Sign in to follow this  
Pyf

The Gloomy Isles- Avalonia Task 1, 2 and 3

Price Pyfrael is the heir apparent to the Rising Sun Clan. The Clan under his father’s leadership rules over the Gloomy Isles. They are a group of small islands surrounding the clan’s main island, the Green Summer Island.

th_home_zpsdec9eb4a.png

It is interesting to note that it is fairly difficult the main island, as it's belt of small islands is also home to many dangerous animals and there are only few save approaches for boats. The islands are covered in dense forests and steep cliffs can be found along their shores. The many small islands surrounding the Green Summer Island are covered with small villages, which make their livelihood out of fishing and the collecting and growing of seaweeds, the main food resource of the gloomy islands.

The main population of the islands once consisted of Elves. However, they have welcomed anyone looking for a save home. Today there live many men, dwarfs and others on the island. They are considered as much part of the Rising Sun Clan as the elves and abide to the rule of the clans royal family.

th_DE3AF206-D8A0-40DE-8C92-4F971009C5B0_zps6lwnouth.jpg -Townfolk of the Gloomy Isles

Prince Pyfraels current task is to travel the clans land and visit and inspect the many small villages on the islands and their shores. He does so accompanied by his faithful retinue of Clan Guards.

Here he can be seen to inspect one of the many small outposts on the shorelines of Gloomy Isles.

th_AA9190B3-AEFE-4D65-A678-0FB94A3AE160_zps1qhztj4r.jpg th_535C1EE8-548E-4BB0-AA50-F790641FBA87_zpsmbmmtt63.jpg th_A73BA64B-F911-4E0D-8BFB-EDC28D3C1CA4_zps72nxjhmv.jpg

He can also be found inspecting the village of Doomington, one of the many small hmalets occupying the Gloomy Isles’ smaller islands. It is composed of a seaweed farm, a woodcutter, a small watchtower and an Inn build on a boat that has been cast ashore and also houses a general store.

th_IMG_0427_zpse839cdf7.jpg th_IMG_0424_zpsca1c231e.jpg th_imagejpg1_zpsb558c4be.jpg

A. Places:

Island village - Doomington

The Black Tower – Royal Fortress (WIP)

​B. Society & Culture

· A strong feeling towards the Avalonian laws, lords and their beliefs.

· All races are treated equal, they follow the clan’s elvish royal family. Even orcs can be found among the citizens.

· Mostly forests and cliffs, some flatlands with farmland.

· Slavery is against human rights.

· Seasonal Feasts:

1) New Year

2) The Happening, a ceremony where the lads that have reached adulthood pledge their brotherhood

3) The Royal Birthday, official birthday of the current ruler.

· Magic is common and mainly used by members of the order, the military wing of the clan’s army.

· They tend to be self-sufficient, professions vary from fishermen, farmers, woodworkers, miners and smiths.

· Traderoutes to Avalonia, Kaliphlin and Midgardia.

The Gloomy Isles supply food, potions made from their various seaweed and metals.

C. Ruling class

The Royal family of the Rising Sun Clan:

th_imagejpg4_zps9fb69987.jpg - Prince Pyfrael in ceremonial armour.

th_B687C29A-7070-48F0-B148-69326733E8FA_zpsuenukxc9.jpg

The Royal Family can bee seen. From left to right: Prince Pyfrael dressed in normal army robes, his sister Princess Larya, King Pyrrehel I., Lord Tramere, Pyfrael's uncle.

D. Important persons and heroes

th_45FFACFF-6240-473E-A696-98125505E97F_zpstiltwg83.jpg

Auriel Sunleave, Commander in the Clan army and in Prince Pyfraels entourage, together with the half-elf Costa and regular soldiers.

th_6C72D69F-DCFD-4C86-9618-5C85F3840A75_zpsd4m22dw6.jpg

The half-elf Costa.

E. Rising Sun Clan army

th_E0C94764-0221-4B0F-ACBB-C731A4A4B49E_zpskcrdi2b7.jpg

Royal army troops. Light Infantry can be seen on the right.

th_93BCA3C7-5D19-4665-AF40-191F7139DEFF_zpsnzzdsuvo.jpg

Mercenaries.

Nice, love the buildings, however most of the characters are LOTR or hobbit ones. You could swap around the bodies to vary it a little, it's up to you though.

Nice, love the buildings, however most of the characters are LOTR or hobbit ones. You could swap around the bodies to vary it a little, it's up to you though.

Hi thanks for your comment. Concerning the figures and future buildings, the problem is that the absolute majority of my lego is in a different country from where I am. Hence, I am very limited in what I can do atm. And even then, most of my lego is a bit older and I haven't got that much to build with.

Nice work with this. Perhaps you could make the pictures a little bigger and change the figs so they aren't all lotr though.

Great to see that more people are using my definition of half-elf as a yellow elf! :classic: