Yet another Probe Droid and a big hello and thank you to all.

7 replies to this topic

#1 djs72

djs72

Member: 24616

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image

Hello,

Though I've only recently joined this site, it's been one I've been following for years. I can't say enough about some of the creations I've seen here and I feel like I owe a big thank you for countless hours spent with my kids looking over everyone's MOC's the past year or two, and keeping up to date with their favourite LEGO themes - in this Star Wars forum and in Pirates, in particular.

I just felt it was about time I submitted my first post and thought I should at least put up something small I just built for my son. We'd seen quite a few great Probe Droid creations here, large and small, and I thought I'd take what I'd learned from some of you and try my own version. I was trying to keep it as close to minifig size as possible for him, while retaining as much accuracy as I could.

Hopefully, the kids and I will use this to start a larger Hoth scene this summer.

At any rate, here it is - and again a big thanks for all of the unbelievable work a lot of you post here.

Have a good one.

Posted Image

#2 Dapper-D2

Dapper-D2

Member: 22141

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Welcome djs72! This is a great looking probe droid! It’s simple and effective with nice details. Great work!  :thumbup:
CUUSOO
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image          
flickr

#3 djs72

djs72

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks! Hopefully, in a few months, the kids and I will be able to get stuck into some much larger MOC's and scenes, again, trying to use a lot of what I've been learning in here.

#4 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Help Me Build Hogwarts!

Member: 18405

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

Looks nice! I like the brick built legs, instead of using bars. Great job!

#5 DFOL

DFOL

Member: 10119

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Welcome to the EB community! You sure know how to make an entrance with that nice little probe droid! It is pretty accurate to the real thing overall, but i particularly like the arms underneath. I hope you keep posting your creations, i'd love to see what else you got in store for us!
Dutch Fan Of LEGO

#6 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Wow, that is a really good looking version of the probe droid :thumbup:. Very well put together :thumbup:.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 dr_spock

dr_spock

• Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes

Member: 8775

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Welcome aboard.  Fitting way to make an entrance as you have been probing us for years.   :classic:    Good looking droid.  :thumbup:

#8 djs72

djs72

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

View Postdr_spock, on 11 May 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Welcome aboard.  Fitting way to make an entrance as you have been probing us for years.   :classic:    Good looking droid.  :thumbup:

Nice! Hope it hasn't been too painful for anyone! Thanks for the comments. I've recently finished a few larger PoC creations for the kids to play with, as well. I'll be posting them later this week in the Pirates forum.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users