SilentMode

WIP: Studio News Desk

While I'm waiting for the remaining parts for the exhibit display to arrive, I thought I'd give another idea a go.

Initially I thought of creating a very small vignette with a "weather girl" and a display. Then I got to thinking: one thing I haven't seen, either as a set or an MOC, is a news desk.

So this is the very beginning of the news desk area, in LDD:

news_desk_wip.png

(Hi, Billy Mays (R.I.P) here for the Lego'clock News!)

I've restricted myself to the bricks available via Design by Me (which is very restrictive!), just to see how much they'd charge. That's why the colours are off, and the figures aren't the ones I'd like.

I could use some ideas for things to add to the scene, or even things to change.

Looks promising 'SilentMode' - are you going to include microphones and a camera dolly ?

Also are you going to brick build it ?

Oh, yeah don't forget the crazy weather person too ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

It is going to be a brick build!

I was thinking of building the "studio" in separate parts, perhaps even modular: the news desk would be one part, the weather section another and the camera people and cameras yet another.

Pretty good news desk SilentMode. But I gotta agree with them, it still needs cameras, mic dollies, graphics background and additional details. But that's already a good start and hoping to see that in brickform soon.

Update...

lddscreenshot3.png

Set 1: News desk with a retractable display. Includes Billy Mays and anchorwoman minifigures.

Set 2: Weather station (minus the crazy weather girl). A combination of blue tiles and green plates to make up the map, and various coloured round plates for indicators.

Set 3: Cameraman and boom microphone operator. (Minifigures may differ.)

Set 4: ???

Great weather map, boom operator (though it's a bit short) and an EXCELLENT camera dolly - looks like a genuine one !

Now brickbuild it......but don't forget the control booth where all the switches and dials are ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! 'SilentMode' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Cool. I like the camera a lot. One thing though, the weather man usually has a screen to the side to look at so he can see where he is pointing, because usually, there is a green screen instead of the graphic.

green_screen_boris_lg.jpg

Looking good, 100x improved from your first one with all the additional elements you've added. default_thumbup.gif I agree with lightningtiger, now all we need to see is the brickbuild. I'm sure it'll look great. default_classic.gif

Cool. I like the camera a lot. One thing though, the weather man usually has a screen to the side to look at so he can see where he is pointing, because usually, there is a green screen instead of the graphic.

green_screen_boris_lg.jpg

Therein lies a challenge: what to do?

• have a green screen instead of the weather map
  • Use something else for the display (eg. paper or decorated tiles) to simulate a green screen
  • go old school and use what I have now.

Thanks for the compliments so far, I've got the first few parts on order so I may be able to start building.

This is my News Studio

dsc03792n.jpg

The background is world map that is made by lights of three primary color (red, green, blue)

The main desk seats two anchors for main news.

The left side with HDTV can be used for reporting sport and weather news.

That is really cool! I like what you did with the world map int he background. I might have to "borrow" the idea for the HDTV.

• have a green screen instead of the weather map
  • Use something else for the display (eg. paper or decorated tiles) to simulate a green screen
  • go old school and use what I have now.

It depends whether your station is modern or old style.

Ive been sitting for a few hours building an news room with weather and a editingroom in the LDD. This is what i came out with =p

Hope u like it =) Its my first offical MOC ever ;)

lddscreenshot5_-_kopi.png

The white 2x4 are where the logos are.

And u can see the green screen with a tv infront of the weatherman ;)

The "box" are where the editing are done ;)

Edited by eiker86

It looks like SilentMode's News Studio Desk WIP Topic has become the unofficial 'Post your News Desk design topic'. default_laugh_new.gif Anyways, great designs 'mant' and 'eiker86'. SilentMode, I think you should stick with your tiled floor, a smooth finish makes the studio looks very professional.

EDIT: Just realized that very clever build of your news desk floor, really nice. default_thumbup.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

Hmmm... I'm not sure whether I've inspired people or they've had those models all along, but it's all good. It's great to see the variations in designs, which gave me ideas for things I didn't think of.

I think I'm headed toward the retro look, not least because of the tan walls: apart from the greys and white, tan was probably the only colour which all the wall pieces were available in. (I got caught out by an unused blue for the weather section.) I'm also a fan of retro.