Derfel

Problems using LDD

Having just discovered the time altering properties of LDD and spent much of the weekend building with abandon, I find myself in a muddle.

I couldn't get some parts to fix to the main model as they couldn't align - even though they had previously done so. I found that the main model has veered about 5 deg to the left of true on the underlying grid. I can't find a reset or snap to grid, my saved version has the same problem and I don't know how it crept in there.

Any suggestions??

Derfel.

Try adding some studded bricks to the side of a model and some studded aligned bricks on the base. Now simply grab the whole model and attach it to the alligned studded brick. That should align it. If nothing else help post a link of your file and I will check it out.

Edited by Zblj

Had that problem with a Technic model before. I had to rebuild it right next to the saved model till I found the problem. It was with the "Auto Align" button. Used it and it twisted the model two degrees.

Had that problem with a Technic model before. I had to rebuild it right next to the saved model till I found the problem. It was with the "Auto Align" button. Used it and it twisted the model two degrees.

Yes try to stay away from that broken function...It only works for simple models, for others its better to use normal hinge model.

Try adding some studded bricks to the side of a model and some studded aligned bricks on the base. Now simply grab the whole model and attach it to the alligned studded brick. That should align it. If nothing else help post a link of your file and I will check it out.

Almost worked the whole model snapped back into line, but only in ghost mode it wouldn't connect with the new brick. Where is the alignment function, isn;t it all automatic?

I saw this and thought 'oh no' then I thought hang on 'rebuild!' cool.

If anyone else has this problem in the future - I rebuilt the model next door and slowly dismantled the old one. I erased a section of door and the whole thing snapped into ghost mode, wouldn't stick but at least showed me which part was causing the problem - what happened is while using hinge tool to close a door. I must have hit the align button in error because I had aligned the whole model to the new door's slightly offset angle.

It then crashed trying to sort it out. Easiest just to rebuild - found loads of shortcuts and better bricks.