Pirates Hidout

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic  – Started by Smitty , Feb 27 2012 02:31 AM

#1 Smitty

Smitty

Member: 13027

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

205B
So I picked up this set at my local Toys R Us because I loved the hot rod included. After looking at the "cabin" for several days, I decided it would make a fun little pirate shack. So Away I built...lol. I think the MOC turned out nice, the only thing I wish was that I had some bigger blue base plates.Try not to disturb the retired Captain Grey as he drinks...er I mean fishes. And first mate Peg Leg Pete prepares the coconuts for this evenings feast. And last but not least we have the trusty cook John,who has spent the afternoon slaving over a proper meal for the captain. He has fixed his favorite ( chicken as usual..lol)Anyway, hope you enjoy as this was a fun project! :pir-classic:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Flickr pics

Just noticed I misspelled "hideout" in the title. can't figure out how to fix it....hope the mods can fix it for me...lol.

#2 SirSven7

SirSven7
  • I'm back baby!

Member: 15308

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

Very nice build, I love the fish coming out of the water and the coconuts in the tree, its a shame there's not a shot from the back so that we can see the interior in all its glory.

great build  :thumbup:
Posted ImageSteve's Lego Blog
Sir Sven, Level 1 Knight
23-year old human male
Power: 4 Health: 10 Gold: 0
Inventory: Ancestors’ Sword(WP: 3),Ancestors' Shield (SP 2), Potion (2), Bedroll

#3 Palathadric

Palathadric
  • Makes other members' internet speeds seem ridiculously fast

Member: 19379

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Sweet build.
I think the windows and doors look slightly bright compared to the rest and for it being a pirate hideout, but otherwise it's quite a nice scene. The fish coming out of the water really is superb. :pir-sweet: I like the "pier" a lot too. :pir_yoda:
They that love God will never meet for the last time.
This life isn't the end. We will meet again.
Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image
Brickshelf Account
See my work in the Official Lego sets made in LDraw topic

#4 Hiawatha

Hiawatha

Member: 20480

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostSirSven7, on 02 March 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Very nice build, I love the fish coming out of the water and the coconuts in the tree, its a shame there's not a shot from the back so that we can see the interior in all its glory.

great build  :thumbup:

I agree, pictures of the inside would be nice. Fantastic creation!

Posted Image Posted Image

My Brickshelf

View Postefullner, on 06 October 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

I can figure what Dey will say when he meets with Hiawatha.

Hiya, Watha!

#5 Smitty

Smitty

Member: 13027

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

I had some pics of the back on my flickr....but here are some.s you can see, I made the roof removable unlike the original. I used the original window and door, just to keep the feel of the original set as well. I will also post a comparison picture of the original set and mine shortly. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Duck

Duck
  • scRubber Duck

Member: 4078

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Looks really good! I think a darker door and window panes would look more authentic but as a set conversion from a totally different theme goes, this is pretty great!  :pir-sweet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links