are being used in this, the ones of actual quality or the cheap cash-ins currently airing on CN?

Well, I believe they have lantern powers, so cheap cash-in...

Just now, strangely said:

Well, I believe they have lantern powers, so cheap cash-in...

Well it could also be a composite of the two.

34 minutes ago, Realshow said:

Well it could also be a composite of the two.

Well, it most definitely is as the new show uses nearly the exact same art style and characters. So, there's no possible way it couldn't be since the current show is already an extension of the old.

That being said, the logo matches the current show, so I would expect it to draw more from the new show than the old, meaning I would expect the current voice actresses rather than the cast we all know and love.

16 minutes ago, strangely said:

Well, it most definitely is as the new show uses nearly the exact same art style and characters. So, there's no possible way it couldn't be since the current show is already an extension of the old.

That being said, the logo matches the current show, so I would expect it to draw more from the new show than the old, meaning I would expect the current voice actresses rather than the cast we all know and love.

If it's simply using the art style, voices and unnecessary lantern powers and don't include any of the memes, lame villains and the various other problems with the reboot, then I'd be fine with it.

2 hours ago, Realshow said:

If it's simply using the art style, voices and unnecessary lantern powers and don't include any of the memes, lame villains and the various other problems with the reboot, then I'd be fine with it.

I hope that's the case, but there are no guarantees. All we know is that it's based on the new show. It might turn out to be better than the show, perhaps even drawing more from the original show (the Dimensions people like to throw in fan service when they can). But ultimately I wouldn't get my hopes up at this point, it could go any number of directions at this point.

Personally, as much as I love the original show I'm not sure I see it working well in the Lego world. It just feels like the art style might clash. Hopefully we get pictures soon, I'm not sold on those molded heads yet.

Edited by strangely

15 minutes ago, strangely said:

Hopefully we get pictures soon, I'm not sold on those molded heads yet.

Agreed. I'm honestly getting a little sick of LEGO making new heads every time they do a licensed theme. If it's something not-human like Sonic then it's perfectly fine, but if it's a human then just make them a traditional minifigure.

Looking back I kind of wish they'd done something different for Sonic. Special molding was definitely the way to go, the molded head they did is very sharp, but it looks kind of strange on the normal minifigure body. Maybe a special mold for the body would have looked better, possibly something in the vein of the Angry Birds or Scooby Doo molds, except with moving legs of course.

With the Powerpuff Girls I just have a feeling they'd come out odd even if they'd done regular heads. It's just an art style that doesn't really fit into the minifigure mold. Sadly, I think the only character that would make a great minifigure would be Mojo, the others are just so oddly proportioned and shaped. Who knows though, maybe Lego has figured out a way to make it work.

Edited by strangely

In the Fantastic Beast adventure world, do you need to have played the story pack to be able to go inside buildings?

So i finally got my other half to join in and play some Dimensions with me... she had to be bribed with the Harry Potter set (she's a massive fan)

After a bit of flying about Hogwarts she soon realised that half the things to do you had to use other characters to unlock that part... her participation took a sudden end.

oh well I tried

On 12/9/2016 at 3:17 PM, legozebra said:

Weren't Connectables supposed to be out this year? What happened to them?

I've been told they were cancelled. 

8 hours ago, terryfay1983 said:

So i finally got my other half to join in and play some Dimensions with me... she had to be bribed with the Harry Potter set (she's a massive fan)

After a bit of flying about Hogwarts she soon realised that half the things to do you had to use other characters to unlock that part... her participation took a sudden end.

oh well I tried

Lol well welcome! Hopefully she'll come back when Hermione comes out :grin: 

And that minifigure looks really amazing, thanks for sharing @coronaking

I started playing the Fantastic Beasts Story Pack today, and in the first level I noticed something interesting:

Spoiler

Indiana Jones's skeleton! In the vault at the end of the first level you destroy some drawers, and a skeleton falls out of each, one of which is wearing a fedora and holding a whip!

14 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

I started playing the Fantastic Beasts Story Pack today, and in the first level I noticed something interesting:

Hide contents

Indiana Jones's skeleton! In the vault at the end of the first level you destroy some drawers, and a skeleton falls out of each, one of which is wearing a fedora and holding a whip!

Indie level pack confirmed.

I don't seem to have any quests showing up in the Ghostbusters 2016 adventure world, is anybody else having this problem?

21 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I don't seem to have any quests showing up in the Ghostbusters 2016 adventure world, is anybody else having this problem?

If you use Venkman, Stay Puft or Slimer to enter the world quests and nearly all interiors are unavaible.

On 12/11/2016 at 2:52 PM, coronaking said:

There was a new picture of Hermione on Bricks to Life's Twitter.

It looks nice, but I would have preferred her with her Hogwarts uniform and a wand.

Really love the look of this Minifigure! Almost makes me wish we had gotten some new printing on Harry too,and makes me hope for some future Harry Potter (and Fantastic Beasts) packs!

On 11/12/2016 at 7:52 PM, coronaking said:

There was a new picture of Hermione on Bricks to Life's Twitter.

Czaj6U5VIAAuuGC.jpg

It looks nice, but I would have preferred her with her Hogwarts uniform and a wand.

I agree. I know it's based on her Deathly Hallows appearance, but I always think of Hermione in her school uniform given how much of a dedicated student she is. I mean, Hermione's the one who read so much about magic before starting at Hogwarts that she knew everything already! If anything, it should be her in the school uniform and Harry in casual clothes. 

I'm of the opinion that a casual clothes Hermione is far more interesting than a school uniform version. At least we are getting something new with this, whereas anyone who already collects/collected HP Lego would already have half a dozen identical Harry uniforms that could be easily swapped in.

--

I hope we see some PowerPuff Girls figures soon, as I'm more excited for that license than anything in Year 2 (well maybe Adventure Time). I do think they will translate rather well to minifigure form actually, as they were always depicted in a rather simple abstract form, at least in body type--which is something that would lend itself far better to Lego than the lanky characters often being attempted. Granted I wouldn't mind Dimensions depicting them and their open world more after the original show than whatever that new "show" is. Also Mojo Jojo--it would be wonderful to get him, although four figures from one new license is rather stretching it...AT did set a recent precedent however.   

3 minutes ago, Realshow said:

So, how many big glitches are left?

Not sure if everyone has this issue, but on XBox 360 I can't proceed past a certain point in the Fantastic Beasts Level because my game freezes at the exact same point every time... 

Just now, legozebra said:

Not sure if everyone has this issue, but on XBox 360 I can't proceed past a certain point in the Fantastic Beasts Level because my game freezes at the exact same point every time... 

Sorry to hear. Hope things get better for you man.