Lego MINDSTORMS NXT Monkeys Show Agility

1 reply to this topic

#1 DLuders

DLuders

• Technic Technician

Member: 7868

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:28 AM

We're all descendants of monkeys, right?   :wub:  Well, you should feel a kinship with Lego Technic Monkeys that can really get around!  

Joshyboy81 made a video of a Lego Mindstorms NXT version of this motorized 4094 Lego Inventor "Motor Movers" set.  He wrote, "With my Lego Mindstorms NXT kit I created a monkey robot that climbs along a sring, hand over hand":

Posted Image  

Ugenementor made a great NXT "Gymnastic Robot" (which could be a Rhesus Monkey).  Posted Image  He wrote, "We used LEGO Mindstorms NXT to build a two-link gymnastic robot which can perform giant loops on a horizontal bar. The hand-and-bar link is a free running passive joint. Two NXT motors are used to drive the robot-shoulder link. We are still seeking the factors to make repeatable and predictable loops. Comments and ideas are welcomed!

"Building and programming instruction could be downloaded from: http://www.ugmentor....ot-960212.pdf  [10 pages, 1.2 MB; a somewhat slow download so be patient].  Contact: Mr. Eugene Tsai, gene@ugmentor.com."

#2 Burf2000

Burf2000

Member: 6615

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

Love the climbing bot, That's given me a idea

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users