Sign in to follow this  
BlackVagrant

Lego Finance 101

Lego Finance 101  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How do you keep up with the Lego expenses?

• From working income
    • From selling Lego
    • By skipping meals and unnecessary wants
    • Other means
  2. 2. Do you buy 2 or more sets when you see a discount?

3. 3. How often do you regret buying and immediately put it up for sale?

Just a short poll for everyone in EB Forum.

As 2015 kicks in, i see many local Lego stores and mono stores are pretty busy with buyers rushing to get the new 2015 sets and CMF series 13.

I wish i can join them in the sweep, but i'm still pretty much trying to keep my monthly spending within the limits.

So here i am, wondering how do the rest keep up with Lego expenses. :sweet:

:vader:

I have a fun money budget every month for Lego, books and anything else I want. I buy accordingly :)

I have a fun money budget every month for Lego, books and anything else I want. I buy accordingly :)

Good idea to set aside a fixed budget like how we usually do for savings. That way we won't feel bad or guilty and has something to look forward every month on Lego! :grin:

:knight:

Edited by BlackVagrant

The 2nd question doesn't have a clear answer to me because I rarely buy sets, I usually buy parts from BrickLink. It depends solely on the sets and discounts.

And I only buy a set if I really want it, so I don't get to the point where I regret buying any sets since I buy so few.

I love that 3 people actual voted for option three! :laugh: I work and budget out a certain amount of money for genral things, ( I call it the nerd fund!) like food and what not. I also try to put a cap on how many sets per month I get so I don't suffer a influx of bricks.

I spend no money from my "family" budget or income on LEGO. My LEGO hobby is supported 100% by LEGO sales.

This is kind of off-topic, and I was thinking on doing a separate thread, but for those who do buy sets and like to plan, how do you do it? I would like a webpage with all the current sets with prices that I could check off what I want to buy in the new year for budgeting purposes, but I haven't seen anything like that.

There are sets I would be better informed to buy or skip if I could see the whole picture. It would be a bonus if it used the monthly freebees too... I know I am locked into $75 in June for Winter Soldier poly for example.

The hard part is there is still a lot of unknowns though like pictures for the later Superheroes, and actual whole themes - Scooby Doo?!?

I'm thinking it's too difficult to do a yearly budget, maybe quarterly would be doable.

Any advice?