Sign in to follow this  
Manx

[SoNE Free build] Herd Mother

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Once, Manx had a friend on Tatooine. His name was Ketwol. He had an old piece of junk, Herd Mother and altough, he drove a lot with it, Herd Mother was given little care.

Size:

Lenght: 22 studs

Wing with body and engines: 34 studs

High: 7 studs

Power:

2 big engines, 1 small

Capacity:

Pilot and some cargo

Weapons:

One cannon (on wing)

2014-01-11_17.23.12.jpg

2014-01-11_17.23.38.jpg

2014-01-11_17.24.45.jpg

2014-01-11_17.24.57.jpg

2014-01-11_17.25.19.jpg

2014-01-11_17.28.36.jpg

Sadly, this MOC has no minifig in it, but if Ketwol is one of minifigs in up-coming Cantina, I will add new pictures!

Please, score this free-build.

Nice! This ship is really good. The color scheme works well and I really like the greebling!

Good improvement over your last freighter. :classic: The color scheme is a lot better, and the weathering looks more refined and less haphazard.

The placement of the wing on this one kind of bugs me; it kind of looks tacked on because of how far back it is, how it connects right to the underside of the ship, and how it thins out where it connects to the hull. I'd move it a little forward and a little higher, and maybe add some struts connecting it to the hull.

Thanks! Well, I took your advice seriously and updated the ship:

2014-01-12_09.45.52.jpg

2014-01-12_09.46.45.jpg

2014-01-12_09.47.21.jpg

Edited by Manx

Moving that wing really improved the overall look of the ship! Nice work!

I like your new wing placement and the greebling on the engine segment is well done. Just as a suggestion, even if you don't have the minifig you need, you might want to include your own sigfig in a shot to help judges better appreciate the scale of the ship and how it relates to your character.

As for the wing arrangement, in real aircraft, the center of gravity, or point at which the craft will balance on its nose-to-tail axis, is often situated as close as possible to the wing, where lift is generated. In practice, this helps make the aircraft more stable and controllable in flight. While sci-fi ships don't necessarily have to follow this rule, a fair number do (A-wing, X-wing, Y-Wing, etc.) since it generally looks more visually balanced to the eye. I like this one wing theme you have going, keep up the good work! :classic:

Edited by nematode

The Twilight meets Slave II, I like! Does it have any play features?

Thanks, everyone!

Nematode - I'm posting some pictures of ship with it's owner!

khatmorg - No, there are no play features (except maybe the rotating gun and movable parts ...)

Here's comparison - minifig with ship:

2014-01-13_16.04.06.jpg

Backside with engine and trunk:

2014-01-13_16.15.34.jpg

Minifig in cockpit:

2014-01-13_16.08.57.jpg

Ketwol was a Pachitip. Those are strange pachiderm-looking aliens with very small legs and big head with tusks and trunk. It is really hard to make Pachitip in Lego form if you have no sculpting skills, so I had to find a better idea. I took Rotta and put it on the torso and then draw a nose, eyes and trunk on it. Not very good, but that's all I have. But, the body is in my opinion good. I got my inspiration here.

2014-01-13_16.04.29.jpg

2014-01-13_16.04.56.jpg