Jump to content


Lego comics


11 replies to this topic

#1 rupi

rupi

    Posts: 245
    Joined: 18-August 06
    Member: 912
    Country: Portugal

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hi,
I have been busy doing some comics with fotos of my mocs, I only have one in english for now but I intend to translate the others...
If you want to check up the exam
The others in the brickshelf folder are only in portuguese, but please look and coment...

PS: I want to ask a favor to the people who are fluent in english here, do you think the text is ok? if you see some mistake please let me know.
Thanks

#2 rupi

rupi

    Posts: 245
    Joined: 18-August 06
    Member: 912
    Country: Portugal

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

I'm so disapointed :-/  no one made coments on my lego comics...
I have another one translated to english
SMART

tell me what you think, if anyone sees any errors (I'm not english) please let me know.
Thanks

#3 Rayden

Rayden

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 27-March 07
    Member: 1479
    Country: Belgium

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:53 PM

View Postrupi, on Mar 30 2007, 11:31 PM, said:

I'm so disapointed :-/  no one made coments on my lego comics...
I have another one translated to english
SMART

tell me what you think, if anyone sees any errors (I'm not english) please let me know.
Thanks
Good stuff.  *y*

Just 2 slight errors in the Smart story.

The pic with the police officer, where she replies "A wheel, Mr Officer?" I think it's either translated wrong, or I don't get it.  :-D
I guess it should have been "Drivers License" instead of wheel.

And instead of "doctor" I think you ment "daughter".

Keep them comming!

#4 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

View PostRayden, on Mar 31 2007, 12:53 AM, said:

The pic with the police officer, where she replies "A wheel, Mr Officer?" I think it's either translated wrong, or I don't get it.  :-D
I guess it should have been "Drivers License" instead of wheel.

And instead of "doctor" I think you ment "daughter".
I got the impression it was referring to the steering wheel. Or rather lack thereof.

I think 'doctor' is correct as well. As in, the doctor told her to walk more, because it's good for her health.

BTW, I like the Smart car design.  *y*
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#5 Rayden

Rayden

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 27-March 07
    Member: 1479
    Country: Belgium

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 31 2007, 12:43 PM, said:

I got the impression it was referring to the steering wheel. Or rather lack thereof.

I think 'doctor' is correct as well. As in, the doctor told her to walk more, because it's good for her health.
After reading it a second time I must conclude that you are correct on both points.  :-$

#6 rupi

rupi

    Posts: 245
    Joined: 18-August 06
    Member: 912
    Country: Portugal

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:12 PM

View PostRayden, on Mar 31 2007, 02:15 PM, said:

After reading it a second time I must conclude that you are correct on both points.  :-$

thanks for your comments. *sweet*
you are right, the car has no steering wheel.
It is only 6 studs long and I couldn't manage to put a steering without changing it a bit, but I dindn't like how it looked so I leaved it like that. But you are right it doesn't make sense if you don't notice that, so I think I will change the text and put "license" instead.
About the second comment, That's the doctor that recommended granny to walk...
In the original text in portuguese I had other jokes but I removed them because you would only understand if you were inside the context.
Thank's again for your oppinion.
I will make the translated versions of the other comics I have soon.

#7 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

Very nice, and a brilliant graphic work!  *y*
Your designs are superior like always, especially with that smart.
(I guess itīs the latest model equipped with telekinetic steerability....)  :-P

#8 Wout

Wout

    Posts: 2643
    Joined: 29-March 07
    Member: 1485
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

I like the butcheryshop and I like the Smart :-)

But do you mock the Smart?

It is good that there are small cars, because there are already many cars in Europe and the most are every year larger. In the Netherlands some rich people buy S.U.V. cars, altough they are special made for wild lands and keep off the wild animals. In the cities You can't park a S.U.V. on a normal parking place, but a Smart can be parked. They use less benzine and pump less Co2 into air. It would be better if More people drive small cars like the Smart
Duke of Equestria

#9 Rayden

Rayden

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 27-March 07
    Member: 1479
    Country: Belgium

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:07 PM

View PostWout, on Apr 1 2007, 02:49 PM, said:

but a Smart can be parked.
Why park it when you can put it into your locker at work?  :-D

#10 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

View PostAsuka, on Mar 31 2007, 08:50 PM, said:

I guess itīs the latest model equipped with telekinetic steerability....
What?! I thought all cars had that. Maybe that's why I keep having crashes...  ;-)   :-D
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#11 rupi

rupi

    Posts: 245
    Joined: 18-August 06
    Member: 912
    Country: Portugal

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

View PostWout, on Apr 1 2007, 03:49 PM, said:

I like the butcheryshop and I like the Smart :-)

But do you mock the Smart?

It is good that there are small cars, because there are already many cars in Europe and the most are every year larger. In the Netherlands some rich people buy S.U.V. cars, altough they are special made for wild lands and keep off the wild animals. In the cities You can't park a S.U.V. on a normal parking place, but a Smart can be parked. They use less benzine and pump less Co2 into air. It would be better if More people drive small cars like the Smart

The Smart is a great car that's why I Moc it :-$
If you liked the butcher shop I allready translate it to english, check it out:
Machado the Butcher
and thank's for the comments.

#12 Wout

Wout

    Posts: 2643
    Joined: 29-March 07
    Member: 1485
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh about this, thank  you for the link
Duke of Equestria



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users