Sign in to follow this  
Fred Daniel Yam

Temple of Mars Ultor

Mars Ultor, The Avenger; God of War and Blood. The Romans' most revered God, he brought down the tide of battle onto Rome's enemies and crushed all who opposed them. In Albion, Mars is a popular deity because of his battle spirit and his philosophy of war.

"One who seeks war is foolish, one who is prepared for war is wise."

Fighters and warriors who enter the city of Albion go to the Temple of Mars for blessing in battle and bring offerings for him.

dsc01209.jpg

Here, a warrior from a land far away comes to give thanks to Mars for prowess in battle. Two knights are stationed at the Temple in case of looters and robbers.

dsc01210.jpg

This Statue of Mars has been commissioned by Artorious Rex for the Temple specifically. His weaponry has changed from the Roman pilum, to a more Avalonian longsword, likewise, his boar shield has been changed by a round buckler similar to the one carried by Lord Rex. The offerings has been given.

dsc01212.jpg

Close-up of the knight, he offers his sword as a token of gratitude for his ability in battle.

dsc01214.jpg

Behind him, a mysterious fighter from a land to the East, he wields no weapons except for his fists and feet. He is in Albion to participate a tournament testing him against skilled fighters from around the world. I stand in the background. :sweet:

C&C appreciated and Thank You for Watching.

Edited by volcanicpanik

A man from the east, must be Nocturnian :tongue: Hard to keep a good assassin down I guess...

Your shrine is cool, but I would like to see some more work on the ground, perhaps a few round plates to make the ground look less flat, rocks etc, some shrubs, or even flower beds.

A man from the east, must be Nocturnian :tongue: Hard to keep a good assassin down I guess...

Your shrine is cool, but I would like to see some more work on the ground, perhaps a few round plates to make the ground look less flat, rocks etc, some shrubs, or even flower beds.

I'll work on some flowers, foliage is my Achilles' Heel in building, but I will try.

And that warrior comes from a land more East than Nocturnus, from a land known as Japan. :tongue: He's missing boxing gloves, but what can you do?

Looking good! :classic: The statue is really nice!

I agree with ISC though, the ground could use some work...

The top of the shrine looks rather cut off with those grey tiles, you could add some bricks on top of it. Like http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4589b in gold or something to break up the flat look of it!

Keep on mocing! :classic:

I like how they sacrifice cookies to their deity.

Cookies make you strong for battle.

Edited by Wardancer

Looking good! :classic: The statue is really nice!

I agree with ISC though, the ground could use some work...

The top of the shrine looks rather cut off with those grey tiles, you could add some bricks on top of it. Like http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4589b in gold or something to break up the flat look of it!

Keep on mocing! :classic:

Thanks, I have changed the roof, added a path and am working on trees.

Nice little alter here.

I like the statue.

Please remember to put "Albion" in the title for MOCs for our capital.