Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #115: The Tale of One Bleach Too Many

15358566968_4305524b2c_o.jpg

"All I can think of is that mold spreads in areas like this - warm, damp, and humid. From what I've seen and read, mold typically grows near greenhouses, farms, and construction sights. Believe me, I can go on about locations but those are a few. But I'm curious to find out where the pipes lead since we know that because of the broken pipe and temperature of the room, that's what's causing the mold to grow."

The Half Giant Moves to the table to the left of the door and Examines the the box and pile of materials on it.

The table to the left is moist and damp from the dripping pipe above it. Examining the tale, he finds a stack of papers, the ink smudged and ruined by the dripping water. Vindsval finds but one paper not ruined by the water:

After infecting a rat with the Twisted Rosalia virus, I have chosen to quarantine the infected specimen in a cage and further blockading it behind a locked door. That illness must never again afflict another soul. Even as I write this, I can hear my poor Maria moan and suffer. i have done my best, my it seems my best would not be enough. I must work harder.

I have impirnted upon isaac that no one, especially him, must never breach that door. The damn lock clicks whenever even a fraction of the right combination is entered, but I highly doubt that anyone will ever be able to crack it. Isaac will try, but the the poor boy is lacking in wits. Even at the age of six he struggles despite my tutoring...

I fear his early years in this graveyard of projects may have damaged him, but he is at least healthy. My wife is not, and I must do all I can to save her.

It seems as though the party could breach through the locked door and confront what may be the source of Isaac's rage if they could only force the lock.

Twisted Rosalia Virus, what by the Nine Path's is that and what was the doctor doing intentionally making things, even rats, ill with it? The boy Isaac has seen many horrors here. But still nothing to point to his fate, or why the creatures of this pit speak with his voice. We must press onward.

Vindsval moves to the door and gives the wheel a tentative spin to the right. He moves wit slowly and cocks an ear to listen for the click the doctor spoke of.

It would seem that the wheel was merely a way of confirming input - instead, a series of small buttons on the center of the wheel were to enter a password.

The password, judging by the lock's design, was 7 letters long. Judging by the keypad, there were no numbers, and no case sensitivty.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

What combinations will the party try?

QM Note: Answers will be responded to in a format of:

-How many correct letters in the wrong position

and

-How many correct letters in the correct position

Hmm, curious.

Vindsval looks at the keypad and then at his enormous clawed fingers. He takes the gently uses the tip of one talon to type in

R O S A L I A

Vindsval keys in his first guess and presses his ear to the door, listening to the clicking and whirring of the door.

1 letter right, wrong position.

This is going to be a long day. He tries again this time keying in...

G R Y P H I N

Edited by Asphalt

Vindsval tries once again...

One correct letter in the correct place.

Two correct letters in incorrect places.

Another input, another listening to clicking...

One correct letter in the correct spot.

One correct letter in the incorrect spot.

OOC: I am so bad at puzzles like this.

ROSALIA - one letter wrong spot

GRYPHIN- One Letter Right SPot, 2 Wrong Spot (Confirmed letter I)

HEROICA - One Letter Correct Spot 1 Wrong Spot

Let us Try

R A B B I E S

Vindsval, having confirmed part of the code, chooses to experiment to try and crack open the door.

One correct letter in the correct spot.

Two correct letters in the incorrect spots.

ROSALIA - one letter wrong spot

RABIES - One Letter Correct Spot 2 Wrong Spot (Confirm Letter I is 4th letter, Confirm R?)

The Aggravated Giant continues to peck at the keypad.

F O R G I V E

Three correct letters, all in the wrong spot.

ROSALIA - one letter wrong spot Elimate R, O, S, A, L

RABBIES - One Letter Correct Spot 2 Wrong Spot (Confirm Letter I is 4th letter, Confirm R?) Wait no R A or S Leaves B I E

FORGIVE- Three wrong Spot (confirm G?) Possible B I E G Maybe

This is wearying, This may drive me as mad as the good Doctor.

He Types another set of letters.

G E N I T O R

Edited by Asphalt

Vindsval makes some serious progress!

Four correct letters in the correct position!

Vindsval gets the same result: Four correct letters in the correct spot.

Vindsval keys in the new combination and gets the same result, confirming the first four letters to be "Gene".

Throwing that out there, since I for some reason thought you said "genetor" instead of "genitor" and made the same mistake three times over... I'm sorry for the mistake, that was an inexsusable slip on my part.

Edited by Endgame

Vindsval gets even closer, with five letters in the correct positions.

Progress creeps backwards, the number of correct letters in correct postions dropping to four. There were no correct letters in incorrect positions.