Walter Kovacs

Unrest in the Forest - Day 5: A Farewell to Kings

If they're inspiring you to dream about multiple factions then I'd say you might want to leave the alarm clocks alone. The SK theory seems more reasonable to me now that we know that the vig stayed in one night. Maggie seems like one of the least interesting scum targets given how little she contributed. It does beg the question of nights 1 and 2 when there was just 2 kills each and we know that the vig was successful on both occasions.

Tunnel vision? :wacko: I admit I get tunnel vision. Case in point, my Hammerer theory. :wacko: But, have you noticed this day thread is only 5 pages long? I've been swamped with school and haven't had the time to dig in the way I have in previous days. I haven't had enough time to really tunnel my vision on anything but I think Sammy makes a great point. You, Nash and Sue have been wrapped up in a little triangle of unjustified and seemingly half-hearted accusations. The dead Scum and Berty seem to have engaged in similar behavior. I think we have a good trail of bread crumbs to follow here. During the night I'd like to look back and analyze everyone's reactions to Barry's weird claim.

Speaking of Barry, somebody was confused about this in private and I wanted to clarify in case anybody else was confused, there is a serial killer among us. At least that's what it appears. Who knows what is possible in Stump-land? But Occam's Razor, we have a serial killer. There was a third kill on Night 3, Barry's killer (not Bobby, the vig killed Bobby). And last night, the vig did not kill and I can't imagine the Scum took out Maggie who had a good amount of suspicion revolving around her inactivity.

Checking the rules:

It doesn't say we need to kill off the Maples and any third-party, so the SK can win with either side. Right now, that's bad news for us if we get down to six people with three Scum left, the existence of a Serial Killer tips the Scum number above ours. If we lynch another Scum today, SK please come into the light, we can give you some targets to speed us towards our win. :grin:

This has been bouncing around in my head all night and there are other possibilities. Hell, two investigators, stumps... :wacko: I mulled around the possibility that there are two Scum factions. The Maples and some sort of rouge[sic] tree. Without alignments revealed we wouldn't know we had two sets of enemies and they wouldn't know at first. On Day Two when Alastair wasn't revealed, one Scum team would realize the Scum don't get revealed and the other faction would wonder "Why the hell would the Town have a janitor?" I even thought maybe Chester and Hazel were on opposite sides and they had used their role cop on Chester and that's why Hazel and Berty were so persistent about lynching him. Bus an unknown Scum team to appear like Townies. Berty's post about me leading two bandwagons on Oaks still bugs me. Like lynching Chester was going to guarantee a non-stump in the morning.

But, I think that theory belongs up on a shelf with my Hammerer theory. :blush: These sort of drifting-off thoughts are the reason I wake up thinking one of my alarm clocks is lying to me and I have to figure out which one. :snicker:

As far as I'm aware, Alastair was the only one of the maples so far to have exhibited this behaviour. Can you point out any evidence of Hazel, Barry or Berty doing this too? Because at the moment I can't find any. Based on Alastair's one action, you think that Sue, Nash and I have deliberately poked at each other to distance ourselves from one another? Even though thus far, we don't seem to have poked any of the confirmed maples?

I was under the impression that the town never had to kill off the neutrals in order to win. In past lives, the rules have never specified that neutrals need to be killed for a side to win. Mafiascum seems to say that SKs usually need to be killed, but that's news to me...

As far as I'm aware, Alastair was the only one of the maples so far to have exhibited this behaviour. Can you point out any evidence of Hazel, Barry or Berty doing this too? Because at the moment I can't find any. Based on Alastair's one action, you think that Sue, Nash and I have deliberately poked at each other to distance ourselves from one another? Even though thus far, we don't seem to have poked any of the confirmed maples?

Without the time to look into it, I thought that was what I remembered. Sammy's posts seemed to suggest so as well. I remember a conflict involving Alastair and Hazel. Berty had been poking Hazel until desperately jumping to her defense. I'm not convinced of anything. It's similar behavior which could indicate an overall strategy. I know that once it feels easy, that's when a Town can lose. We need to keep our guard up. That breadcrumb trail I keep referring too may be completely misread. It may lead to a candy house with a witch inside who wants to fatten us up and put us in the oven... sorry, took the metaphor too far. You've done a lot to get the Town organized on the codes, fantastic. That seems like a Townie thing to do, but boy this wine sure is tasty! :laugh: Any ideas where else we should be looking?

I was under the impression that the town never had to kill off the neutrals in order to win. In past lives, the rules have never specified that neutrals need to be killed for a side to win. Mafiascum seems to say that SKs usually need to be killed, but that's news to me...

I've hosted games where the Town can't win unless they find the Serial Killer. In those instances I've put in the rules "to win, Town must kill all the Scum and any third-party". I was under the impression it was standard to differentiate.