Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

Bionicle story / character discussion topic.

Yes... Yes I did. If he has a problem with that, he can come tell me himself. *pats Kryptonite in pocket* :-P

The Piraka just seem to have too many powers to me... Just like Superman does.

But seriously, Batman will always be better. ;-)

Exactly which powers are virtually unstoppable? I bet a Makuta could beat all six in one second flat.

Reidak: Never defeated the same way twice?

Zaktan: Made of protodites, can swarm, attacks go through him...

May I list more?

It was not the multiple powers that the PIraka had that bothered me. Hakann can have all the heat vision, lava launcher, and mental blasts he wants, he was steal going to be creamed by the Toa Nuva. And Darkness Falls, Zaktan did not have the ability to have objects fly through him. You listed three powers that are all the same. Zaktan is made of protodites, which is why he can fly, split his body, etc.

My gripe was, in actuality, Reidak. I never understood how his power actually worked. If he's hit by a small rock, does that give him immunity to a giant boulder? The Toa Nuva bring a whole mountain down on him, and he's laughing in the crater?

I mean, the Toa Nuva were better than him anyway. If not for the other PIraka, Lewa would have broken his arm, so Reidak was by no means invincible. His power over adaptation was just way too confusing to make much sense. (Granted, lots of superheroes have confusing powers; how does Superman flying super fast spin the world backwards, lol?) But I just prefer more simplicity. That's why I like 2007. Hydraxon, the Barraki, Gadunka, they don't have powers, per say, but can still be a threat. You don't need powers in BIONICLE to be a threat. The Toa Mata, for example, were trained by Hydraxon in physical combat, which I really like.

Yeah, Reidak was my only gripe with 2006.

VK

So how would Reidak give a Makuta a challenge? Makuta of Metru Nui has plasma, sonics, oh, and about 40 other powers.

EDIT: Well, I've gotten info on the Nocturn-breaking-his-island situation.

First, he didn't smash it with his own power. He used some kind of blaster which he grabbed in a fit of temper. And he shot the island at its critical point and caused it to crack in half. The island itself is, or was, smaller than Metru Nui, and had about 3000 of his kind on it. So they'd probably a good amount of tech.

On Voya Nui floating, it had a buoyant substance in the terrain (after all, the bottom section of it was once a ceiling) and that kept it afloat. Mahri Nui sank because lava leaking out of the island hardened underneath it and caused that section to become heavier than water. That's the same lava that formed the cord, and the same lava that created that underwater section of the Voya Nui bay, exactly where Mahri Nui was. So it makes sense, to me at least.

On Voya Nui's lava, that's a secret. ;-)

And finally, ice sinking. Well, there's only one instance of ice sinking, and that was when two Barraki were frozen in it. There isn't really an explanation needed, the ice obviously sank because two human-sized beings made largely of metal were weighing it down.

I apologize if I sounded like bones, but Helden and Ikki asked for geek-speak, so I'm giving it to them. :-P

Edited by Clonie

So how would Reidak give a Makuta a challenge? Makuta of Metru Nui has plasma, sonics, oh, and about 40 other powers.

EDIT: Well, I've gotten info on the Nocturn-breaking-his-island situation.

First, he didn't smash it with his own power. He used some kind of blaster which he grabbed in a fit of temper. And he shot the island at its critical point and caused it to crack in half. The island itself is, or was, smaller than Metru Nui, and had about 3000 of his kind on it. So they'd probably a good amount of tech.

On Voya Nui floating, it had a buoyant substance in the terrain (after all, the bottom section of it was once a ceiling) and that kept it afloat. Mahri Nui sank because lava leaking out of the island hardened underneath it and caused that section to become heavier than water. That's the same lava that formed the cord, and the same lava that created that underwater section of the Voya Nui bay, exactly where Mahri Nui was. So it makes sense, to me at least.

On Voya Nui's lava, that's a secret. ;-)

And finally, ice sinking. Well, there's only one instance of ice sinking, and that was when two Barraki were frozen in it. There isn't really an explanation needed, the ice obviously sank because two human-sized beings made largely of metal were weighing it down.

I apologize if I sounded like bones, but Helden and Ikki asked for geek-speak, so I'm giving it to them. :-P

Thanks man, but how did you figure this all out (except for the Mahri Nui one, which is a bit obvious)?

-ZotS

I PM'd him, and is it important?

And I may have found out about stuff you care about, just ask. He did say we'll probably figure out what Jovan's team did with the Ignika by the end of this year.

I've read the newest Gali Nuva Blog and Dreams of Destruction. I must say, if all the books were written like this, I'd be much more enticed.

Karzahni against Makuta, with Karzahni backed by hundreds of Manas. Fantastic.

And a new corrupt member of the Brotherhood. Interesting.

Does anyone want me to post the podcasts in text form?

That'd be nice. Everytime I try to download them, my Explorer freezez... I really want FireFox.

Yeah, he made a few mistakes in the recordings. I did my best here though:

INTO THE DARKNESS

CHAPTER 1

Toa Matoro swam silently through the black waters of the pit. Behind him, the robot guardian named Maxilos followed. To Matoro, it felt like having the shadow of doom hanging over him, for he knew what no one else did