PUCI

60043 Prisoner Transporter Modification

Greeting,

I am very happy to share my recent modification on the 2014 police series of Prisoner Transporter.

Background

I am usually a fan of Medium size Lego Police vehicle, e.g. 7033 in 2003, 7245 in 2005 , 7286 in 2011. In 2013, I was originally excited to hear from EB forum that a medium size prisoner transporter van would be coming in the 1st wave of 2014, but when I saw the pictures of 60043 Prisoner Transporter, I decided to give it a skip as the outlook of the set wasnt appealing to me (No flashing light bar, not too colourful). Besides, in 2014, we saw a great fleet of city vehicles rolling, hence it gave me further reasons for not picking this set up.

It wasnt until late November 2014 I had a change of heart, after looking at the sets of 2015, both the swamp police and great vehicles, I found a lot of 2015 sets are bulky and related to water, which are not really my cup of tea. Therefore I decided to re-consider 60043, as I began to see a lot of MOD-ability in this set.

I also went on the internet to see pictures of this set, and how did the others view the set. The more I looked to the set, the more I liked it, and I made the purchase in retails, though making modification on this set was always on my mind.

After building according to the instructions, in some ways, I was slightly disappointed about the proportion of the van, as I considered it too short, but then, because I was prepared to be disappointed, I immediately know only by MODding this set would this set feel completed. With a few hours of MODding, I now present you the upgraded Armor Van.

Armor Van / Mod Prisoner Transporter

The actual modification was actually quite straight forward, what you see what you get, the MOD is 1 brick higher than original.

dsc02783.jpg

I decide to maximise the use of flashing light, partial arrow-lightbar at the roof, and the 4 no. of grill/forward light

dsc02802.jpg

dsc02779.jpg

I have yet to form ideas to develop the interior nor replace the funny door at the back, thought I am confident I will come up of a few ideas later, it is currently same as the original.

The new Amour Van shares the same colour scheme (battenburg) as my previous Police Van.

I want to keep the scale (minifig to vehicle) similar to the Sprinter Van similar for display purpose.

dsc02782.jpg

dsc02809.jpg

Scale

On the topic of scale, I found this scale keep the realism while maintaining the feeling of Lego blocks. Over the course of 2014, I made a few MOD to suite this scale, as follows:

dsc02796.jpg

dsc02799.jpg

Thank you for your attention.

Do you have instructions for the police van as my 10yr old autistic son loves it and would like to build it or bye one kind regards silverback