TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I believe Owen can dig too once he completes the tracking but Scooby can do it underwater, which makes him doubly useful. I am still greatly enjoying the game and looking forward to the release of the next wave.

What about it? Scooby's definitely the best tracker, as most of them involve digging things up.

Well I was in the Wizard of Oz world and I discovered a cage with a gold brick inside it but was blocked by vines. And the ONLY character that can cut through vines is Owen but I have to hire him using the hire-a-hero function because I don't have the Jurassic World Team Pack and the reason why is because the ACU Trooper is a very bland and generic character to use. There's nothing remarkable about him and he's just a security guard for the park apart from having the Gyrosphere he's not worth playing and even if I get that team pack the ACU Trooper won't be used and it'll mainly be Owen I'll use and I can't just use one character for a team pack because that would be defeating the point of a team pack. I've tried several attempts at trying to get that gold brick but once I try and follow the trail the timer for using Owen runs out and I have to pay a ridiuclous fee in order to use him again. So I figure the Scooby Doo Team Pack is a better option for me because I have a choice of two characters to locate things.

I find that a column would be a very dull build. A grandfather clock for Missy's TARDIS would be great, though.

I got Unikitty, so I can solve any rainbow/fire/goop puzzles now. :grin:

Missy has a cameo in a DW Level Pack hidden stage and the grandfather clock is there!

Well I was in the Wizard of Oz world and I discovered a cage with a gold brick inside it but was blocked by vines. And the ONLY character that can cut through vines is Owen but I have to hire him using the hire-a-hero function because I don't have the Jurassic World Team Pack and the reason why is because the ACU Trooper is a very bland and generic character to use. There's nothing remarkable about him and he's just a security guard for the park apart from having the Gyrosphere he's not worth playing and even if I get that team pack the ACU Trooper won't be used and it'll mainly be Owen I'll use and I can't just use one character for a team pack because that would be defeating the point of a team pack. I've tried several attempts at trying to get that gold brick but once I try and follow the trail the timer for using Owen runs out and I have to pay a ridiuclous fee in order to use him again. So I figure the Scooby Doo Team Pack is a better option for me because I have a choice of two characters to locate things.

The ACU has one very nice ability, though. His staff can charge electric panels. I got the pack for the vine cutting and the gyrosphere and the access to the world, and I'm satisfied.

The ACU has one very nice ability, though. His staff can charge electric panels. I got the pack for the vine cutting and the gyrosphere and the access to the world, and I'm satisfied.

It's a shame they couldn't have included Claire Dearing instead of the ACU Trooper though, considering she was the female lead.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Who needs the ACU Trooper for Electric Panels when I could use Jay for that?

It's a shame they couldn't have included Claire Dearing instead of the ACU Trooper though, considering she was the female lead.

Yeah why wasn't she the other character for that team pack? Hell the movie's story is about Claire for godsakes. But it doesn't really matter because now I have the Doctor Who Level Pack! And yes I know I would get it for my birthday I figure what the hell I might as well get it seeing as I'm already getting the Cyberman fun pack on the 22nd so kill two birds with one stone right?

Who needs the ACU Trooper for Electric Panels when I could use Jay for that?

Yeah why wasn't she the other character for that team pack? Hell the movie's story is about Claire for godsakes. But it doesn't really matter because now I have the Doctor Who Level Pack! And yes I know I would get it for my birthday I figure what the hell I might as well get it seeing as I'm already getting the Cyberman fun pack on the 22nd so kill two birds with one stone right?

I don't own Jay, as Zane was the most useful ninja to me, as I needed an X-ray vision character.

That's the thing. There's no right way to buy characters, as there are different combinations to have the abilities you need.

Okay, so I'm happily solving puzzles, but I'm so impatient for the rest of the waves, so I can access Midway and Ghostbusters, and get the last stinkin' abilities I need. Honestly, putting Aquaman in Wave 5?

I don't own Jay, as Zane was the most useful ninja to me, as I needed an X-ray vision character.

That's the thing. There's no right way to buy characters, as there are different combinations to have the abilities you need.

Okay, so I'm happily solving puzzles, but I'm so impatient for the rest of the waves, so I can access Midway and Ghostbusters, and get the last stinkin' abilities I need. Honestly, putting Aquaman in Wave 5?

Well I guess everyone has their preferences when it comes to this game. But anyways now that I have the Doctor Who Level Pack it means I can play the exclusive level for the game along with continuing story mode. Though I will make a confession here though, I may have accidentally continued the story mode and may have seen the first cutscene to the Doctor Who Level. Then again I have turned off the console once that happened so thankfully I haven't progressed through that level yet. Edited by Starscream759

This is frustrating me as well. I've actually put the game on hold until Wave 5 vomes out because I'm tired of doing 90% of an area knowing ill have to come back later to finish it off.

Ard there any concrete rumors for Wave 6 and beyond? I saw a mention of a list a few pages back where S stood for either Scooby or Sonic, but couldn't find the post it was referencing.

Edited by jindianajonz

Oh, we've had a whole list of abbreviated franchises, but I'm not quite sure if that was confirmed to be real or not.

Among other things, the more definite ones were Teen Titans Go!, Harry Potter, and Mr. T.

Oh, we've had a whole list of abbreviated franchises, but I'm not quite sure if that was confirmed to be real or not.

Among other things, the more definite ones were Teen Titans Go!, Harry Potter, and Mr. T.

HP is definite for sure as is Mr. T.

Yeah why wasn't she the other character for that team pack? Hell the movie's story is about Claire for godsakes.

Exactly. Claire Dearing is a character that NEEDS to be playable in the game. It's strange how there's such a lack of female characters. Whilst I am a male player and so don't find playing as female characters as appealing, it would be nice to see more choice of characters to use introduced other than Wyldstyle and Wonder Woman (although it sounds like there will be anyway given that the female Ghostbusters are apparently going to be released as NFC minifigures).

HP is definite for sure as is Mr. T.

Not surprised about Harry Potter but Mr T? Seriously? Mr T can be fun but who's going to be desperate to play as him?

Better not be at the expense of more Doctor Who Dimensions packs or as Missy would say about Davros, I'll scratch their eyes out!

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Suprisingly, I'm not super hyped for the supposed next group of packs after wave 5. I want some more characters from the wave 1 franchises first. Wizard of Oz and Missy need to happen, and for Portal, I will hold out for ATLAS and P-body due to their being doable robot figs in the cameo appearances, not brick-built. Frankenturret vehicle, maybe?

More is good, but I want to see some other characters from the new franchises we just got.

Suprisingly, I'm not super hyped for the supposed next group of packs after wave 5. I want some more characters from the wave 1 franchises first. Wizard of Oz and Missy need to happen, and for Portal, I will hold out for ATLAS and P-body due to their being doable robot figs in the cameo appearances, not brick-built. Frankenturret vehicle, maybe?

More is good, but I want to see some other characters from the new franchises we just got.

Yeah, the only new franchises I absolutely want to see next year are Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts. As good as Sonic (which was also rumoured) would be, I wouldn't want to see it at the expense of no more Doctor Who or Jurassic World (I would say Ghostbusters but those in the know have said we're getting more NFC minifigures for that franchise) whereas Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts happening this year would make sense considering the prequel is being released this November.

Let's see, here's my roster so far:

Gandalf

Wyldstyle

Batman

Legolas

Marty McFly

Zane

Cyberman and Doc Brown have been preordered and I'll get the Ghostbusters pack as soon as it goes on sale. I'd eventually like to get Stay Puft, Jurassic World, Scooby Doo, and Portal. I finished the 11th (?) level and am very disappointed at the apparent lack of a proper JW level. :cry_sad:

Vehicle abilities have been weird for me. The before mentioned Rocket Flight Delorean won't break silver objects and the Electric Time Machine doesn't want to charge electric panels either. :sceptic:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Let's see, here's my roster so far:

Gandalf

Wyldstyle

Batman

Legolas

Marty McFly

Zane

Cyberman and Doc Brown have been preordered and I'll get the Ghostbusters pack as soon as it goes on sale. I'd eventually like to get Stay Puft, Jurassic World, Scooby Doo, and Portal. I finished the 11th (?) level and am very disappointed at the apparent lack of a proper JW level. :sceptic:

Yes, I was too. Each franchise should have got its own level IMO.

I guess, but to be honest, the levels are my least favorite part of the game, save for the always-entertaining cutscenes. I do think they deserved levels. but it's less for me to play, and the franchises that didn't get levels are the worst ones, in my opinion.

I'm honestly feeling a bit cluttered now, with so many toy tags and such little space on the pad. I imagine it'll feel less stressful when the puzzles are all done, and I'm just roaming around for fun.

But if LEGO doesn't give us more Wizard of Oz or Doctor Who, I'll be disappointed, as what we have is great, but there's more we should get for this game.

I guess, but to be honest, the levels are my least favorite part of the game, save for the always-entertaining cutscenes. I do think they deserved levels. but it's less for me to play, and the franchises that didn't get levels are the worst ones, in my opinion.

I'm honestly feeling a bit cluttered now, with so many toy tags and such little space on the pad. I imagine it'll feel less stressful when the puzzles are all done, and I'm just roaming around for fun.

I think LEGO should release extra mini-Pads that you can connect to your console and allow you to have more characters, vehicles and gadgets on-screen at once.

But if LEGO doesn't give us more Wizard of Oz or Doctor Who, I'll be disappointed, as what we have is great, but there's more we should get for this game.

Agreed. I'd like to see Missy, Captain Jack Harkness, an Ice Warrior and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart playable in the game.

Yes, I was too. Each franchise should have got its own level IMO.

Jurassic World level? Yes. Legends of Chima level? Maybe not so much in my case.

As far as I recall, there's nothing requiring a Cyberman, but if you're just waiting for a complete Doctor Who experience, then I get it. Playing the story before the level pack doesn't make a difference, though, as the level packs are almost as if they were taken from their own games in terms of story; nothing relating to the main plot, and only the star of the franchise appears in the cutscenes.