Sign in to follow this  
Haderach

LEGO 10227 - Longer "stick" to better secure rear cockpit?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hello All,

For anyone that has built 10227, you certainly know that the rear of the cockpit mounts using a 2x2 plate and is prone to falling off. It appears that if part # 4538721 was longer, it would help secure the rear of the cockpit.

http://www.brickset....s/?part=4538721

Is anyone aware of a longer version of this part?

Secondly, maybe anyone out there has taken a different approach to securing the rear of the cockpit?

Lastly, anyone out there have any additional 10227 mods you've performed that you'd like to share. There has to be a better way to secure the lower gun pod. As for the gaps between hull plates above and below the engines, not sure that is fixable.

Thanks

You could always try this piece. It isn't in production any more, and the Dark Bluish Gray variant was only in two sets, but it is more than a half stud longer. So it should work.

It'll cost you a pretty penny on Bricklink, though.

Also, any details on what 6L vs 6.6L means? I'm assuming this describes the length somehow?

Yep, the nL is the length in studs.

EDIT: Sorry, old images have been lost! :cry_sad:

Not to worry, new images in my later post! :grin:

Edited by Regimus

The shape looks SOOO much better for the set than the bubble canopy that's currently on it. Good idea!

I've got this set and I really like it, with the exception of the weird cockpit canopy design.

For a static set the fix for the weapons is more needed as it tends to fall off of mine when I move them to dust. The MF windscreen is a great idea!!!

What parts fall off, and what do you use to dust? I use a swiffer duster and don't have problems with anything getting caught on the duster or popping off.

What parts fall off, and what do you use to dust? I use a swiffer duster and don't have problems with anything getting caught on the duster or popping off.

I have too many sets on one shelf so I have to move them to the floor. Because of the way it "balances" on the stand it always seems to bump the floor and pop off.

That windscreen is much better without a doubt. I am quite surprised that you can put a minifigure in there and it doesn't look ridiculously out of scale.

I originally intended to integrate the MF windscreen with the 10227 cockpit but the angles and size were drastically different.

I have built a new cockpit from scratch, based heavily on the latest MF, which incorporates the original 10227 seat as well as some controls I've put together in the very limited space.

d2gHHWN.jpg

Full album http://imgur.com/a/aqCQH

Edited by Regimus