The original post said:
So, does anyone else on EB play? I've got 3,500+ Fame that I'm not doing anything with (I don't acquire Fame fast enough or wield rare enough equipment to make buying an Amulet a realistically practical idea), so...Eurobricks Guild, anyone?
Mid-Tier Free Items Available:
All freebie mules are now public. E-mail addresses and passwords are on the Board in the Guild Hall.
DarthNihil (Darth Nihilus)
PoisonKate (Poison Ivy)
MaskedBud (Masked Builder)
How to Join the EB Guild:
- Register for RotMG.
- You need to be Rank 1 before you can join, so you'll need 20 Fame. Fortunately, there is a 20 Fame bonus at your first death. Go store your equips in the vault and have fun suiciding.
- Go to the Nexus. If you haven't done so already, check which server you're on. You can click on 'Servers' from the main menu to change servers. The guild usually plays on EUNorth2, at the bottom of the list, and finding you will be much easier if you're already there. (and if you came from one of the busier servers, like USWest, you'll probably find a lot fewer people, a faster-running game, and a lot fewer n00bs - even if you're still a newb yourself. )
- Find the gold statue in the beginning of the Nexus.
- Set a unique name. It's probably best to pick a name that's similar to your EB name. (Hint: Don't pick 'Hornblower'. Other players seem to interpret it in the, ah, wrong way. )
- Meet Doc or Skipper in the game. You can set up a meeting or just hang around the Nexus and keep typing '/teleport Brickdoctr' or '/teleport Hornblower' until one of them gets on, but you might be doing that for a long time, depending on what time it is...
- Accept the invitation. When you do, your name and the names of other guild members will appear green. They will also appear as green dots instead of yellow on the minimap. You can also participate in guild-private chat by adding '/g' to the beginning of each comment. The resulting comment will appear green amongst the other comments in the lower-left corner, and (if you have the option to view text bubbles on) their text bubbles will be green, too. Basically, if it's green, it's probably guild-related. (Note: Medusas are green, but they are definitely not your guild buddies. Kill them or run away; don't go over to say 'Hi'. )
- Click on the names of the other guild members near you in the sidebar and select 'Lock' Now, their names will appear emboldened in the sidebar and will always be at the top of the list, even if they're not one of the six players closest to you, provided they're in the same area as you. (same Nexus, same dungeon, same realm, Guild Hall on the same server, etc.) This way, you can easily find them if they're online.
- Be sure to check out the Guild Hall, through the brown double doors at the beginning of the Nexus. The Guild Board has some important info, including login details for the mules holding free equips that your fellow guild members don't need. Do note that there is a separate Guild Hall for each server, so don't just say, "Everyone meet in the Guild Hall!", and expect to be able to see people on other servers. This is a common complaint that the devs are aware of, but, for now, another reason for everyone to stick to EUNorth2.