Sign in to follow this  
Im a brickmaster.

How rare IS the Mask of Time?

I know someone just did this with a transparent Hau, but I am curious. I rechieved a gold mask of time with a few other sets of eBay a couple years ago and I'm not sure of the value. Is there a more valuable version? Thanks!

Golden Vahi was giveavay with a Bionicle comic book (Dark Hunters/Vakama's trippy dreams+Tahtorak) in 2005. That's where I got mine. Bricklink has one for around 13€.

Disk of time was a giveaway on another magazine (Morbuzahk battle/Vahki hunt). They are fairly common with 21 BL entries. The chapest goes for 92 cents.

Edited by Pate-keetongu

The gold Mask of Time and the Disk of Time were both included in the... 400 piece part tub I think? Two of each, I might add. That's where I got mine.

Considering the Orange one was only available through promotions, it seems like it'd be more rare, but I'm not sure how many of each variety were made.

The gold Mask of Time and the Disk of Time were both included in the... 400 piece part tub I think? Two of each, I might add. That's where I got mine.

Considering the Orange one was only available through promotions, it seems like it'd be more rare, but I'm not sure how many of each variety were made.

Just one, but two Disks of Time, at least that's how my tub went. They were also included in some winter promo Vahki sets, used to clear out stock.

These days, whenever they're actually available, around ten bucks is what I've seen them go for. I just got one recently... but it was a gift =P (very bendable, those Vahi).

Yeah I had gotten two of the golden vahi and two disks in the tub, though I have no idea where my other vahi went. My stupid younger self didn't realize what it was and misplaced it I guess.

Golden Mask of Time is worth more. The Orange one was given away a lot, but the Golden Vahi was only found in some Vahi sets (with a disk of time) and the 400 piece tub.

Yeah I had gotten two of the golden vahi and two disks in the tub, though I have no idea where my other vahi went. My stupid younger self didn't realize what it was and misplaced it I guess.

I also got this. I did not realize it had gone up in value...too bad mine have bend marks.

Edited by Master_Data

I purchased several of the 400+ accessory tubs and they each came with two each of the gold vahi and mask of time. I have far more golds than orange ones. Id say the orange vahi is the more rare of the two. Even though they were promotional with vahki sets, I never saw one of those sets where I live.

The Gold Vahi was also packed with specially-marked Vahki sold at Target, with the Disk of Time replacing the set's respective Kanoka.

Edited by Hot Shot

Too bad there werent target stores in alaska at that time... id have loaded up on hem vahki! Good to know. I still think the orange one is a bit more rare.

The orange one is definitely more rare. Anything offered through actual broad retail channels like the gold one is going to be easier to come by than store-specific promotions.