Sign in to follow this  
Fordo

American Revolution Scenery, Armies, and Wargame

Since this is basically a wargame I should go in the Wargame fourm but we could also discuss the scenery like the buildings and the wall and the army so if it fits better there feel free to move it.

I really like this battle pretty cool to follow and see people war game these.

Here's the link to the Gallery

dsc03095.jpg

dsc03132.jpg

dsc03135.jpg

AH, wonderful! I've been waiting too long for an American Revolution MOC, and I've been too preoccupied lately to make one myself. Nice stone wall! X-D (I'm not really into wargames)

Since this is basically a wargame I should go in the Wargame fourm but we could also discuss the scenery like the buildings and the wall and the army so if it fits better there feel free to move it.

If you want to discuss the MOC aspect of images then we can move them to the Pirate MOC Forum and they'll fit in nicely.

Very nice. I am wondering, why are the leuteniants (the ones with pikes) not in the front of the formation?

Very nice. I am wondering, why are the leuteniants (the ones with pikes) not in the front of the formation?

I can answer that one. I was at that game, and wrote the scenario. The BrikWars rules for squads call for a standard of some sort to be near the center of the squad's baseplate. Measurements for movement and line of sight are then measured from the standard. For the British troops, the pikes stood out well enough to make excellent standards.

There's an after-game write up on Lugnet:

Battle Road

The tavern in the photos came apart in three sections (roof, second floor, first floor), so that Troopers could be moved inside if needed.

If there are any questions about the MOCs on the battlefield, or about the game itself, feel free to ask.

-Elroy

I've got a question how come in the first picture there is a squad with gray backpacks and then a sqaud with Shako's and during the rest of the game I don't see them were there to many british? Or did you just switch the gear off to make them the same as the other troops?

I've got a question how come in the first picture there is a squad with gray backpacks and then a sqaud with Shako's and during the rest of the game I don't see them were there to many british? Or did you just switch the gear off to make them the same as the other troops?

We had an overwhelming number of British troops. We decided to keep the number of troops on each side more or less equal, so we ended up using about 40 figs per team. The troops in the backpacks and Shakos belonged to another player. Those used for the actual game were mine.

I actually made a few attempts at building the tall fur hats that the troops wore at the actual Battle Road, but I didn't have much luck. I settled on the tricorns to keep the troops consistent.

-Elroy

Sure is thats pretty cool its probably a decal or sticker.

Hm, Mister Phes I'm just curious why this is in Pirate MOCs? Wouldn't it belong in the history forum? There could always be some pirate aspect I'm missing, so that's why I ask

Hm, Mister Phes I'm just curious why this is in Pirate MOCs? Wouldn't it belong in the history forum? There could always be some pirate aspect I'm missing, so that's why I ask

Well, scince the desrption says: "Napoleonic Wars" I would hazard a guess at this: The French Revolution/ Napoleoic Wars were in the same time period as the Amerian Revolution, only 20 years apart, so that may be right.

Well, scince the desrption says: "Napoleonic Wars" I would hazard a guess at this: The French Revolution/ Napoleoic Wars were in the same time period as the Amerian Revolution, only 20 years apart, so that may be right.

Hm, I guess so, though since this topic is about the American Revolution I figured it would go in History, but Mister Phes knows what he's doing :-P Just curious about why, thanks

Hm, I guess so, though since this topic is about the American Revolution I figured it would go in History, but Mister Phes knows what he's doing :-P Just curious about why, thanks

Well, apoun closer inspection it would seem that the description also states: " Colonial History", which works because America was a colony at one point in history.

Where did you find that picture of the Red Imperial Soldier's flag Mr. Norrington?

Ah, now I see somehow I missed that :-$

Although the Commodore intended to type "BS folder", not "BL folder".

It was unanimously agreed months ago that MOCs containing Imperial Guard mini-figures would go in the Pirate MOC Forum. Well not quite unanimous because I was the only thought they should go in the History & Adventure forum, but I can see how it would be confusing if an Imperial Guard based MOC was posted in there.

Anyway, most users seem happy with the current arrangement (or they wrote anything to the contrary) so theres no need to go moving the threads.