Sign in to follow this  
ResIpsaLoquitur

Quick mods to 75053's mini Speeder Bike

Call me crazy, but I actually liked last year's Advent Speeder Bike. Compared to 2013's Jango Rocket Sled and this year's upcoming sled (I won't spoil it, but trust me, it sucks), the Speeder Bike was cute and very Star Wars-y. Still, I admit it lacks some accuracy. So here's a quick fix. You need:

- One 2 x 2 black plate

- One 2 x 2 black plate with axles

- One 4 x 4 reddish brown plate

- Two light bley bent droid arms

- Two light bley nozzles

- Two reddish brown cheese slopes.M

Modify as seen below.

DSC06692_zps5dgzvqdy.jpg

There. I think this gets it much more film-accurate while still retaining that chibi-look. If you didn't disassemble your AC speeder for parts, I think you'll be much happier with these mods. Hope it helps.

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

You know, I kinda like this thing. For an advent calender build with slight mods, it look pretty accurate. I really like the idea of taking a mini build like this and modifying it. Do you have any plans for more like this?

You know, I kinda like this thing. For an advent calender build with slight mods, it look pretty accurate. I really like the idea of taking a mini build like this and modifying it. Do you have any plans for more like this?

I have vague plans to the extent that I'd like to build more AC-compatible stuff, particuarly since the ACs will probably be focused on TFA after this year. I want more microbuilds--I'd particularly like to build a B-Wing if I can figure out how to pull it off in microscale. I'm not sure what else there is to mod from the prior calendars. 2011's came with a walker for Nute Gunray which was spot-on. I don't remember 2012 having anything. 2013 had Jango's sled, but it didn't resemble anything so I really can't mod something from nothing. And this year has...something pretty lousy, which again, I don't think is worth modding.

Do you have any requests?

I have vague plans to the extent that I'd like to build more AC-compatible stuff, particuarly since the ACs will probably be focused on TFA after this year. I want more microbuilds--I'd particularly like to build a B-Wing if I can figure out how to pull it off in microscale. I'm not sure what else there is to mod from the prior calendars. 2011's came with a walker for Nute Gunray which was spot-on. I don't remember 2012 having anything. 2013 had Jango's sled, but it didn't resemble anything so I really can't mod something from nothing. And this year has...something pretty lousy, which again, I don't think is worth modding.

Do you have any requests?

No, not really. I was just wondering.