Tomsche

Retro build: the 6890 Cosmic Cruiser

This is perhaps THE Lego set that has had the most influence on my youthfull brain. At around age 5, when it was released, it must be one of the first sets I ever got, and I loved it.

IMAG1941_zps749ca854.jpg

Many an heroic space battle has been fought by this ship, and I just loved the hover bike that was stored in the back. This is my personal Galactic Explorer, my `starter` into Lego

Having gotten hold of an original instruction, and having been able to find back all the pieces (yeah, some logos are bit faded, but considering it`s 30+ years of age as it was released back in 1982...), I sat down today and restored this icon of my youth to it`s prideful glory.

For further ramblings on the actual build, they can be found on my bloggy pagey stuffsey

Oh, yes, I remember this. It was great when these spaceships came out!

I loved them but they were soooo expensive...

So, your rendition is well recognisable - maybe you are lucky and able to replace the white parts with grey!

It`s actually not a rendition, but `the real deal` with 30+ year old bricks, i never tossed my Lego out during the dark ages :-)

Ok, I see.

I also kept most of the bricks (i.e. my father kept them in the attic...) but then I was quite disappointed with how esp. the blue and white bricks looked like..

Do you still have a trans-yellowish window?

Ok, I see.

I also kept most of the bricks (i.e. my father kept them in the attic...) but then I was quite disappointed with how esp. the blue and white bricks looked like..

Do you still have a trans-yellowish window?

I'm pretty sure this set came with a trans-blue one. Ahhh the days of mismatched colour schemes...

Enough with the trans-yellow and grey talk, that's not the ONLY Classic Space colour scheme - this is great as is!

It really compliments the Galaxy Commander and All-Terrain Vehicle... I have one of these myself, but I think it's missing a few key pieces. Still need to hit up Bricklink and replace 'em. :)