Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #115: The Tale of One Bleach Too Many

Keying in the correct combination, Vindsval grips the steel wheel of the door and gives it a turn. The tumblers click and fall into position, the door unlocking and opening.

Is there anything the party would like to do before they proceed into the quarantine for the Twisted Rosalia disease?

Vindsval heaves a sigh. Word games, while a favorite of his fathers, were never his specialty.

Wanderer guide me an protect me, let me not stray from the path into the darkness beyond. Light my way. He prays as he ENTERS THE ROSALIA QUARANTINE ROOM.

15358566968_4305524b2c_o.jpg

"Be on the lookout, who knows what we'll find in here. And don't touch anything, I don't know much about diseases other than we could die. As long as we have each others' back, we should get through there no problem."

Salt-Upon-Wounds follows Vindsval into The Rosalia Quarantine Room.

The door opened and the path forward clear, the party steps inside...

Q9K7vEu.png

A glass case, locked as tight as can be, a decayed corpse of a verminous rat sitting inside the glass. It's body is obscured by mildew and disease clouding up the cage, this despicable brial the source of the awful smell throughout. The party can feel their skin writhe and shiver, the two heroes desperately hoping that Twisted Rosalia wasn't sinking into their blood. Their source of dread is confirmed to be coming from a second force, as well, as the angered voice of a child rings out in the air. This time however it sounds deeper, clearer than ever, the party perhaps getting through to him... And yet, he sounded as distraught and furious as ever, his spectral tantrums becoming grim and menacing. The spirit of Isaac ushers in a cold chill, the burst of air slamming the door shut behind the party...

"dOc -daDdy - aNd mOmmy oNce tOld mE a sTory frOm eNNoc's bOOk. iT waS abOut a liTTle bOy wHo haD tO be saCrificEdd caUse soMething moRE imPortaNt thAn all Of theM saId sO, aNd he toLd hiS daDDy to dO it, bUt insTead the daDDy saCrifIced a... A..."

What will the party do?!

He sacrificed a ram Small One, the Daddy sacrificed a ram. The Great Watcher from Above stopped the daddy from hurting his boy, because he knew how much the daddy loved the boy. Do you remember that part of the story Child, the part of a fathers love?

"I... I dO reMemBeR tHAT... buT thAt dIdn't haPpen fOr Me! WhY...? hE DidN't sTop< he dIdn't stOp, hE lOved mE bUt he DidN't sToP... wHy?!"

Sometimes daddy's have to make very hard choices. My father took me away from every home I ever had. I was always alone, no friends, no mother. He hurt me to help me. What did your father do young one? Did he hurt you to try to save someone else? Maybe to save your mother?

"Was your father possessed by magic or his mind corrupted by demons? Either way, we'll see that there is justice for you even in the afterlife. No one should be deprived of life, even at a young age."

OoC: Right now, my mind is all over the place but, just to be clear, Jonathan Gryphinn is the father of Isaac, the child spirit?

Watch your tongue salt-upon-wounds. Vindsval growls at his companion. We know not the boys state, if he is indeed of the spirit it may be a poor decision to make that state known to him. We know the boy can be violent, and create "friends." I do not wish to confront more limitless foes.

Isaac, tell me your story young one. Vindsval softens his voice as much as his massive bulk will allow. Help me to understand, to help you.

"You are betraying Isaac by lying to him. He must understand the truth and learn to deal with it. Vindsval, we must help him out and let him rest in peace. I know Jonathan hired us but the only way to figure out what happened to Isaac is to be honest to him. I don't want to deal with more conjured beasts as much as you do."

"Now, Isaac, what exactly did your father sacrifice and why?"

"hE saCrifIced evEryThinG! he gaVe iT aLl Up, aLl exCept hIs worK, tO saVe mOmmy - bUt mOmmy is, Was, dEaD! tHen wHy iS tHis haPpening? Is iT hIs faUlt, or mIne? iS thEre soMethinG wRong wIth mE!

IT"S aLL becAuse of thaT siCkness! ThE RosaLIA! I haTe iT! iT toOk aWay mY moMMy and My DaddY! i hAte iT! I HATE IT!"

Isaac's wails cause a cacophony of sounds to ring off in the room, a horrible green smoke whipping around the duo, tearing through the walls and leaving shred makrs. it begins to take shape and form, a set of hooves appearing from the green mist. Skeletal legs extend from the four feet, the rib cage of the beast forming above that. It's head, unleashing a raspy roar, takes shape... And lastly, a harness, holding a gaunt figure. He stares at the heroes with insanity, a hood of smog and sickness surrounding his head. With the steed and rider manifested, the horse rears up and slams down its front two hooves, the impact nearly toppling the heroes.

gS69w9g.png

Efb9TrH.png

"Pestilence, my daddy called it, the Rosalia. Pestilence...!"

Will the party say or do anything before the final battle?

"Don't worry, Isaac, it is not your fault. Your father should have given up on his work to support you and your mother. Now is your time to stand up to the Rosalia Pestilence, for both your mother and father. It must not harm anyone else. So what do you say, Isaac, care to help us defeat tyrannical plague once and for all?"

"Vindsval, we mustn't let the Rosalia Pestilence escape, we have to defeat it once and for all. Not only for us to but Isaac and his family and the safety for Olegaia. Just imagine the havoc it will wreak on everyone if it wins. Vindsval, let's do this. Are you ready?"

By the Wanderer. What has this boy endured to cause this insanity? Isaac, I do not wish to hurt you. Do not make me fight you. I cannot allow this Pestilence to spread to the city beyond this home. Help us defeat it.

Vindsval attempts to get through to the boy one last time. He knows in his heart of hearts the boy is beyond reasoning with pain and guilt, But it is not within him to strike at a child if it can be avoided, no matter what state the child is in.

He hangs his Spark hammer from his belt and Equips his Broomstick (WP 7 Ranged). He then reaches into a pouch and Drinks down a Mead in preparation of battle.

Edited by Asphalt

Efb9TrH.png

"The Rosalia... The pestilence. Kill it. Kill it. Kill it! Kill me!"

The steed howls once more before the Pestilence rushes into battle.

Efb9TrH.png

Pestilence, Horseman Of The Apocalypse. Level ?? Ancient *Poison 99!*

HP: 113/113

Specials:

Plague: Pestilence inflicts Poison 2 to both heroes.

Fatal Cut: Pestilence swings his scythe, reducing the hero who rolled Special damage to 2 HP.

Specials alternate.

Passive Specials:

Rosalia Resurrection: Poison heals Pestilence!

Rage: When his steed his alive, Pestilence's level is equal to the attacking hero's level x3. If his steed is dead, his level is equal to the attacking hero's level x4.

Drops:

Toxic Hood, Dire Jade (Worth 75 gold), Deadly Poison x2

0b61tYT.png

Steed of Pestilence, Level 10 Ancient *Poison 5!*

HP: 20/20

Specials:

Sickly Stampede: The Steed of Pestilence mows down the hero who rolled Special Damage, inflicting the Poison 4 effect.

Passive Specials:

Rosalia Resurrection: Poison heals Pestilence's steed!

Rosalia Reincarnation: Upon being defeated, whoever slayed the steed receives the remedy it holds. It will return at the end of the next round with another remedy.

Drops:

Remedy

face10.jpg

Vindsval Half-born (Immune to Fire) (Asphalt) *Encouraged!*

37 year old, Male, Half Giant, Cleric (immune to Sealed effect)

Level: 7

Power: 14 (6+8) (x2 VS Aquatic, Flying, and Mechanical)

Defense: 3 (Fiery Robes of the Archmagi)

Health: 15/15 (9+6)

Ether: 14/16 (6+5+5)

Gold: 32

Equipment: (WP:7, ranged; suitable for mages, clerics, artisans and necromancers)

Fiery Robes of the Archmagi (SP:3 Bodywear +5 Ether, immunity to Sealed Effect and Fire)

Inventory:

Consumables: Remedy X4 , Potion X3, Smoke Bomb X2, Mead X2, Tonic x3, Grating Stone

Tools: Bed Roll

Weapons: Spark Hammer (WP:8, (X2 against Aquatic, Flying, and Mechanical) lightning-elemental hammer)

Artefacts: Tailored Overcoat (SP: 1; Immunity to wind-, earth-, and water- damage; suitable for rangers, rogues, hunters, and beast warriors; back wear)

15358566968_4305524b2c_o.jpg Salt-Upon-Wounds (Goliath)

33 year old Male Hobgoblin Barbarian

Level: 3

Power: 6

Health: 7/10

Gold: 35

Equipment: Sturdy Spear (WP: 3)

Inventory: Mead, Potion x4, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

We will Isaac, we will.

Salt-Upon-Wounds There are two of us and two of them. We cannot afford to allow them free reign on this battle. I will concentrate on the Pestilence, can you take the steed?

Vindsval

Attacks the Pestilence From Back row with Broom Stick.

OOC: Goliath, go ahead and post the battle order. This will be my last post until tonight, I am hitting the road shortly. Endgame, Vindsval lent SUW the Static Staff before the last battle so he should have a WP of 4. Also, its a a minor point, but I should have only 25 gold, 6 potions, and only 1 mead left. I spent 7 gold on the decamon tourney, picked up 2 potions and traded a card for a third, and drank a mead before the battle. Have a good day guys, I will see you after dinner.

"Sure thang!"

Salt-Upon-Wounds attacks the Steed of Pestilence from Back Row with Static Staff.

Attack Order

1. Salt-Upon-Wounds Attack Pestilence Steed, Back Row, Static STaff

2. Vindsval Attack Pesilence, Back Row, Broom Stick

OK I'm Back.

Round One:

>Salt Upon Wounds VS The Steed (back): Shield: Battle Frenzy (4+3=7/2=4 damage to both enemies)

>Vindsval VS Pesielnce (back): Critical Hit (7x3=21+7=28x2=56 damage)

The party bombbards pestilence and his steed, but the poison flowing through their veins heals their wounds almost instantly. It didn't work!

Efb9TrH.png"The pestilence... It grows, it multiplies... It mends only its own wounds..."

Pestilence, Horseman Of The Apocalypse. Level ?? Ancient *Poison 99!*

Specials:

Fatal Cut: Pestilence swings his scythe, reducing the hero who rolled Special damage to 2 HP.

Specials alternate.

Passive Specials:

Rage: When his steed his alive, Pestilence's level is equal to the attacking hero's level x3. If his steed is dead, his level is equal to the attacking hero's level x4.

Drops:

0b61tYT.png

Steed of Pestilence, Level 10 Ancient *Poison 5!*

Specials:

Sickly Stampede: The Steed of Pestilence mows down the hero who rolled Special Damage, inflicting the Poison 4 effect.

Passive Specials:

Rosalia Reincarnation: Upon being defeated, whoever slayed the steed receives the remedy it holds. It will return at the end of the next round with another remedy.

Drops:

Remedy

face10.jpg

Health: 15/15 (9+6)

Equipment: Broomstick (WP:7, ranged; suitable for mages, clerics, artisans and necromancers)

Fiery Robes of the Archmagi (SP:3 Bodywear +5 Ether, immunity to Sealed Effect and Fire)

Inventory:

Consumables: Remedy X4 , Potion X3, Smoke Bomb X2, Mead X2, Tonic x3, Grating Stone

Weapons: Spark Hammer (WP:8, (X2 against Aquatic, Flying, and Mechanical) lightning-elemental hammer)

Artefacts: Tailored Overcoat (SP: 1; Immunity to wind-, earth-, and water- damage; suitable for rangers, rogues, hunters, and beast warriors; back wear)

Health: 7/10

Inventory: Mead, Potion x4, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

Vindsval looks on aghast as the horrific wounds they inflicted close without a trace.

We need to try something different salt-upon-wounds. Brute force seems not to be the answer.

use Remedy on Pestilence from the Back Row.

OOC: Goliath, healing harms the undead, lets see if remedy will harm living poison.

Edited by Asphalt

"Alright, it's worth a shot. I'll do the same."

Salt-Upon-Wounds uses Remedy on Steed of Pestilence from Back Row.

Battle Order

1. Salt-Upon-Wounds, Remedy on Steed, From Back Row

2. Vindsval, Remedy on Pestilence, From Back Row

Round Two:

>Salt Upon Wounds remedies The Steed (back)

>Vindsval remedies Pestilence (back)

>Pestilence VS Salt Upon Wounds (back): 3x3=9/2=5 damage

>The Steed VS Vindsval (back): 10/2=5-3=2 damage

Vindsval and Salt undo the creature's healing abilities by splashing it with remedies.

Efb9TrH.png"The regeneration, it's gone..."

Pestilence, Horseman Of The Apocalypse. Level ?? Ancient

Specials:

Specials alternate.

Passive Specials:

Drops:

0b61tYT.png

Steed of Pestilence, Level 10 Ancient

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Drops:

Remedy

face10.jpg

Health: 13/15 (9+6)

Equipment: Broomstick (WP:7, ranged; suitable for mages, clerics, artisans and necromancers)

Inventory:

Consumables: Remedy X3 , Potion X3, Smoke Bomb X2, Mead X2, Tonic x3, Grating Stone

Health: 2/10

Inventory: Mead, Potion x4, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

Press On Earthbound. Strike before they can recover their abilities.

Vindsval throws his Broomstick at the Pestilence.

Attack Pestilence, with Broomstick, from Back Row.

OOC: Goliath, you know you only do half damage from the back row right? Without a ranged weapon it benefits the fight most for warriors to attack from the front. AS long as there aren't a lot of free hits going around you should be alright unless you really get a bad roll.

"I need to heal up, hold on."

Salt-Upon-Wounds uses Potion from Back Row.

OoC: I didn't know about that, thanks for letting me know. I'll do that for my next attack.

Battle order

1 Vindsval attacks Pesilence from the back row with broomstick

2. SUP uses potion on self from back row.